How Would You Vote For Jimmy Johnson's Induction Into The Dallas Cowboys Ring Of Honor?

What would be your decision if you had the deciding vote instead of Jerry Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be honest, I get the indifference. The only thing athletes and teams tangibly give fans are memories, unless you give them a Coca-Cola. Then they might hand you their jersey in exchange, lol. (suck it Mean Joe Greene! :mad: )

I think that is what some are centering upon--how they feel. What I would actually hope for is an impassioned evaluation of a career because no one in or outside of the Ring of Honor are perfect people. Well. Roger Staubach is pretty darn close to that standard.

No one is perfect. These Ring of Honor and Halls of Fame and concrete slabs with legends' names on them, etc., are public recognitions of what they achieved during their careers in sports, film, Nobel Prize (FANCY!), Citizen of the Year, etc. There are too many different kinds of awards, plaques, statues, what have you, to name. Anything you can name are examples of recognition, which brings me back full circle to why I created the thread:

Does an individual, who was instrumental to leading a franchise to back-to-back Super Bowls victories, acknowledged by his professional peers as a great NFL head coach, deserve recognition in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor?

The question is not based on feelings or even indifference. Again. Jimmy Johnson is no angel. It is a question of whether the honor is deserved for what he accomplished as a head coach in the National Football League. The Pro Football Hall of Fame thinks so. Jerry Jones, and others, do not.
I think very, very few people are against it. I doubt even Jerry thinks he doesn't deserve it. I personally think he deserves it, I'm just not concerned enough to throw a conniption fit over it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think very, very few people are against it. I doubt even Jerry thinks he doesn't deserve it. I personally think he deserves it, I'm just not concerned enough to throw a conniption fit over it.
Bold> To paraphrase Dr. Banner in The Avengers: "I don't think we should be focusing on Jones. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him."

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This is kind of a ridiculous poll.

Next one should be...

"Do you like football?"
"Was Emmitte smith good??"
I have had to fight that fight for 20 years of internet. You get some that refuse to acknowledge the GOAT's numbers & accomplishments.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Also, to the people who just HAVE to make it known that they don't care - why are you even in this thread letting us all know that you "don't care"?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, to the people who just HAVE to make it known that they don't care - why are you even in this thread letting us all know that you "don't care"?
:muttley: It happens in every thread. Heck. I have been guilty of doing it myself. From time to time, that is. :grin:

JustChip

Reaction score
To be honest, I get the indifference. The only thing athletes and teams tangibly give fans are memories, unless you give them a Coca-Cola. Then they might hand you their jersey in exchange, lol. (suck it Mean Joe Greene! :mad: )

I think that is what some are centering upon--how they feel. What I would actually hope for is an impassioned evaluation of a career because no one in or outside of the Ring of Honor are perfect people. Well. Roger Staubach is pretty darn close to that standard.

No one is perfect. These Ring of Honor and Halls of Fame and concrete slabs with legends' names on them, etc., are public recognitions of what they achieved during their careers in sports, film, Nobel Prize (FANCY!), Citizen of the Year, etc. There are too many different kinds of awards, plaques, statues, what have you, to name. Anything you can name are examples of recognition, which brings me back full circle to why I created the thread:

Does an individual, who was instrumental to leading a franchise to back-to-back Super Bowls victories, acknowledged by his professional peers as a great NFL head coach, deserve recognition in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor?

The question is not based on feelings or even indifference. Again. Jimmy Johnson is no angel. It is a question of whether the honor is deserved for what he accomplished as a head coach in the National Football League. The Pro Football Hall of Fame thinks so. Jerry Jones, and others, do not.
I get it, too. I voted yes because he was responsible for 2.875 Super Bowls. I don’t believe Landry would have won any of those Super Bowls. But Jimmy would not have had the long-term success Landry did simply because he wouldn’t stay that long.

Frankly, the best case for Jimmy to be in the Ring of Honor is that Troy, Michael, Emmitt & Haley are in it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it, too. I voted yes because he was responsible for 2.875 Super Bowls. I don’t believe Landry would have won any of those Super Bowls. But Jimmy would not have had the long-term success Landry did simply because he wouldn’t stay that long.

Frankly, the best case for Jimmy to be in the Ring of Honor is that Troy, Michael, Emmitt & Haley are in it.
Bold> This is highly likely true until the time comes for a change in who is the decision maker for Ring enshrinement. And even then it would not surprise me if someone of Jones' mindset made his family promise to extend his wishes beyond him.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

And why the hell not?!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
There should be an option for "I couldn't care less."

I believe that is the clean version of not having anymore fricks to give.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
How the hell are there people who said no? Dude revolutionized the draft, drafted and brought in players to strengthen the team, then coached them to 2 super bowls….and his coaching carried over with some of the players which led them to a third SB……if he would have stayed he likely would have won in 94, possibly in 96 (with his drafting and coaching being a big factor). The players realize that as well. What he did with the team starting In 89 was freakin amazing, 100% deserves in the ring of honor.