How on Earth is Garrett NOT Coach of the Year?

khiladi

Reaction score
Improvement by 1 game is awesome then huh? Arians not only was not my pick for Coach of the Year, he wouldn't have been in my top 3.

I find it humorous that the injury thing is no longer an "excuse" but a reason why he deserves it.

Settle down... I wasn't saying it was. Somebody was including play-off games above, so I pointed out that it's all irrelevant in choosing who a coach of the year is. It simply doesn't.

BTW, we saw how great Dallas looked in Weeden's second game as QB here.. We also lost to Arizona. But you can't blame Romo being out per your own logic, that injuries don't count. It's simply a fact a QB's impact on a team is much greater than any other player. We'd suck without Romo.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
And BTW, Arians exerts a much greater influence on the team than Garrett does, despite what Garrett homers profess. They always got to resort to some vague claims they cannot prove, as opposed to facts like Jerry demoted Garrett as a play-caller, thus reducing his influence on the team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I wasn't saying it was. Somebody was including play-off games above, so I pointed out that it's all irrelevant in choosing who a coach of the year is. It simply doesn't.

Settle down... BTW, we saw how great Dallas looked in Weeden's second game as QB here.. We also lost to Arizona. But you can't blame Romo being out per your own logic, that injuries don't count. It's simply a fact a QB's impact on a team is much greater than any other player. We'd suck without Romo.
Settle down? Disagreeing with you means I am riled up?

Toughen up...BTW, I didn't say injuries didn't derail that team, especially at QB. Tell me this, you saw (I assume) with your own eyes how awful Lindley was playing. Coach of the Year sticking with that?

Not in my book.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
And BTW, Arians exerts a much greater influence on the team than Garrett does, despite what Garrett homers profess. They always got to resort to some vague claims they cannot prove, as opposed to facts like Jerry demoted Garrett as a play-caller, thus reducing his influence on the team.
Yeah, I hear every Arziona Cardinal constantly talking about the influence he has there. They echo his philosophies in every media interview as if he had programmed them. <-extreme sarcasm

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear every Arziona Cardinal constantly talking about the influence he has there. They echo his philosophies in every media interview as if he had programmed them. <-extreme sarcasm

Was he demoted as play-caller? Was he relegated to walk the sidelines and the defense per Jerry's own words like Garrett was?

BTW, I wouldn't have cared if Garrett won Coach of the Year. None of that negates the fact he was demoted as play-caller and Jerry took more and more 'power' away from him. He also admitted he kept sticking his nose in Callahan's business last season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Settle down? Disagreeing with you means I am riled up?

Toughen up...BTW, I didn't say injuries didn't derail that team, especially at QB. Tell me this, you saw (I assume) with your own eyes how awful Lindley was playing. Coach of the Year sticking with that?

Not in my book.

Because the Cardinals were stacked at QB, right... Did you see how awful Weeden played his whole career that we even picked him up? Coach of the Year picking him up?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

reduces his influence yet the players feel a lot different about Garrett and the leadership he brings to that team. You spend so much time trying to belittle Garrett seem it is more important to you to prove yourself right that Garrett is just there yet the organization the coaching staff and players seem to think a lot different that you

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Because the Cardinals were stacked at QB, right... Did you see how awful Weeden played his whole career that we even picked him up? Coach of the Year picking him up?
LOL

The only reason Weeden was picked up was because he was dirt cheap for Dallas. You're reaching with short arms.

khiladi

Reaction score
reduces his influence yet the players feel a lot different about Garrett and the leadership he brings to that team. You spend so much time trying to belittle Garrett seem it is more important to you to prove yourself right that Garrett is just there yet the organization the coaching staff and players seem to think a lot different that you

His influence was reduced. It's a fact, unless you think Jerry is lying.

khiladi

Reaction score
LOL

The only reason Weeden was picked up was because he was dirt cheap for Dallas. You're reaching with short arms.

Ah OK, so they picked up a dirt cheap guy that sucked as much as Lindley. How much did Lindley cost?

Reaching with short arms.. LOL...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Was he demoted as play-caller? Was he relegated to walk the sidelines and the defense per Jerry's own words like Garrett was?

BTW, I wouldn't have cared if Garrett won Coach of the Year. None of that negates the fact he was demoted as play-caller and Jerry took more and more 'power' away from him. He also admitted he kept sticking his nose in Callahan's business last season.
I don't see that as a demotion and find it hilarious that you do. It borders on not knowing anything about the game to be quite truthful. It is humorous to me that you make no correlation to his increased involvement in the Defense and their improvement despite losing 2 Pro Bowl caliber players.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

He is the HC get got into Callahan business because it is Garrett business as the HC. If Callahan was not operating the offense Garrett wanted then it is the HC job to change that up. You talk demotion he is the HC coach that is not being demoted.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't see that as a demotion and find it hilarious that you do. It borders on not knowing anything about the game to be quite truthful. It is humorous to me that you make no correlation to his increased involvement in the Defense and their improvement despite losing 2 Pro Bowl caliber players.

Oh you mean the improvement had nothing to do with Marinelli taking over the defense...

khiladi

Reaction score
Lindley cost about 3 games.

And Weeden cost us Arizona, the only game he started... Thank our lucky stars he didn't start again... How does that prove your point? Oh yeah, it doesn't..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
His influence was reduced. It's a fact, unless you think Jerry is lying.

He is the HC and it was Jerry talking of the great job Garrett has done this season it was Garrett whom he extended the contract to continue to be HC of the Dallas Cowboys. Fact is you don't like Garrett and use every opportunity to rag on him.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It is always next man up for every team. But I find it really hilarious that injuries "did not" factor into the results of 2012 and 2013 for Dallas, we had a whole lot fewer in 2014 and were a markedly better team, even on Defense despite losing Ware and Hatcher, but suddenly injuries are the reason why an improve by 1 game and win no playoff games even against a team with a sub .500 record is evidence he was the best Coach. Total laughable hypocrisy.

8-8 in a crappy NFC East is a far cry from the 2014 NFC West.

khiladi

Reaction score
He is the HC get got into Callahan business because it is Garrett business as the HC. If Callahan was not operating the offense Garrett wanted then it is the HC job to change that up. You talk demotion he is the HC coach that is not being demoted.

No, it was not. Callahan was the OC and Jerry delegated him as OC, after Jason failed as OC. So Jason was interfering despite failing. It didn't even take Jerry long to actually replace Garrett and try Callahan after his first year. Must have been making quite an impression his first year that Jerry finally had enough and after that, went Linehan...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have no problem with Arians winning it over Garrett, both were deserving. I have a problem with the discrepancy between Rodgers, Watt and Romo for MVP.

Anyways, it is all lining up for next season:
Garrett = COY
Romo = MVP
Dez = OPOY
Mo = DPOY :D

And rings for everyone!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No, it was not. Callahan was the OC and Jerry delegated him as OC, after Jason failed as OC. So Jason was interfering despite failing. It didn't even take Jerry long to actually replace Garrett and try Callahan after his first year. Must have been making quite an impression his first year that Jerry finally had enough and after that, went Linehan...

And it was Garrett who removed Callahan from that role, why because he is the HC he is not some puppet. Jerry wants Garrett to be the HC not the OC giving Garrett more focus on the team instead of one side of the ball. Linehan was hired a man that Jason worked with and has a close relationship with that was not by accident and what did Linehan say that he was told by Garrett when he got the job? Linehan said Garrett directed him that we would run the ball. Fact is Jason Garrett is the HC of the Cowboys and if Jerry was unhappy about that he would not have given Jason and extension on the contract, why the hell would anyone extend a contract if you did not believe in the HC. Only one who seems to have an issue is you. Good luck with that.