How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

Sydla

Reaction score
No, that’s not why. But I’ve explained it countless times lately and you’re unable to grasp it.
LOL, it is precisely why. He's made enough mistakes all by himself to warrant the criticism he gets from his postseason play.

Any explanation of Dak's failures in the postseason that is some tired and twisted analysis where one blames everyone around Dak and puts no responsibility on his shoulders for some of his failures is nothing more than Dak homerism.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL, it is precisely why. He's made enough mistakes all by himself to warrant the criticism he gets from his postseason play.

Any explanation of Dak's failures in the postseason that is some tired and twisted analysis where one blames everyone around Dak and puts no responsibility on his shoulders for some of his failures is nothing more than Dak homerism.
And you’re nothing more than a Dak hater.

Sydla

Reaction score
And you’re nothing more than a Dak hater.
Way to refute the post.

The problem is deep down you know I am right. Deep down you realize the folly in basically absolving Dak from any real criticism for his postseason play, instead trying to blame everyone else. But you've carved out your weak position and now have no choice but try to defend it, even to your total embarrassment.

At the end of the day, Dak deserves criticism for his postseason play. If you also want to blame the run game or the coaches or OL, go ahead, they deserve some too. But none of that should absolve Dak from also being blamed for his poor play in the postseason. Anyone that can't do that is just a dishonest fan.

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
Way to refute the post.

The problem is deep down you know I am right. Deep down you realize the folly in basically absolving Dak from any real criticism for his postseason play, instead trying to blame everyone else. But you've carved out your weak position and now have no choice but try to defend it, even to your total embarrassment.

At the end of the day, Dak deserves criticism for his postseason play. If you also want to blame the run game or the coaches or OL, go ahead, they deserve some too. But none of that should absolve Dak from also being blamed for his poor play in the postseason. Anyone that can't do that is just a dishonest fan.
I think the point of all of this is some fans feel like if you replace Dak, we would see better results. Thus the argument that 1 player is not the only problem. Just thinking out loud.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think the point of all of this is some fans feel like if you replace Dak, we would see better results. Thus the argument that 1 player is not the only problem. Just thinking out loud.
There is some truth to that. There exists the very real possibility that if they were to get rid of Dak, they could struggle to find a competent QB to replace him and that it could take a few years to find another franchise guy.

But the response to that reality isn't to pretend Dak doesn't have limitations or that Dak doesn't own at least some of his mistakes in the postseason. He does things that have nothing to do with the OL or the coach or the play design, etc.

My position on Dak is that at some point, when do you just decide that no matter what he does in the regular season the fact he comes up small in the postseason forces you to make a change? Dallas is in a pickle given his contract situation. You let him ride out the year on his current deal and you run the risk of having to pay him WAY MORE than you would today or that he gives you the bird. But on the flipside, if he has another postseason flame out, would it be prudent to just let him walk (or worse, you sign him for 4 more years and he flames out again in the postseason - now you are tied to him long term).

Brax

Reaction score
You said it, I never did.
Super fan, of Dak, super hater on the rest of the team. At least you admit Dak sucks in the playoffs, but for some twisted logic Dak is your hero and failure season after season is acceptable to you because it’s everyone else’s fault when in reality if you knew anything more than a “casual fan “ you would admit Dak is a major problem in the playoffs and was horrible in the 2 SF games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Way to refute the post.

Deep down I KNOW I’m right. You just are unable to comprehend why.

Brax

Reaction score
You’re partially correct Dak being a big part of the problem and many fans feel it can’t be fixed without changing Dak, will that solve the problem, who knows but we do know at this point Daks play in the playoffs is sub par against good teams a trait that also rears its ugly head in regular season.

Brax

Reaction score
Deep down I KNOW I’m right. You just are unable to comprehend why.
Deep down you will not admit it because somehow you’ve become emotionally attached to Dak coupled with your 8 year posting every excuse for Dak and attacking and attaching blame to every player, coach and refs and the NFL for his failures and the trend of posts continues, so in reality you’re the naive one

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Deep down you will not admit it because somehow you’ve become emotionally attached to Dak coupled with your 8 year posting every excuse for Dak and attacking and attaching blame to every player, coach and refs and the NFL for his failures and the trend of posts continues, so in reality you’re the naive one
No I base it on him leading the league in TD passes, being voted All Pro and having to play QB on a severely flawed team. You, and the rest of the haters, are incapable of grasping the why obviously. Oh, and he was MVP runner-up. The haters look silly. :flagwave:

Brax

Reaction score
No I base it on him leading the league in TD passes, being voted All Pro and having to play QB on a severely flawed team. You, and the rest of the haters, are incapable of grasping the why obviously. Oh, and he was MVP runner-up. The haters look silly. :flagwave:
Severely flawed team's, that’s a funny one , no first place MVP votes, led the league against the 32 ranked cumulative regular season defenses, the biggest flaw is the processor between Daks ears and the choke gene.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
I agree his postseason play has not been good. But I’m one of the few here that are smart enough to understand why. There’s only a handful of us.
I don't think you do . Racking up stats against sorry teams does not make him good . When in the playoffs , these teams are good . Dak's STATS over his career show, he sucks when facing teams .500+ . Facts . I know, you and your handful can't comprehend that .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't think you do . Racking up stats against sorry teams does not make him good . When in the playoffs , these teams are good . Dak's STATS over his career show, he sucks when facing teams .500+ . Facts . I know, you and your handful can't comprehend that .
It makes him better than any other QB in TD passes, accuracy and 2nd in MVP voting. No other QB racked up stats like that. :rolleyes::facepalm: