I actually have a beef with Parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Exactly. Erik owned Reggie before the motorcycle accident.
On October 24, 1994, Williams was involved in a serious one-car accident which caused him to miss the remainder of the season. Williams suffered a damaged right knee as well as a broken rib, torn ligaments in his left thumb and facial lacerations that required plastic surgery. A magnetic scan on the knee indicated two torn ligaments—the medial collateral and posterior cruciate—and a torn muscle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Williams

CCBoy

Reaction score
Some posters need to go zero dark 30 before training camp. OP just take a break from football and enjoy your family until the end of July.
First get a clue or understand realities of being a NFL linebacker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
All those LB's did not beat their guy every play. They got stuffed and shut down at times also.

Reggie White never had any success against Erik Williams.
Sir, that is simply called football...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't agree, friend. Dude beats the guy(s) across from him at a rate few can match. He isn't in the same class as LT or Ray Lewis yet, but he's the only guy in the league right now who has a chance to be.
As a linebacker, his other skills needed are NOT ignored or excused. He is a very talented man and at least good as was Demarcus Ware...but he is still a linebacker that also bound to be the best that he can be. That or move him to defensive end. So that he can be the best that he can be at that position. Two different positional requirements involved.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Honestly I don't see Parsons getting blocked very much. Maybe I am watching different games.

"Parsons’ 90 total pressures were tied for the most in the league, and his 19.27% pressure rate was the highest at the position among those who played at least 50% of their team’s pass-rush snaps. "

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2022-edge-defender-rankings#:~:text=1.,-rush win rate (min.
He may make more short yardage stops with two trash cans full of dirt in front of him now...and remain a linebacker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Brother, if those cats you mentioned played in today's era they would be the same way as the players of today. Being an alpha male in 2023 is not acceptable. Too much masculinity for the beta's that run everything. Masculinity is considered toxic now.

For the record I think he's fine. He has some dawg in him but he's also a likable guy. He's what you want in today's era.
No, they would be the same as that IS top of the line NFL linebackers getting it done....Oh, I agree with your feelings for Parsons. I like him as well, but at least don't redefine and keep the kid from truly developing to be all that he can be. He needs to climb Agony and Misery during his basic training!

CCBoy

Reaction score

CCBoy

Reaction score
You don’t “have a beef” with Dak but you “have a beef” with Parsons?

:facepalm:
Hey, be naive...only one with insight...I want Parsons to be all he can be and not just another pretty good Cowboy. Compare him to the greatest at the position, and let's see. He is coming up short some as to linebacker. Want a defensive end...well, move him there! :popcorn:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He's too much new school and too much of a 'sweet' player to take full control of the Cowboys defense.

Old School linebackers: Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Willie Lanier, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis...they are not specialized besides effectively being immediately aggressive. They were in the play before they were blocked. Parsons gets blocked a lot, and isn't nearly as dominating as old school linebacker was for their team. That was five players who met every inch of the requirement. He better commit more within himself and less into talking about it. Do it!
I watched all those guys you mentioned get blocked a lot. I remember in particular everyone's favorite old school tough guy crying to anyone who would listen for the Ravens to get DT help cause he couldn't handle OL blocks.

Regardless, he doesn't play like those guys. The closest is LT and LT was more of a club and rip guy.

From that era the player most like Parsons was Derrick Thomas who was awesome in that era.

You really need to stop the cycle of history and demonizing the young and the new. There was a time when it was "don't trust anyone over 40" back in the 60s and 70s because of this same dynamic.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love how he elevates the defense. That’s all I have to say.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey, be naive...only one with insight...I want Parsons to be all he can be and not just another pretty good Cowboy. Compare him to the greatest at the position, and let's see. He is coming up short some as to linebacker. Want a defensive end...well, move him there! :popcorn:
I understand your point about old school matching up with new school. With his new school opponent on the opposite side of him right now so it’s a wash.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Parsons will probably be another HOF caliber talent like Ware, Witten and Martin wasted under our dysfunctional leadership.
You want him to be all that he can be in the NFL way? He's not there yet as to personal development. Every person on site is able to see special skills in this player.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I watched all those guys you mentioned get blocked a lot. I remember in particular everyone's favorite old school tough guy crying to anyone who would listen for the Ravens to get DT help cause he couldn't handle OL blocks.

Regardless, he doesn't play like those guys. The closest is LT and LT was more of a club and rip guy.

From that era the player most like Parsons was Derrick Thomas who was awesome in that era.

You really need to stop the cycle of history and demonizing the young and the new. There was a time when it was "don't trust anyone over 40" back in the 60s and 70s because of this same dynamic.
No, the term was right on and not straight ahead...Mr. Warlock, self-appointed, but wrong.

Knock here down again, pa, knock her down again...that's a hillbilly song.

About as realistic as ignoring the reason for the post and sitting with an easier appraisal.

NO SIR!

One develops a player by enhancing his building blocks to be all that HE can be, not another fan's enfatuation with his 'hero.'

That group of linebackers, in the OP, became that way by experiencing the real agony and misery to have the guts to stick it out.

To say one saw film where they failed..and I'm not your whipping boy so that you can tote on that star image, this is football and all are affected by different aspects during games. failures

He can still take another step and into real team building...Sir, THAT reference in the above post is a cop out. And a ring tapping excercise.

I'll stand on my grounds of positional need as long as he is a linebacker, to emulate those top of the line at their LINEBACKER skills as long as he is still a linebacker. Or label him a 'special skills' Defensive End!!

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's too much new school and too much of a 'sweet' player to take full control of the Cowboys defense.

Old School linebackers: Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Willie Lanier, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis...they are not specialized besides effectively being immediately aggressive. They were in the play before they were blocked. Parsons gets blocked a lot, and isn't nearly as dominating as old school linebacker was for their team. That was five players who met every inch of the requirement. He better commit more within himself and less into talking about it. Do it!
Lol. This is why our fans are labeled as entitled, and the worst fans in football. Imagine hating on the best defensive player this team has had in years because he doesn’t win every matchup.

If you asked the GM of 31 other teams in the nfl. They would take parsons in a blink, you ask any fan, they would trade just about anything for Micah.

You need to seek help.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, the term was right on and not straight ahead...Mr. Warlock, self-appointed, but wrong.

Knock here down again, pa, knock her down again...that's a hillbilly song.

About as realistic as ignoring the reason for the post and sitting with an easier appraisal.

NO SIR!

One develops a player by enhancing his building blocks to be all that HE can be, not another fan's enfatuation with his 'hero.'

That group of linebackers, in the OP, became that way by experiencing the real agony and misery to have the guts to stick it out.

To say one saw film where they failed..and I'm not your whipping boy so that you can tote on that star image, this is football and all are affected by different aspects during games. failures

He can still take another step and into real team building...Sir, THAT reference in the above post is a cop out. And a ring tapping excercise.

I'll stand on my grounds of positional need as long as he is a linebacker, to emulate those top of the line at their LINEBACKER skills as long as he is still a linebacker. Or label him a 'special skills' Defensive End!!
It's nostalgia, holmes. I saw LT surrender an edge just as I saw Lewis get blown up on blocks and cry about it.

Teams do not want those thumper types anymore. Given the ruleset now, coverage and pass rush is much more important. It's why we only play 2 LB and Parsons lines up at end most of the time.

Do you disagree that his game is like Thomas' or that Thomas was dominant in that era?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lol. This is why our fans are labeled as entitled, and the worst fans in football. Imagine hating on the best defensive player this team has had in years because he doesn’t win every matchup.

If you asked the GM of 31 other teams in the nfl. They would take parsons in a blink, you ask any fan, they would trade just about anything for Micah.

You need to seek help.
No, you need to get realistic. No body is going to talk down about a very young Pro Bowler. You looking for a medal or a chest to pin it on.

The reason for the OP was to point out that much more sacrifice and pain to reach the levels of that group of Hall of Fame LINEBACKERS.

Take that ring tapping point of reference and sit your butt down...

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's nostalgia, holmes. I saw LT surrender an edge just as I saw Lewis get blown up on blocks and cry about it.

Teams do not want those thumper types anymore. Given the ruleset now, coverage and pass rush is much more important. It's why we only play 2 LB and Parsons lines up at end most of the time.

Do you disagree that his game is like Thomas' or that Thomas was dominant in that era?
Abstract special cases are nothing but special cases. His paid for experience NOW, is still how he should have to improve with. No waving of pom pom's eliminates that very element. That was proven by that whole group of Hall of Famers and not a couple film reviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.