How Would You Vote For Jimmy Johnson's Induction Into The Dallas Cowboys Ring Of Honor?

What would be your decision if you had the deciding vote instead of Jerry Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see 3 NAYS. I figure 2 of those are Jerry and Stephen... Just trying to determine who the 3rd one is....
All three are Dallas Cowboys fans. I think it is safe saying all three voted no because of how they feel about Johnson as a person. It is extremely likely others feel the same way and may choose to vote no before the poll closes.

I think a new mantra can be 'Jimmy Johnson sucks'. 'Jerry Jones sucks' has been stated in ad nauseam over the past three decades. It is only fair that Johnson should share in that disapproval.

Personal feelings aside though, Johnson deserves to be in the Ring for what he accomplished for the franchise. Other people, primarily players, deserve the same official Ring recognition for what they did for Dallas also.

Jones knows this distinction most of all. After all, Tex Schramm told him who should be enshrined in the Ring. Schramm teaching him what to do has been one of his favorite stories to tell whenever he is questioned about the Ring.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Haley is in for his short time being here with 3 SB's, then Jimmy belongs in for sure.
Haley went in the ROH in 2011.

mrmojo

Reaction score
If he doent deserve to be in then who does? He took one of the worst teams in NFL history and won a SB in 4 years, having to go through the toughest division and conference in football, with the youngest team in the NFL at the time......

You cant write Cowboy history without Jimmy Johnson.......to those who said know, get over it, his personality wasn;t for everyone but he got you guys SBs......and were still waiting almost 3 decades for another one, he should get in just for that.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Apparently, out of the legions of Cowboys' fans, only 112 want Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor. I'd say that qualifies as a surprising, but resounding rejection.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
All three are Dallas Cowboys fans. I think it is safe saying all three voted no because of how they feel about Johnson as a person. It is extremely likely others feel the same way and may choose to vote no before the poll closes.

I think a new mantra can be 'Jimmy Johnson sucks'. 'Jerry Jones sucks' has been stated in ad nauseam over the past three decades. It is only fair that Johnson should share in that disapproval.

Personal feelings aside though, Johnson deserves to be in the Ring for what he accomplished for the franchise. Other people, primarily players, deserve the same official Ring recognition for what they did for Dallas also.

Jones knows this distinction most of all. After all, Tex Schramm told him who should be enshrined in the Ring. Schramm teaching him what to do has been one of his favorite stories to tell whenever he is questioned about the Ring.
I know. As I just replied to Jazzcat, I was just being facetious... LOL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Where is that located? Is Johnson's name scribbled on a bathroom stall door somewhere? Laughing my butt off.

:facepalm:
I said Jerry, not Jimmy. Pay attention. The person I responded to send jerry name will be there before Jimmy. I said it already is somewhere lol.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Individuals more and less prominent than Jimmy Johnson have refused public recognition. A few have been so vehemently opposed to being recognized that they have told those

giving an award to stick it where the sun does not shine. They received the recognition regardless.

Heck. Tom Landry declined a Ring of Honor induction once for a totally different reason. He eventually accepted the recognition but that is beside the point. Again. It is irrelevant

whether the recipient wants the recognition. It is totally important whether the recipient deserves the recognition.
You were just so far off base, you need to pay attention to what people write, not what you think they write

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were just so far off base, you need to pay attention to what people write, not what you think they write
I will keep that in mind.

Did you appreciate the double spacing at least? That was done intentionally for your benefit.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will keep that in mind.

Did you appreciate the double spacing at least? That was done intentionally for your benefit.
I am a very easy, laid back fan , Since the 60s. in the military overseas, all you could watch on Sundays was the Cowboys. How can I not love Roger the star what it all represented. And now I rely on speaker and text, because of nerve damage neuropathy from the military. Most people know that I have problems typing and my words get garbled sometimes so I appreciate the understanding of that also. Everything’s good cowboy brother.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am a very easy, laid back fan , Since the 60s. in the military overseas, all you could watch on Sundays was the Cowboys. How can I not love Roger the star what it all represented. And now I rely on speaker and text, because of nerve damage neuropathy from the military. Most people know that I have problems typing and my words get garbled sometimes so I appreciate the understanding of that also. Everything’s good cowboy brother.
Thank you for your Service !
:thumbup: