How on Earth is Garrett NOT Coach of the Year?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The simple answer is Garrett did not get the votes. Why, is another matter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, Jerry already said that Scott Linehan would utilize their best players and emphasize the running game when he was comparing it to what Garrett does not do when he hired him. He said this specifically in the context that they don't have to change offensive systems, the implication being Jason wasn't getting the job done in his own offense.

Garrett repeating the line of why they went Linehan doesn't prove your case at all.

Yeah just repeating yet it was Garrett who chose Linehan a man he had worked with and a man whom he trusted. You are so full of it, your own blind hate of Garrett and again Jerry likes the job he is doing he extended him as the HC he is getting paid way more than the OC and DC but that does not matter right? lol Evidently you do not understand that a HC is the highest position within a coaching staff it is not the OC it is not the DC or any other coach they all answer to Jason. When Callahan was not getting it done it was Jason who took the job away from him. A puppet does what he is told a person taking on the responsility as a HC does what he feels is best for his team

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
So no quotes.. So Jerry is mumbling and incoherent now? And your free of confirmation bias?
Now?

When has Jerry ever been clear to you or anyone else? His interviews are so full of homilies and stories that I laugh every time people take him seriously.

No, I do not own free of confirmation bias. Though I am sure you meant to ask me if I am free of it. There is no such thing as a human being who is free from it.

I ask you again...you do realize that no Dallas Cowboys player or staff member would agree with your assessment of the media interpretation of Jerry Jones' convoluted comments about Jason Garrett's role on this football team? I mean you do realize he is the guy who is involved in and ultimately green lights the game plan? You do realize that he actually coaches players on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams? You do realize that he is completely in charge of the 8-8 as well as the 12-4 football teams?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
No, you mean Garrett being more involved didn't have any affect, and that would be silly.

Bottom line man, I live in AZ and your comment that Arians has more impact on his players than Garrett has on his is a freaking joke. The Cardinals players like the guy, but it is nowhere near how our players respect Garrett. You hear me? Nowhere near.

You were wrong about the man and you obviously intend to continue being wrong about him. Good luck with that. I've never liked purposely looking dumb myself, but that's my vanity. I applaud your apparent inhibitions to it.

Mike, let's be real. You live 2 hours away from the Cardinals. Your over-the-top love for Garrett is one thing but you can't expect people to take you serious when you say things like this. Through both of my jobs, I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking to guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Tyrann Mathieu, Deone Bucannan, as well as Cardinals coaches Nick Rapone, Kevin Garver, and Kevin Ross. They all LOVE Arians and can't stop talking about him.

To be fair, I know one Cowboy player, one ex-player, and another Cowboy employee who can't stop gushing about Garrett. I expect players to say great things about their current coaches.

Garrett was in the top 3 voting and even though I would have never thought so a year ago, absolutely deserved to be there. Arians absolutely deserved to win the COY. No travesty here. Besides, Garrett should be in the running next year.... it's a process.

khiladi

Reaction score
Now?

When has Jerry ever been clear to you or anyone else? His interviews are so full of homilies and stories that I laugh every time people take him seriously.

No, I do not own free of confirmation bias. Though I am sure you meant to ask me if I am free of it. There is no such thing as a human being who is free from it.

I ask you again...you do realize that no Dallas Cowboys player or staff member would agree with your assessment of the media interpretation of Jerry Jones' convoluted comments about Jason Garrett's role on this football team? I mean you do realize he is the guy who is involved in and ultimately green lights the game plan? You do realize that he actually coaches players on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams? You do realize that he is completely in charge of the 8-8 as well as the 12-4 football teams?

So those are homilies? Change in offense while maintaining the same system is a homily? Detroit doing things differently than Dallas under Garrett and Linehan is a homily?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mike, let's be real. You live 2 hours away from the Cardinals. Your over-the-top love for Garrett is one thing but you can't expect people to take you serious when you say things like this. Through both of my jobs, I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking to guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Tyrann Mathieu, Deone Bucannan, as well as Cardinals coaches Nick Rapone, Kevin Garver, and Kevin Ross. They all LOVE Arians and can't stop talking about him.

To be fair, I know one Cowboy player, one ex-player, and another Cowboy employee who can't stop gushing about Garrett. I expect players to say great things about their current coaches.

