1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

How would you feel if the Cowboys took QB Jalen Hurts early?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Floatyworm, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

9,478 Messages
    5,840 Likes Received
    I beg to differ and this is things said about both whe coming out of college.

https://n.rivals.com/news/ask-farrell-is-jalen-hurts-the-next-lamar-jackson-

2. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,584 Messages
    7,406 Likes Received
    He's like a smaller Dak, not very good at QB.

3. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received

We need to find 3 starters with the first 3 picks, Maybe if he falls to us in the 4th

blueblood70 likes this.
  4. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

5,054 Messages
    6,212 Likes Received
    too small for my liking

5. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

9,478 Messages
    5,840 Likes Received
    what? he's 6'1 222
    Dak 6'2 229

Swagger and blueblood70 like this.
  6. starcity214

starcity214 Well-Known Member

841 Messages
    1,668 Likes Received

You don't seem to understand the "QB Savior" complex.

Guys like Darnold and Mayfield suffer from this where guys like Dak, Alex Smith and Jalen Hurts are game managers and they know and are comfortable with that role..

If Hurts were to be drafted to a bad team in need of savior, he would bust, but if Hurts was to be drafted here and asked to drive the bus he would excel.

Dak on almost any other team would be just another Tyrod Taylor/Jacoby Brissett.

The smart move would be to draft hurts but we will see..

Swagger and Captain-Crash like this.
  7. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

13,075 Messages
    9,812 Likes Received
    Wrong?

Wrong?

Do you know 'wrong' spelled backwards..

Gnorw..

is still 'wrong'.

:laugh:

Just playing.

Corso likes this.
  8. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

940 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    And dumping generally leads to lower yards per attempt, but again Hurts was higher than Dak? Look I like Dak, but he was a raw passer coming out of college. Hurts will be drafted higher because of his talent, which is raw too. Is he as good of a passer as Dak right now? No, but coming out of college I think most would rate Jalen higher and statistics say Dak wasn't more accurate. That's a fact and not a jaded view.

Swagger likes this.
  9. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

10,519 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    I like that idea, Cole would be a great late round QB for MM to groom.

10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,312 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    Hurts' stats are greatly helped by facing the horrible Big XII defenses this past season. The conference that inflates the stats of many QBs.

11. BigD5

BigD5 Well-Known Member

1,434 Messages
    2,006 Likes Received
    Jalen Hurts cannot play QB. He doesn’t have the anticipation or the accuracy or ability to read defenses that it takes to be successful.

Watch this video and watch the TD to Ridley. At the start of the play Ridley is WIDE open. Right in front of Hurts and Hurts does not even see him. This happened almost every time he dropped back to pass at Alabama. Also on the flea flicker, Ridley is open by about 8 yds and Hurts underthrows him so bad the DB catches up and knocks the ball away

Terrible QB. Good leader. Strong runner. Strong arm. Awful awful at reading defenses. ZERO anticipation on throws. Will never ever be a good QB in the NFL

12. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    2,542 Likes Received
    This will be the lead on Get Up, First Take, Undisputed, etc...... Talking Heads will have a field day. If the Cowboys were talking to Eason, University of Washington I would be worried if I was Dak because of his arm talent. Hurts is Dak if he develops.

13. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,085 Messages
    2,696 Likes Received
    mope.... its called negotiations. At some point, its like anything else. I love this house... I want to buy this house, but they are asking 550k. I can only pay 450k... I wait, I offer, but they wont come down. At some point, I need to go buy a different house. Same principal with a QB.

14. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,085 Messages
    2,696 Likes Received
    I dont like him, but who cares what I like. Point is simple. it would send the message to Dak that we like you, we want to keep you, but if you dont budge on your demands, we are prepared to move on without you. Its called covering your ***. Kind of like the difference between being prepared for this crisis, and not.

Swagger and Captain-Crash like this.
  15. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,207 Messages
    7,416 Likes Received
    :lmao:the narratives..hos big is Kyler and Russ? Ill wait..how many huge games was dak a part of in major college bowl and playoff runs?

Oh Watson is 6'2 215....right his size is an issue but not in college huh?

waiting...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Swagger and Dre11 like this.
  16. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,207 Messages
    7,416 Likes Received
    that said NO to the 2nd round possibly 3rd but really IM COMFORTBALE AT 4TH ROUND..

17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,279 Messages
    5,396 Likes Received
    I don't think Dak actually has Cowboy fan haters. I think he just has some fans that don't think he is good enough.

Swagger, Captain-Crash and jjktkk like this.
  18. marius

marius Active Member

170 Messages
    111 Likes Received
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

60,472 Messages
    63,411 Likes Received
    Before the 4th? Waste of a pick.

JoeKing likes this.
  20. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

7,095 Messages
    11,407 Likes Received
    Hurts is not a big time NFL prospect. Accuracy is very suspect and I question any QB coming out of Oklahoma. Big 12 plays zero defense and Lincoln Riley plays sandlot offense. Plenty more guys other than him if Dallas is looking at a top half of the draft QB.