How Would You Go About Building A Running Game

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lets talk about free agents and the draft , who do you like . And how should we go about improving the run game.I wanted Henry from the Titans at the trade deadline.But we did nothing.Lets talk about it.
first of all they did look into henry they wanted a second round pick TOO MUCH!! , we need to draft a stud Ezekiel Elliott or henry type in the draft. Its that easy than once we get that settled figure out the best scheme to get them going with the current OL with little changes... you use tat 2nd on fresh young legs not DH...I like him but salary and age say no higher then a 4 why is he still there , umm easy answer TT wanted too much as they didn't truly want to get rid of him..

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Personnel wise, I would resign Tyron, draft a tackle and a center with the first two picks in the draft. The new tackle can play swing and/or compete with Steele for the starting RT spot. Sign a couple of cheap but functional RBs in free agency. If you draft a guy, great, but it's not necessary.

Schematically, you have to bring in fresh blood, because the guys in house just don't have it. Darrell Bevell is part of the Dolphins staff and has ties to Dan Quinn, if we're looking for someone with connections to the current staff. Klint Kubiak is looking for an OC job. You could probably steal Kafka from the Giants if you wanted to make Daboll's anger management issues even worse, lol.

Honestly just pick any young up and coming guy from a successful scheme and let him cook.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Realistically we have The LG in staff in Bass.

Rt and center I'd start with Barton
Yep I’d start Bass at G, move Tyler to LT and draft Zach Frazier to play C. Then I’d draft a stud back and hire a new OL coach and run game coordinator.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hire James Cregg From the 49ers and give him OL / Running Game Coordinator , hes been there 2 years but before that he was the Offensive line coach for LSU when they had all those 1000 yard running backs.
Best post of 2024!

James Cregg is the assistant OL coach in SF.
- i.e. It would be a promotion for him to take the Cowboys OL coach job.

The 49ers run scheme is the best in the league.

kskboys

Reaction score
first of all they did look into henry they wanted a second round pick TOO MUCH!! , we need to draft a stud Ezekiel Elliott or henry type in the draft. Its that easy than once we get that settled figure out the best scheme to get them going with the current OL with little changes... you use tat 2nd on fresh young legs not DH...I like him but salary and age say no higher then a 4 why is he still there , umm easy answer TT wanted too much as they didn't truly want to get rid of him..
Henry is not the answer.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lets talk about free agents and the draft , who do you like . And how should we go about improving the run game.I wanted Henry from the Titans at the trade deadline.But we did nothing.Lets talk about it.
Go into the college ranks unless you can pluck the San fran OL coach, but he wouldn’t make a lateral move.

Go grab the OL coach from Michigan or Kyle flood from Texas.

Gambit

Reaction score
Either one would be an upgrade and provide a cap savings.
Truth
Though if we move on from either Solari or his reach blocking scheme I could see Bidasz being brought back on a value contract. He seemed to struggle a lot with the new blocking scheme and regressed because of it

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Yep I’d start Bass at G, move Tyler to LT and draft Zach Frazier to play C. Then I’d draft a stud back and hire a new OL coach and run game coordinator.
I agree could be a totaly different team with a strong running game.My first to picks in the draft would be OT C .Dallas could turn it around quickly ,with the right moves,and big fast power back.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Go into the college ranks unless you can pluck the San fran OL coach, but he wouldn’t make a lateral move.

Go grab the OL coach from Michigan or Kyle flood from Texas.
My concern is getting an outside coach to agree to join Mike McCarthy's staff when the head coach is on the final year of his contract.

And NFL teams can block all assistant coaches under contract from interviewing with other teams unless it's for the head coach position. Anything else is considered a lateral move, assistant coach titles no longer matter.

We should find out this week if McCarthy even intends to move on from OL coach Mike Solari.

Jeff Blasko is the Run Game Coordinator/Running Backs coach, he was assistant OL coach here in the prior McCarthy seasons.

Once this issue gets settled, then we identify what players are staying, going and who we'd like to add.

Drafting a bully center sits atop my list of wants at this point, but there will be much to do before late April arrives.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Zack martin is done. Tyron can’t stay healthy. We need to get younger and stronger on the OL.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
We need better schemes the OL is good enough to run the ball. We just dial up dumb plays and have running backs that aren't built for what they are trying to do.

starfan1

Reaction score
We don’t need a complete rebuild . Replace the center and LT and hope that the RT is more recovered from his injury if he isn’t bench him
Bass and Hoffman look good

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Zack martin is done. Tyron can’t stay healthy. We need to get younger and stronger on the OL.
Martin isn't going anywhere...cap number too big. We can get better at Center and potentially LT.

Tyron is a beast in pass blocking but his run blocking isn't nearly as good anymore.

This is a T heavy draft...if there is one there at 24....let's go there.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Best post of 2024!

James Cregg is the assistant OL coach in SF.
- i.e. It would be a promotion for him to take the Cowboys OL coach job.

The 49ers run scheme is the best in the league.
thing is he’s probably not going to want to come here unless he’s given some assurances he will be kept if MM is let go.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It’s fixing the run scheme, upgrading at center and the running back positions

krs1bro

Reaction score
The offense has 2 to 3 running plays that pretty much don't work and if they are successful it's by accident. Blocking scheme? Blocking scheme? Non existent. That's why they get the beat down from good teams with good coaches. Easy to defend and just do something a little different to confuse deer in the headlights Dak.....um game over There's the blueprint. We have seen this movie too many times to count for the past 8 years. Hey, we'll get um next year right. I think I will watch another team or watch paint dry if DC is the only game on. Imagine how the teammates feel.