How would you celebrate Garrett's exit?

efh313

Reaction score
Personally i'd like to know where did this Lincoln Reily obsession come from any damn way?
Exactly!

Last I recall... over the summer I think... it was all about the possibility of convincing Nick Saban to come to Big D!

What happened to the Saban love?
Who would you rather have Riley or Saban?

Since we are playing the fun speculation game!
;)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm willing to take that chance, what's the worst thing that can happen? We're mediocre and don't get to the NFCCG?
I think most people are .. but it will still be funny when Jerry hires someone few people expect at least at this time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly!

Last I recall... over the summer I think... it was all about the possibility of convincing Nick Saban to come to Big D!

What happened to the Saban love?
Who would you rather have Riley or Saban?

Since we are playing the fun speculation game!
;)
I can't imagine why either would want the job. They make as much money already as the would in the NFL, they have better job security, more authority and control they than they would in the NFL, especially than they would with Dallas, and they have the advantage of being able to get better athletes every year than their opponents.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
By coming here to figure out which Garrett fan is appointing themselves as the president of the new Cowboys coach hater club.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I wouldn't celebrate until I actually see some positive change in the defense and offense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Speaking of which, is it possible to hire English football manager Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)? Sure, it's a different sport, but even he'd be easily better than Garrett. He'd probably leave the playcalling to a proper OC and the defence to a proper DC, and he'd handle the job of coaching the players to do their jobs. It'd be seriously outside the box, but hey, I think he could be worth a go.

Klopp when unhappy:

giphy.gif

Garrett when things aren't going well:

source.gif

Need I say more?

Fire407

Reaction score
Probably laugh when his replacement ends up being someone most fans did not want.
I don't care who it is as long as its a different body on the sideline. Whoever gets hired won't be treated like a son and will be on a much shorter leash than Garrett. If the next guy doesn't have success in the playoffs, then we move on---something we haven't been able to do for 10 years.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Klopp when unhappy:

giphy.gif

Garrett when things aren't going well:

source.gif

Need I say more?
Klopp's like WT... what in the ever loving shiznice is happening here?
Garrett's like, we're down only two scores guys! Good job! Come on back and drink some Gatorade.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Klopp's like WT... what in the ever loving shiznice is happening here?
Garrett's like, we're down only two scores guys! Good job! Come on back and drink some Gatorade.

Exactly lol. Big difference between the two, I think. I don't like Liverpool, being a Bournemouth chap and also liking Chelsea. But Klopp is an excellent manager, and I reckon he'd be a very good coach here. It'd take him a bit of adjusting, but, like I said, he'd be able to surround himself with chaps that can call the plays, and he does a lot of the motivating and other things that head coaches have to do. Plus, he's really amusing in interviews. Wicked sense of humour.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Exactly lol. Big difference between the two, I think. I don't like Liverpool, being a Bournemouth chap and also liking Chelsea. But Klopp is an excellent manager, and I reckon he'd be a very good coach here. It'd take him a bit of adjusting, but, like I said, he'd be able to surround himself with chaps that can call the plays, and he does a lot of the motivating and other things that head coaches have to do. Plus, he's really amusing in interviews. Wicked sense of humour.
He'd fail here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
NOTHING, NADA

I wait 3 years to see if the replacement is actually better..sometimes it opens up the swinging door of coaches just to get back to winning.. I know we want a SB but 10 wins a yr avg of late , division wins, at least getting to the playoffs is better then losing all the time..remember when 6-10 was common and 8-8 was looked at as a step up.. well its easy to wish for new HC or QB etc but its not typically going to work out the way you hoped..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He'd fail here.

Meh, maybe. Especially with him being a manager for a different sport. Still, I reckon it'd be amusing, and I think we'd really like having him here. I reckon the players would quickly grow to respect him, and he could have Jerry give him the best offensive and defencive minds he can get for him. Besides, even without that, he'd still be better than Garrett.