How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe next year he can win NFL MVP instead of just coming in 2nd and being an All Pro. See how ridiculous you haters are? Of course you can’t.
How does this refute the fact that Dak simply hasn't played up to snuff in much of his postseason time here in Dallas?

He wasn't very good against GB. How does saying he finished 2nd in the MVP balloting change that reality?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Poor defense needed to catch its breath. They were physically dominated on both sides of the ball. The game was over before it ever started. Can’t win in the playoffs if you’re physically weak like they were last year.
Green Bay's defense also needed to catch it's breath. The 3-and-outs and Dak pick 6's kept putting them right back on the field!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How does this refute the fact that Dak simply hasn't played up to snuff in much of his postseason time here in Dallas?

He wasn't very good against GB. How does saying he finished 2nd in the MVP balloting change that reality?
It doesn’t. But there’s cause and reaction you haters just are incapable of understanding it seems.

Sydla

Reaction score
It doesn’t. But there’s cause and reaction you haters just are incapable of understanding it seems.
LOL. Understanding what?

It doesn't matter what Dak now does in the regular season. Until he comes up big in the postseason he'll always have questions. And again, this isn't a Dak thing, it's universal across the league. A QB is judged by his postseason successes. Kirk Cousins has put up impressive stats over his career but has typically come up small in big games and the playoffs. Accordingly, he has questions about how good he really is. Dak is no different.

Again, the fact you guys act like this is somehow some big controversial statement is weird.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL. Understanding what?

It doesn't matter what Dak now does in the regular season. Until he comes up big in the postseason he'll always have questions. And again, this isn't a Dak thing, it's universal across the league. A QB is judged by his postseason successes. Kirk Cousins has put up impressive stats over his career but has typically come up small in big games and the playoffs. Accordingly, he has questions about how good he really is. Dak is no different.

Again, the fact you guys act like this is somehow some big controversial statement is weird.
Like I said, you’re unable to understand. Stick to Madden where you can get any player you want and get rid of any player you want.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
We haven't been a physical, mentally tough team in a long time. It will remain that way until Jerry decides to change it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, all I know is that Dak played so good in that game the he made JJ cry and the fans to start leaving the Stajum at half time. Sign Dak up for mo, mo, mo years and give him mo, mo, mo money.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How much value should we put into stats put up against a defense playing softer as they had a massive lead?

You said it yourself. Dak was awful in the first half. GB built up a 27-0 lead after the interception for a TD. The game was essentially over at that point. So how much value should we put into stats churned up in a blowout?

Personally, I find it inaccurate to look at the final box score and conclude he played well because he dropped 400 yards passing in GB, for example.
I like this. You were wrong about your bias which was to exclude it all.

Have fun with your red herrings.

And yes we all know you gave up at 27-0 and don't like to think about it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Son, I was saying that all last year. Oh, and no such word as argumention. Jeez.
Wow daddy-o. You found one mistake.
Congratulations!

There is another one in it which i worked in there for you. Just a test to find out at what educational level you are. I will adapt my level of argumentation acordingly.

Just a little harder to discover. But dont quit early. Even if you are an old fart show some fight, youll find it.

To the rest of your post: cudos to you. Imo you are right. Maybe Media hopped on your posts and not vice verdammt.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ve tried my best to remain Swiss on #4 since the argument either way is relentless….he has his flaws yet he QBs my team. I try to balance that.

But take him out of the equation for a moment. If you were able to take the best traits of every QB in history, and combine them to make the perfect player….does he win that GB game? Probably not.

When the opponent can run up the gut at will, which consequently (or coincidentally, doesn’t matter) allows for wide open receivers, I don’t see how a QB can overcome that.

Matching scores I guess, but Prescott isn’t really that. People just expect him to be because of his salary.

Yeah, if he played better in each SF playoff loss, they may have won those, especially the one in SF…but I can’t pin GB on him alone. That was a full on 53 man team disaster from Dak to MM all the way down to Sam Williams victory party (some catch on quickly as to what the Cowboys are about).

The blame lies in several areas, but if you’re going to narrow it to one….it’s of course Jerry and Son, who have to get their info from biased assistant coaches instead of being capable of actual evaluation themselves, because they want to play celebrities on TV and radio.

Real simple for me….as long as the boss remains the dumbest person in the room, good things will not happen. And I’m not talking about business deals or marketing before anyone heads there. Clearly we have no issue in that area. Great.