How would you really feel about Lance if he had to start a game for us?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He'd be fine.
I didn't know what to expect, but Lance has shown that he is the real deal. His instincts and moxy are showing up in his play, and those are things that can't be taught.
I think Lance can be the next great quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
I think Trey Lance is the missing piece we've been looking for.
ok, he is not the real deal and the one thing he absolutely, positively, without a doubt has not shown is having instincts and moxy. that's farthest from reality that it could be.

Lance does not have the ability to be the next great QB anywhere. he is at best, at best an average QB in NFL, and will be relegated to back up duty in years to come.

if you think he is the missing piece, then you have no clue, absolutely no clue about football.....and I am being very kind here.

sbark

Reaction score
Played with backups against backups!
Get back to me when he’s started some meaningful games.
He hit the corner fade Td vrs a 1st string CB, at least that’s what the announcers touted earlier in game. .....and Lance hit a maybe our #6 WR Flournoy

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would your feelings be if he had to start a game this season due to the starter being out for whatever reason? Has he shown enough that he can command this offense and help us win a game if needed?? Please give your thoughts

(Cue: This is another Lance thread 3,2,1)
:thumbup:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If lance starts a game I think the cowboys likely lose. If Dak gets hurt and the boys face a weak opponent you might see the players rally and win a game but average or better teams will beat a lance driven team like a drum.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If they devised a game plan to take advantage of his running ability then I'd feel fine about him starting a game. Running QBs are very effective in the short term before defenses adjust.
You mean the game plan that got him injured on a read option play in SF, where he rushed for 2 yards?

That game plan.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
With Lance starting I'd expect us to score 3,6,9 or 12 points. And Zeke would get his 36 yards @ 2.7 ypc. Let's GO!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What would your feelings be if he had to start a game this season due to the starter being out for whatever reason? Has he shown enough that he can command this offense and help us win a game if needed?? Please give your thoughts

(Cue: This is another Lance thread 3,2,1)
I'd make the gameday menu, extra spicy.

Jarntt

Reaction score

How would you really feel about Lance if he had to start a game for us?​

I wouldn't really care too much, because it would only happen in week 18 if we already clinched a playoff spot or were already eliminated

starfan1

Reaction score
The Raiders played their starters for a good portion of the game.

Somebody didn’t watch the game but still wants to speak on it…
Does not fit their narrative or agenda. They are in fear.
The TV only said it every two minutes. What do you want from him?

LOl you guys should be politicians. expand on the truth a bit? while the raiders did have starters in early the first impactful drive from Dallas I remember the announcers saying that there was only a couple left in the game so the impactful starters like Crosby were sitting by then.

That said if your a dallas fan you have to like what you saw from lance in general i know i did. I want to see more but Im encouraged. he looks so much better than last week.

shabazz

Reaction score
sure thing. keep saying that to justify his average play
It was average play. I don't count him to be anything more than average

But as to the question, did he play against the 1st team Raiders defense?

Some of yall get called out on hyperbole and mistruths and can't take it.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
I remember the announcers saying that there was only a couple left in the game so the impactful starters like Crosby were sitting by then.
If you actually WATCHED the game you would have seen Lance run right around Crosby for 7 yards.

I don't have a dog in this fight but outright lying to push an agenda is lame

starfan1

Reaction score
If you actually WATCHED the game you would have seen Lance run right around Crosby for 7 yards.

I don't have a dog in this fight but outright lying to push an agenda is lame
I know he played in the game i said on the TD drive not early on and I did watch the replay if you were talking to me

IrishAnto

Reaction score
He hit the corner fade Td vrs a 1st string CB, at least that’s what the announcers touted earlier in game. .....and Lance hit a maybe our #6 WR Flournoy
When he’s done that consistently then I’ll believe you.
Until then you’re clutching at straws.