I actually have a beef with Parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He has to pull back on some passing plays as a linebacker. That is because it gives different pictures for a variety of coverages, and yes, it does involve Parsons. Don't continuously attempt to change my posts that I quote directly. Your games...
It doesn't say that either. And the only game here is your where you go all over the place. You did say he was going to be an off ball LB first.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It doesn't say that either. And the only game here is your where you go all over the place. You did say he was going to be an off ball LB first.
He is called to do that as part of the scheme utilized by Dallas, and NO, I didn't say or imply that was his first response. That depends on directions by the DC. Ger YOUR facts straight. I CALLED him a linebacker FIRST!!!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
...and I could see Kearse around another two years as well.
Investments like that are forth coming, several key contracts in place if handled appropriately.
We need the cap to retain and extend key contributors like Digs, Lamb and looming MP.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
maybe but reminds me more of Willson but either way would be great of he lives up to either comp.
This defense is becoming very illusive when we can leave a nickle package in place and still play vs run.
That is the mark of a "flex" def,, those that make fun of the term do not understand the advantage it gives you.
This Q scheme has its pieces in place, players like Muk are going to be active, and we have a deeper core than most believe in, Wright is also going to be in play just watch this man playing in a big nickel, that is what it will be called, and Q has already defined the term.
This defense is a very scary defense because of the fact that nobody knows what to expect when we line up across from your offense... lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
Investments like that are forth coming, several key contracts in place if handled appropriately.
We need the cap to retain and extend key contributors like Digs, Lamb and looming MP.
You having a problem reading my posts and are they weird to you over our many years?

CCBoy

Reaction score
1 Prescott
2 Lamb
3 Diggs
4 Steele
5 Pollard

Parsons before 2024 season starts!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Parsons would and should be our number one retainability objective.
He is becoming the head for the current defense! Do you want a Lombardi before or after his signing?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He is becoming the head for the current defense!
He is already established as the leader on this D, big boys like Mazi will be his body guards, and side kicks like Sam Williams are just waiting to help out.
Anyone not realizing how good this defense is going to be this season is on some serious narcotics and passed out.
This Defense is just now evolving to a level that scares OCs league wide.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He is already established as the leader on this D, big boys like Mazi will be his body guards, and side kicks like Sam Williams are just waiting to help out.
Anyone not realizing how good this defense is going to be this season is on some serious narcotics and passed out.
He can still get better as the leader...:) :starspin:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He is called to do that as part of the scheme utilized by Dallas, and NO, I didn't say or imply that was his first response. That depends on directions by the DC. Ger YOUR facts straight. I CALLED him a linebacker FIRST!!!!
Skip did not say that. Your hypervigilance isn't going to change that. You said that link supported some claim. It did not.

He played DE 90+% of his snaps. You started off comparing him to a bunch of off ball LB.

Dissembling into characterizations doesn't change the OP.

CCBoy

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas - Always think Micah Parsons is an old soul, and for proof let's go back 40 or 50 years ago to this iconic EF Hutton commercial declaring:
"When EF Hutton talks, people listen." Well, when Micah Parsons talks – as he did back on June 1 of this year for seemingly a good 15 minutes or so, and it seemed longer than that – we all listen.
We smile. We arch our eyebrows.

Then we mutter to ourselves something like, "This guy is sumpin' else." Take this one that came out of the blue when talking about his expectations for the Cowboys defense this upcoming season, and his third-year expectations.
"It's going to be a really cool year. I'm going to play like eight positions," Parsons says, and while anticipating what was coming next, interjects, "Don't even ask me."

"Just stay tuned, man," Parsons says. "I think I've got anything in that front seven and in coverage I'm playing. I'm telling you, I'm going to do it all.
"This is going to be a year to remember, for sure."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-when-micah-talks-we-all-should-listen

CCBoy

Reaction score
Now, when he fills the role of a defensive tackle...does that instead make him a defensive tackle as well? C'mon...quit playing with words.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Skip did not say that. Your hypervigilance isn't going to change that. You said that link supported some claim. It did not.

He played DE 90+% of his snaps. You started off comparing him to a bunch of off ball LB.

Dissembling into characterizations doesn't change the OP.
Go back and hide in your own name calling make believe...stay there.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm calling for him to arrive to where Charles Haley already was and is still there to teach him FURTHER...wake up to what I am pointing towards and not just hero worship.

Parsons is STILL in a growth stage, which has been pointed at this entire OP!

Cowboys pass-rushers ready to reap the rewards of the 'Parsons Effect'​

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2023/07/02/micah-parsons-effect/

Since entering the league in 2021, few players have made the impact Micah Parsons has for the Dallas Cowboys. His 26.5 career sacks, 33 tackles for loss and 88 pressures are just the tip of the iceberg. His 20.4 pressure percentage is the highest in the NFL, making him arguably the most impactful pass-rusher in the NFL today. Parsons strikes fear in the hearts of opponents when he’s rushing the passer. Teams are mindful of his whereabouts because they know he can shift the balance of the game on any given play. They dedicate extra resources in their attempts to neutralize the 24-year-old superstar.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. Parsons had nine games in 2023 where he failed to log a single sack. Even the best pass-rusher on the planet can be stopped if teams devote enough resources to the task. But impact players make a difference even when they’re not filling up the stat sheet. Their gravity pulls attention into their direction, opening up opportunities for teammates around them.

Starting opposite Parsons promises to offer many one-on-one situations. The “Parsons Effect” has multiple beneficiaries because the All-Pro constantly demands double and even triple teams. Even when he’s not pilling up sack numbers he’s making a tremendous impact. Look no further than Parsons’ worst statistical games. Parsons failed to log a sack or tackle for loss in five regular season games last season. Dallas won all five games. His impact extends beyond the stat sheet because he opens things up for those around him.

It’s the “Parsons Effect.”

Now, my OP and additional posts was directed at growth.

No, he is not yet a Charles Haley, yet.

Does he need further growth, yes.

How long has he even been in the league? He entered the league in 2021.

Has he or his teammates completed their combined progression yet? No

His 'effects' are in growth. As is the team interactions off of his growth.

Does he STILL need growth, both in physical skills, recognition, AND leadership? YOU BET HE DOES!

At least understand the full process. He is very talented and has a great contribution but he isn't yet a Charles Haley, of on the levels, yet, of the true greats that played the position similar to Parsons. Call him an 'End', defensive end, or linebacker...he's not yet a Haley, Singletary, Carsons, Lawrence Taylor...yet.
He still needs his own growth and team fitting place...and we all will see how much more he grows.

I pointed out the additional features that he does not yet have...and that part is always gained in a baptism under fire.

At least if this thread was followed on facts and actual reasons presented, one would at least know what has to be further judged. Both Parsons and the Cowboys team in growth.

That is how a Championship team is made.

Not in a hero worshipping without first doing it the still old fashioned way...by Earning it first.

The team itself made emphasis that he is a linebacker!

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Parsons would and should be our number one retainability objective.
On down the road...a lot of very important players on the list and what was presented was a logical and over time signing all very important players. The team now and in the future are still most important in values.

Status
Not open for further replies.