How's RB Dalvin Cook sound for the playoff run?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
IIRC he's a hard runner so, hell yeah! Doesn't everybody have to clear waivers at this point though?
He's a lot of things but a hard runner is not one of them. He's a scatback who is prone to injury and fumbles quite a bit. Basically he's an older version of what we already have.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This would be a very good signing at this juncture...add him and some ol and LB help, try and get through Washington mostly healthy and then let's go
Just read today's ESPN article on Cooks.
He is subject to the waiver wire.
Are we ahead of the phins on the waiver wire?
We both have the same records.
He appears to be available cheap as he reworked his contract to get released.
No guarenteed money.
So if we claim him, we just pay for one game.
Seems like a nobrainer to me.

GINeric

Reaction score
Having Dalvin would be nice.... but you could put McCaffrey behind this O-line and we're still 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Fix the offensive line and/or blocking scheme and we can talk. The offensive line is the problem.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Just read today's ESPN article on Cooks.
He is subject to the waiver wire.
Are we ahead of the phins on the waiver wire?
We both have the same records.
He appears to be available cheap as he reworked his contract to get released.
No guarenteed money.
So if we claim him, we just pay for one game.
Seems like a nobrainer to me.
We are currently #30 on the waiver wire. The only teams behind us are 49ers #31 and Ravens #32.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hard to know what he has left playing for that garbage team.

doomsday808

Reaction score
That would be a good move. BUT, not the Cowboys style to add a an important piece to this team this late in the season. Same old, "We like our guys", "We have the team to win the SB" etc... I see him going to an AFC contender. Ravens or Chiefs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've thought it was odd all season that Cook wasn't more involved in the offense. Absolutely Breece Hall needed to be the main RB, but why sign a guy with Cook's credentials and not use him?

joseephuss

Reaction score
He's a lot of things but a hard runner is not one of them. He's a scatback who is prone to injury and fumbles quite a bit. Basically he's an older version of what we already have.
One fumble every 75 touches is not bad. He has only one season with 5 fumbles and has 21 total fumbles. He has not looked good at all this season.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yes, I would. Pollard needs to go back to support role where he exceeds at. And yes, definitely Rico fits in there as well, but we really need the tough runner right now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
u could get a better rb off any practice squad

dalvin cook stinks
is he better than Deuce? Davis? Dowdle? he has only had 67 rushes for about a 3.8. jets suck in rushing, not sure if its their OL, if its cook, if its both, if its injuries. but he did have some good years in past few years.

quickccc

Reaction score
He is going to Miami
Fins' HC McDaniels is of that Shanahan tree of RBs, they prefer speed, splash backs in their slant, cutback run scheme.

If he's headed to Miami, that would make me wonder about the health of RB Mostert.