How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Offense

You must have a balanced attack proving that you can both run the ball and pass the ball. The most important part of that balanced attack is being physical at the line of scrimmage when running the ball. The offensive line needs to dominate at the point of attack. Once you establish the run, it opens up the passing game. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage on offense, impose your will and take the life out of them physically, you’ll have much success.

Defense

The #1 priority of the defense is to be able to stop the run. It’s paramount to having a good defense because if you can stop the offense from running down your throats it means that you’re controlling the line of scrimmage. Again, physicality. Imposing your will on the opposing teams offense. It turns a team into a 1 dimensional team. Then you have them where you want them. If you can’t stop the run, you’re doomed in the playoffs.

Bottom Line

It’s all about physicality. It’s impossible to do either of the above if you can’t control the line of scrimmage. And you can’t just do 1 well, you have to do both well. Physicality is what football is all about. Controlling the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys haven’t been able to do both in the same season since the early 90’s. Yet CZ fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures. To put it nicely, how naive.
Your post sounds like the media posts these days where the topic physicality is on vogue right now

I wonder wether you change your argumention after the media gives you something else to bite on.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think a lot of fans on this board spread the blame around pretty well.

The jones boys get heat. Totally agree, as they should do....get a professional in.

Dak gets heat....... Well it is three years he's come up short.....and hasnt been able to manage/lead his Offense

The coaches get heat...... Yes, but the highlighted issue with the Slant-Pick6 v GB, is Dak's contribution to the problem, as much as the design. Are we doing away with ALL Slants, because Dak's has a lot of problem in that area (see below)

The defense gets heat. Totally agree as they should do. But the 2 SF losses, they bent, but didnt capitulate and we did have 4 late drives to win/tie both games.

The running game gets heat. Too much emphasis on the run game issues (as above, it was good enough to keep us in the 2 SF games). The GB game, wasnt lost because of an ineffectual run game. Indeed, it was working right up to the point Dak chose to somewhat abandon it. The passing game failed, maybe Dak was panicked into moving off the run game, which would highlight his composure issues.

all that being said. While yes, it’s a team game and it takes an entire team to win a Super Bowl. It is fair for people to evaluate individual players and whether they are or are not good enough to reach the ultimate goal as part of the team.
Indeed, all blame/responsibilities arent equal. If you have the ball in your hands and dictate every offensive play.....and get paid for it, shouldnt the QB be held to a higher level of scrutiny. He reportedly has the run/pass play option, part of his job is to read secondary pre/post snap and if he has (continual) trouble with high Safeties coming down.....this makes a lot of his playbook slants a gamble (which not actually absolves coaching, but seriously restricts them, if Dak cant read defenses).

So many Dak Skeptics and Fence Sitters blame him because of the composure under pressure argument and that's going to be difficult to overcome....even with a new Owner, GM, Defense and Run game.

i suppose a MVP candidate WOULDNT BE EXPECTED TO HAVE THE 1ST HALF DAK HAD VRS GB. THEN WHEN PRESSURES OFF AND GAME'S GONE HE TURNS BACK INTO MVP DAK.....if that doesnt encapsulate the whole 'why Dak's blamed' I dont know what is.....especially when he lacked composure in the endgames in both SF losses, when he had those 4 drives and came up empty in every one.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak was awful in the first half. He played better after he stopped forcing the ball and missing peeling coverage. That is besides the point. Why do we disregard what happened after the pick 6?
How much value should we put into stats put up against a defense playing softer as they had a massive lead?

You said it yourself. Dak was awful in the first half. GB built up a 27-0 lead after the interception for a TD. The game was essentially over at that point. So how much value should we put into stats churned up in a blowout?

Personally, I find it inaccurate to look at the final box score and conclude he played well because he dropped 400 yards passing in GB, for example.

Hadenough

Reaction score
No one played well. Why are you focusing only on Dak? Just look at all your posts in this thread :facepalm:
The QB has the biggest influence on the outcome of a game. Daks poor play is so demoralizing for a defense that is struggling to right the ship. You think that defense wanted to catch their breath after that opening drive by the Packers. Dak goes 3 and out and that was equivalent to kicking the defensive players in the face. The last 3 playoff games Daks first possession is 3 and out. You think players don't notice that? Why do you think Lamb was yelling at Dak early in the game. Dak has a massive choking problem. Every team in the NFL knows jump on Dallas early. Play the run and force Dak to beat you through the air. He can't do it!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How much value should we put into stats put up against a defense playing softer as they had a massive lead?

You said it yourself. Dak was awful in the first half. GB built up a 27-0 lead after the interception for a TD. The game was essentially over at that point. So how much value should we put into stats churned up in a blowout?

