How would you really feel about Lance if he had to start a game for us?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What would your feelings be if he had to start a game this season due to the starter being out for whatever reason? Has he shown enough that he can command this offense and help us win a game if needed?? Please give your thoughts

(Cue: This is another Lance thread 3,2,1)
That would depend on what kind of run game we could put out there. With last years run productivity, i wouldn't feel great about it. I think with a very good run game he could succeed with a game plan based on RPO's and lots of rollout designed plays. Wouldn't expect him to throw for 300 yards. I think he'll get better, but based on where he appears to be today, that would be my thinking.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What would your feelings be if he had to start a game this season due to the starter being out for whatever reason? Has he shown enough that he can command this offense and help us win a game if needed?? Please give your thoughts

I would feel bad that Dak and Rush were injured to the point of being unable to play and wonder who our backup is now.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think with a heavy rpo/playaction gameplan and good defense we could squeak out a win with Lance.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Blimey! As horrible as Lance would be, it would be a franchise re-shuffling and a step in the right direction. With Lance we go 5-12.
In 2025 we pick Carson Beck (Ga.) in 2025.
Already the lad weighs 220 lbs. and stands '6"4.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Why not?

He's played basically 2 whole games with nothing but back ups and has been the best QB on the field for both games.

Also, he's not reckless with the ball and doesn't turn it over.
Played with backups against backups!
Get back to me when he’s started some meaningful games.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'd expect a loss, no matter who we're playing. That doesn't mean I wouldn't risk it. I do wanna see how he manages against another team in a game that counts with both first squads on the pitch. Give him the chance.

Adreme

Reaction score
Start looking at your draft board and set your top 3, ‘cause you’re picking at the top of the 1st round if Lance is having to start at QB.
Unfortunately I think Giants and Washington are too bad to beat even with a low end backup at QB. That means you are probably not drafting top and more likely 8 or 9 which is unfortunate when you need the most important position.

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
Depends on the opponent and when during the schedule. If it's vs a sub par defense later in the season when Lance has had more time to learn I feel like he'd be good enough to win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he is an average QB, with accuracy issues. he will compensate for some of that with his running ability. absolute best case scenario (actually worst) if he plays to the best of his abilities would be about 7 to 8 wins. which would put us in the middle of first round. actual best case scenario would for us to win 3, or 4 games and have a top 5 pick.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why not?

He's played basically 2 whole games with nothing but back ups and has been the best QB on the field for both games.

Also, he's not reckless with the ball and doesn't turn it over.
so you go through garbage bin and find a half eaten chicken and can legit claim its the best food in there. being the best of bunch of garbage is still garbage.

he doesn't turn it over wooohooo, (dialing the city hall): "hey Lance has no turnovers...lets call in the parade".
but has 1 TD. (calling city hall again): "Hold the parade please, he only has 1 TD"