How on Earth is Garrett NOT Coach of the Year?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'll give you one reason why I'm ok with Bruce Arians being coach of the year.

He lost his starting qb then his back up and that team never stopped playing man.. remember when Romo got hurt? The entire team just took a vacation and took the lawn chairs out. No fight no guts.

Bruce Arians is a stud man.

Good point. However, Arizona was never about their QB play and its all about defense. It can be said that Garrett had the worst defense in the league and lost two starters - Ware and Hatcher. Yet was able to turn the team around despite of that.

See what I mean.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score

Bingo? How did those two coordinators do when THEY were the head coaches?

And, how can you say he did less? were you there? did you take part in film sessions? were you part of training camps? were you standing at the sideline of even game? were you sitting in the war room during the draft? were you part of meetings with the scouts? does Jerry invite you during his meetings with Garret?

Or this is just your perception out of media, clueless fans, and haters?

And why do you and the one you quotes lash out at JG when things go wrong? he is doing less, isn't this what you are saying?

:cool:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
We lose 28-17 and that's us taking a vacation.

But the Cardinals lose to a bad Falcons team. But hey they never stopped playing!

Not this year lol.. when the team lost Romo and proceeded to get embarrassed by every team and get their coach fired.. we all remember that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
2) The Cowboys became more successful with Garrett doing less. Arians did almost everything personnel-wise for the Cards.

Which means Marinelli should have gotten assistant coach of the year. Oh, wait. That went to Todd Bowles from the Cardinals staff too. :rolleyes:

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Easy, BECAUSE Jerry won Executive of the Year, Murray won offensive player of the year, Romo was a finalist for MVP, and Martin was a finalist for offensive rookie of the year. They have to spread the wealth and we kept popping up in every other category.

Agree. These are meant to sprinkle around, and not based on who meant the most to their team, division or league.

Aliens is a very good coach, but also blew the division title and NFC home field advantage.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I guess I needed more handwaving?

It was an attempt at irony.

I find the 'realists' who are rationalizing the outcome with the we succeeded because Garrett did less notions to be quite amusing.

PLAYCALLING!!

Gotcha!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'll give you one reason why I'm ok with Bruce Arians being coach of the year.

He lost his starting qb then his back up and that team never stopped playing man.. remember when Romo got hurt? The entire team just took a vacation and took the lawn chairs out. No fight no guts.

Bruce Arians is a stud man.

Well, the Cardinals loss four of their last eight games, five of the last nine if you count the playoffs. All of those without their starting quarterback. So I don't see how that's keeping your team together. And they beat us with Carson Palmer playing a portion of that game and us playing Weeden, who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I wouldn't exactly call that a team that never stopped playing. Just saying. ;)

visionary

Reaction score
Good point. However, Arizona was never about their QB play and its all about defense. It can be said that Garrett had the worst defense in the league and lost two starters - Ware and Hatcher. Yet was able to turn the team around despite of that.

See what I mean.

If this is "Garrett's process" then why does he have the worst defense after 4 years ?

He had made his choices and is accountable for them

See what I mean?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jerry won Executive of the Year because he didn't listen to a bunch of know nothings and didn't fire Garrett. They got those two backwards.

irishline

Reaction score
Why would Garrett be considered Coach of the Year? We're a 12-4 team who won ONE playoff game this year.

Why would Arians be considered Coach of the Year? They were a 11-5 team who won zero playoff games this year.

See how that works?

khiladi

Reaction score
Coach of the Year probably doesn't include play-off games, just like any individual player awards don't, as far as I know..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Coach of the Year probably doesn't include play-off games, just like any individual player awards don't, as far as I know..
Improvement by 1 game is awesome then huh? Arians not only was not my pick for Coach of the Year, he wouldn't have been in my top 3.

I find it humorous that the injury thing is no longer an "excuse" but a reason why he deserves it.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Which is the same reason Romo didn't win MVP the Cowboys are more successful when he does less.

So less is really more. I get it now. :thumbup:

Cowboys still got the big ole shaft in every aspect this season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I felt Garrett should have gotten it. Expectation for the Cowboys was nil only thing many felt Dallas was playing for was the overall 1st rd pick on the 2015 draft to then go 12-4 that is a heck of a turn around. Arz went into the 2014 season with high expectation having gone 10-6 in 2013. I do think Arians has done a great job and if Garrett was going to be by passed for this award I'm glad Arians got it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Which means Marinelli should have gotten assistant coach of the year. Oh, wait. That went to Todd Bowles from the Cardinals staff too. :rolleyes:
I think you can make a better case for Marinelli or even Linehan over Bowles than you can JG over Arians.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Improvement by 1 game is awesome then huh? Arians not only was not my pick for Coach of the Year, he wouldn't have been in my top 3.

I find it humorous that the injury thing is no longer an "excuse" but a reason why he deserves it.
Unless the injuries are happening in Dallas. Then it's the opposite, and it's next man up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Unless the injuries are happening in Dallas. Then it's the opposite, and it's next man up.
It is always next man up for every team. But I find it really hilarious that injuries "did not" factor into the results of 2012 and 2013 for Dallas, we had a whole lot fewer in 2014 and were a markedly better team, even on Defense despite losing Ware and Hatcher, but suddenly injuries are the reason why an improve by 1 game and win no playoff games even against a team with a sub .500 record is evidence he was the best Coach. Total laughable hypocrisy.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
It is always next man up for every team. But I find it really hilarious that injuries "did not" factor into the results of 2012 and 2013 for Dallas, we had a whole lot fewer in 2014 and were a markedly better team, even on Defense despite losing Ware and Hatcher, but suddenly injuries are the reason why an improve by 1 game and win no playoff games even against a team with a sub .500 record is evidence he was the best Coach. Total laughable hypocrisy.

Yep. I just love agendas, even when they are utterly refuted and disproven. Please tell me this offseason is going to fly by.