Personally, I find it inaccurate to look at the final box score and conclude he played well because he dropped 400 yards passing in GB, for example.
Yep, the 'release' of tension when the games lost, there just isnt the pressure to win. Similar in a way to the inability to achieve late in the two SF games, when despite the poor performances by the whole team, he still had those 4 late drive attempts to win/tie.

As you/we say, it's the total difference between Dak (under pressure) and Arm chair Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Indeed, all blame/responsibilities arent equal. If you have the ball in your hands and dictate every offensive play.....and get paid for it, shouldnt the QB be held to a higher level of scrutiny. He reportedly has the run/pass play option, part of his job is to read secondary pre/post snap and if he has (continual) trouble with high Safeties coming down.....this makes a lot of his playbook slants a gamble (which not actually absolves coaching, but seriously restricts them, if Dak cant read defenses).

So many Dak Skeptics and Fence Sitters blame him because of the composure under pressure argument and that's going to be difficult to overcome....even with a new Owner, GM, Defense and Run game.

i suppose a MVP candidate WOULDNT BE EXPECTED TO HAVE THE 1ST HALF DAK HAD VRS GB. THEN WHEN PRESSURES OFF AND GAME'S GONE HE TURNS BACK INTO MVP DAK.....if that doesnt encapsulate the whole 'why Dak's blamed' I dont know what is.....especially when he lacked composure in the endgames in both SF losses, when he had those 4 drives and came up empty in every one.
It's bewildering to me. "Aw poor Dak everyone picks on him...it's not fair...everyone else sucks too!". As if Dak is the only QB in the history of NFL to get the treatment?

A few even dare say "It's not about football".

It's every QB. Nature of the position. And when you contribute to losses like Dak has...well...it's somewhat earned.

Sydla

Reaction score
I believe every one of your posts in this thread is about Dak so it’s reasonable to think that all you talk about is Dak. At least in this thread.
Or you could literally read the actual posts in this thread and see where I said multiple times the problems weren't just Dak.

But at the end of the day he plays the most important position on the field and he plays a position that can have the greatest effect on the outcome of a game. That's undeniable. It's why teams pay huge amounts of money and spend tons of resources to find that franchise QB. If that QB doesn't play well in the biggest moments, it makes it tough for any team to make a run. That's not a Dak or Cowboys thing. That's the entire NFL thing.

Again it's very peculiar that people think this is such a controversial topic. Dak has to be better, more efficient, more consistent in the postseason regardless of the team around him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn't mention anyone or quote anyone. I wrote "Ya'll" so relax. Who the hell was I picking on? Jesus.
I'm not sure of your response, but first of all I'm not Jesus but thank you for the kind words.....

I'm just simply adding to the conversation, that's pretty typical of how things are in here, I couldn't have said it any better but thank you very much....

moving on but I was also expecting this response because exactly that's my point here, we go let's open this up and turn it into a flame war everybody start their engines.... :oldcouple: :popcorn::facepalm::welcome::espn::popcorn:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Don't be asking AC a question like that otherwise you will get the Kurt Warner, Cole Beasley treatment...again, over and over and over and...well, you get it.
He won't be bringing up Kurt anymore...dude tried to use Kurt as an authority to prop up Dak, then when I posted a video of Kurt's true feelings about Dak...he started dissing his own source!!! Circular BS...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
306751755_5667565486670398_5766609573021069050_n.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your post sounds like the media posts these days where the topic physicality is on vogue right now

I wonder wether you change your argumention after the media gives you something else to bite on.
Son, I was saying that all last year. Oh, and no such word as argumention. Jeez.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The QB has the biggest influence on the outcome of a game. Daks poor play is so demoralizing for a defense that is struggling to right the ship. You think that defense wanted to catch their breath after that opening drive by the Packers. Dak goes 3 and out and that was equivalent to kicking the defensive players in the face. The last 3 playoff games Daks first possession is 3 and out. You think players don't notice that? Why do you think Lamb was yelling at Dak early in the game. Dak has a massive choking problem. Every team in the NFL knows jump on Dallas early. Play the run and force Dak to beat you through the air. He can't do it!
Poor defense needed to catch its breath. They were physically dominated on both sides of the ball. The game was over before it ever started. Can’t win in the playoffs if you’re physically weak like they were last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Or you could literally read the actual posts in this thread and see where I said multiple times the problems weren't just Dak.

But at the end of the day he plays the most important position on the field and he plays a position that can have the greatest effect on the outcome of a game. That's undeniable. It's why teams pay huge amounts of money and spend tons of resources to find that franchise QB. If that QB doesn't play well in the biggest moments, it makes it tough for any team to make a run. That's not a Dak or Cowboys thing. That's the entire NFL thing.

Again it's very peculiar that people think this is such a controversial topic. Dak has to be better, more efficient, more consistent in the postseason regardless of the team around him.
Maybe next year he can win NFL MVP instead of just coming in 2nd and being an All Pro. See how ridiculous you haters are? Of course you can’t.