I’d trade for Stafford in a heart beat

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Football Team needs a young stud that is cheap so they can pay that defense in the future. Stafford could get them to the divisional round but then he will get exposed. They need to find away to get Wilson, Fields, and Lance. It sounds crazy but after a some trades there is a possibility 4 of the top 5 picks is a quarterback.

That's just it, picking 19 means all the top QBs will be gone. Not to mention, I'm sure Rivera wanna fool with a rookie. I think he feels his team is ready now. Also that fact they just Mayhew, who drafted Stafford, doesn't hurt at all. I can see them offering 19, their 3rd, and maybe 2022 pick. Of course, I could be wrong, so we'll see.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Caldwell won a SUPERBOWL with Joe flacco. He’s a great coach....

since he left Joe never made the playoffs. Stratford had his chances

That was a team carried by Ray Lewis and the defense but Flacco played great that postseason as well. There are many. teams over the years who have won with dominating defense. The Tampa team in 2003........the Bronco team that featured Peyton Manning's noodle arm......it happens.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I too want a loser QB who has never accomplished anything.

Y'all dorks clown Dak but then prop up this stat padding loser.

You are literally "clowning" Stafford for being a loser, while defending Dak who hasn't won anything either. I know you fanboys hate looking at the stats that actually matter, but Dak is 9-11 in his last 20 starts. That doesn't scream winner.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I've always liked Stafford, but this isnt 2011 Stafford. He's not an upgrade from Dak at this point.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That's just it, picking 19 means all the top QBs will be gone. Not to mention, I'm sure Rivera wanna fool with a rookie. I think he feels his team is ready now. Also that fact they just Mayhew, who drafted Stafford, doesn't hurt at all. I can see them offering 19, their 3rd, and maybe 2022 pick. Of course, I could be wrong, so we'll see.
You could be right. I actually hope you are. I am not threatened by Stafford at all. He is a career loser. I don’t think that will change. Hopefully the Football Team trades their 19th pick for him.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
:facepalm: How did I know this thread was going to be here?

The same geniuses that told us that Dalton was better Dak are here this year to tell us that Stafford is better than Dak...It is almost like these people should be ignored.

If Phillip Rivers did not retire, they would be telling us how much an upgrade he is over Dak.

irving

Reaction score
Staffo
Based on what? Over the past 5 years Dak has a better completion percentage 66.0 vs 65.2, better YPA 7.7 vs 7.5, better Int/att 1.7 vs 1.8 better TD:INT ratio 2.65 vs 2.58, better QB rating 97.3 vs 96.0 with Dak playing 3 less games. Dak outperforms Stafford in nearly every stat with Stafford having 7 more years to hone his craft. If you compare Stafford's first 69 game the gap is even bigger.

Some people just throw stuff out there with nothing to back it up....oh, except I forgot about the scientifically and statistically accurate eye test. :rolleyes:
Makes you realize why some people call Cowboy fans dumb.

cavemanct

Reaction score
Are people serious here? Stafford is nowhere near dak in talent level. I would want stafford over dalton for gods sake

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You are literally "clowning" Stafford for being a loser, while defending Dak who hasn't won anything either. I know you fanboys hate looking at the stats that actually matter, but Dak is 9-11 in his last 20 starts. That doesn't scream winner.
oh crap, you're going to hurt his feelings. let him keep crushing on dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That would be the smart and forward thinking thing to do . Get a very affordable accurate texas kid into the team , draft a 2-4 round upcoming talent to groom . Use the savings to fix the D answer OL . Stanford is very accurate , way more than Dak .
what is forward thinking about that? trade a pick to get a 33 year old washed up now injury prone QB...remember Romo in his last couple of years and his back problems. Plus, he is interception machine, with a dismal playoff record and a horrible record against teams with winning record (7-52).....and who is the upcoming talent? can you gaurantee he is going to turn out good? more than 90% of QBs drafted in round 2-7 fail to become starting QBs. 4 out 5 first round QBs fail to raise above average. Should we not draft one then (yes we did find Dak in the 4th), but its a big gamble when you already have a top 10 QB on your team..

I wouldn't give up any picks, not even a 7th rounder for stafford. we need all the picks and more to draft defense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Joey Galloway trade blew up because we lost Troy Aikman. We were left with nothing at QB. Stafford may or may not be released out right we’ll just have to see. I certainly wouldn’t trade a premium pick for a 12 year QB that hasn’t won anything.
yeah, but still it was a bad trade. you don't give up two first round picks for anyone but a QB and we already had Ismail, a down field threat on the team. Jerry is on record saying that we would be hard to stop with two speedsters and that tells you he was playing fantasy football in his head....that's not how you put a team together...and Jerry is a gambler, he wanted another superbowl and he was willing to bet on long odds and gamble away and then he got worse as things got worse