How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Sports media has also turned against Dak...it's just the stans and cheerleaders left now.
Sports Media turn their flags to whatever brings them clicks. To whatever they think it sells to the masses because it Hits an emotional nerve.

It has nothing to do with reality, facts pr even the truth. Just the way free market and unregulated capitalism works. Nobody cares about facts, they are not interessting to the grey mass. Emotional stuff sells. See fox and so on....

I would have loved to start my post with IMO but very sadly those are facts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve tried my best to remain Swiss on #4 since the argument either way is relentless….he has his flaws yet he QBs my team. I try to balance that.

But take him out of the equation for a moment. If you were able to take the best traits of every QB in history, and combine them to make the perfect player….does he win that GB game? Probably not.

When the opponent can run up the gut at will, which consequently (or coincidentally, doesn’t matter) allows for wide open receivers, I don’t see how a QB can overcome that.

Matching scores I guess, but Prescott isn’t really that. People just expect him to be because of his salary.

Yeah, if he played better in each SF playoff loss, they may have won those, especially the one in SF…but I can’t pin GB on him alone. That was a full on 53 man team disaster from Dak to MM all the way down to Sam Williams victory party (some catch on quickly as to what the Cowboys are about).

The blame lies in several areas, but if you’re going to narrow it to one….it’s of course Jerry and Son, who have to get their info from biased assistant coaches instead of being capable of actual evaluation themselves, because they want to play celebrities on TV and radio.

Real simple for me….as long as the boss remains the dumbest person in the room, good things will not happen. And I’m not talking about business deals or marketing before anyone heads there. Clearly we have no issue in that area. Great.
It’s a double edged sword with Prescott which is a reflection of our entire team . Cowboys are over rated based on their dominance of lesser teams while struggling against greater teams more often than not.

Our QB and team is enough to reach the playoffs most years but continue to come up short against better teams in playoffs. It was magnified last year being blown out against what many considered a lesser team in playoffs.

But we must take into consideration the Packers were playing better ball down the stretch than we were and ultimately became a much tougher out than a 7th seed should have been taking 49ers to the brink.

Regardless it doesn’t excuse such a pitiful performance by entire team on both sides of the ball laying a total turd.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn’t. But there’s cause and reaction you haters just are incapable of understanding it seems.
Please define haters?

Is that a Cowboy fan who is very critical of losing?

That would mean a Homer is more supportive of losing?

I don’t know any Cowboy fans personally who are happy with how the season played out.

This issue or divide only seems to be prevalent online.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is it possible we have Cowboy fans who are frustrated with how our QB and team performed in the playoffs?

Or is everybody All In on all aspects of the team and QB regardless the turds we lay in the playoffs. No criticism you can offer.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Please define haters?

Is that a Cowboy fan who is very critical of losing?

That would mean a Homer is more supportive of losing?

I don’t know any Cowboy fans personally who are happy with how the season played out.

This issue or divide only seems to be prevalent online.
I’ve defined it here numerous times. It’s posters that do nothing here but ***** about Dak all the time in almost every post. Got it?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m offended by this hater label.

I’ve been a Diehard fan and Cowboys Homer for about 60 years. But I’m also very critical of all aspects.

Does that make me Hater and Homer. Im confused.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Wow daddy-o. You found one mistake.
Congratulations!

There is another one in it which i worked in there for you. Just a test to find out at what educational level you are. I will adapt my level of argumentation acordingly.

Just a little harder to discover. But dont quit early. Even if you are an old fart show some fight, youll find it.

To the rest of your post: cudos to you. Imo you are right. Maybe Media hopped on your posts and not vice verdammt.
I was saying it before anyone else was so maybe they did.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it possible we have Cowboy fans who are frustrated with how our QB and team performed in the playoffs?

Or is everybody All In on all aspects of the team and QB regardless the turds we lay in the playoffs. No criticism you can offer.
Bold> There was a time when I thought the answer to your question was simple but found out recently it is actually complicated according to some viewpoints.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Look at my thread history sunshine.
I always thought Homers were more positive fans.

This comes off like a negative thread hating on other fans.

“ sunshine” that’s not meant to be a personal attack or insult ? Right