Garrett was in the top 3 voting and even though I would have never thought so a year ago, absolutely deserved to be there. Arians absolutely deserved to win the COY. No travesty here. Besides, Garrett should be in the running next year.... it's a process.
Wait, I didn't say they don't love the guy. Yes, let's be real. Are you sure you can? Tell me the Cardinals players who sound just like him when interviewed by the media? I love how my living 2 hours away from the Cardinals means that the Tucson news isn't all over them. Maybe if you lived 2 hours away from them too you'd know better than to say something silly like that, or if you'd lived in this state for more than 2 or 3 years. I am jealous you got to talk to Fitz because I think he is one of the classiest guys in the NFL.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
So those are homilies? Change in offense while maintaining the same system is a homily? Detroit doing things differently than Dallas under Garrett and Linehan is a homily?
You don't realize that talking about salt pepper as it pertains to football is a homily? Seriously?

Who learned you English? <-bad grammar on purpose.

khiladi

Reaction score
You don't realize that talking about salt pepper as it pertains to football is a homily? Seriously?

Who learned you English? <-bad grammar on purpose.

Jerry said plenty of things which I quoted. Did I reference salt and pepper as one of the things in that last quote? Unless of course you think Jerry only speaks in homily all the time, as if you couldn't even tell what he was saying in his homily..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tom Landry was named coach of the year once in 1966. Jimmy Johnson was named coach of the year in 1990 with a 7-9 record making him the only coach to win coach of the year honors with a losing team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jerry said plenty of things which I quoted. Did I reference salt and pepper as one of the things in that last quote? Unless of course you think Jerry only speaks in homily all the time, as if you couldn't even tell what he was saying in his homily..
Wait what is it Jerry wants some more of?

Did you know his Dad sold Insurance and groceries? I did. I pay attention. Did you know those things when describing football are...wait for it...homilies?

khiladi

Reaction score
Wait what is it Jerry wants some more of?

Did you know his Dad sold Insurance and groceries? I did. I pay attention. Did you know those things when describing football are...wait for it...homilies?

And yet, you've provided not a single quote like I did but some really irrelevant tangents and claims that Jerry is being cryptic..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
And yet, you've provided not a single quote like I did but some really irrelevant tangents and claims that Jerry is being cryptic..
Who do you want quotes from? You've already completely ignored the one from Linehan who according to the media was going to be more pass happy than Garrett was. They were of course wrong.

khiladi

Reaction score
Who do you want quotes from? You've already completely ignored the one from Linehan who according to the media was going to be more pass happy than Garrett was. They were of course wrong.

So Jerry was speaking homily when talking about the changes in offense from Garrett to Linehan? So what stopped Garrett from running the ball when he had total control? It almost sounds like when Jerry was saying coaches claim they run the ball, but often don't do it... I guess Jerry in February was telling us that Garrett always wanted to run the ball, but they changed to Linehan to run the ball.. makes a lot of sense there

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am wrong about one thing though. I am incorrectly calling his stories homilies. They really do not have a religious context to them. I am using it in the way people say "home spun homilies" which really just means creative ways of saying or not saying something.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
So Jerry was speaking homily when talking about the changes in offense from Garrett to Linehan?
Yes.

Who do you want quotes from? Do you seriously believe anyone on the staff or players agree with your assessment of his role? When are you going to answer these questions? My guess is never.

Skeered? <- purposely misspelled.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes.

Who do you want quotes from? Do you seriously believe anyone on the staff or players agree with your assessment of his role? When are you going to answer these questions? My guess is never.

Skeered? <- purposely misspelled.

So you don't believe Jerry Jones now? He was being cryptic? So we are suppose to believe it was Garrett's plan after a year of getting bashed for abandoning the run in particular for doing just that, which was preceded by multiple years of neglecting the run?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
So you don't believe Jerry Jones now? He was being cryptic? So we are suppose to believe it was Garrett's desire after a year of getting bashed for abandoning the run in particular for doing just that?

Already been answered. You are skeered aren't you? You know if you say yes I'm going to bury you. Yes, I am going to. I'm just waiting for the chance.

khiladi

Reaction score
Already been answered. You are skeered aren't you? You know if you say yes I'm going to bury you. Yes, I am going to. I'm just waiting for the chance.

So Jerry was being cryptic when he said Garrett handles ambiguity well in the context of play-calling duties being taken away from him? Salt and pepper wasn't the only statement...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
So Jerry was being cryptic when he said Garrett handles ambiguity well in the context of play-calling duties being taken away from him? Salt and pepper wasn't the only statement...

Already answered.

Mike Fisher said this when I just asked him what he would say to someone who believes Jason Garrett has nothing to do with the game day preparations for football.

"I'd say that person is completely ignorant of how things work at Valley Ranch."

Steve Dennis said, "Tell that guy he doesn't have a clue."

Their words, not mine.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Steve Dennis added this. "Garrett doesn't have his fingerprints in everything right now. He has LARGE footprints in everything."

I won't relay what he said about Rainer.