I am boycotting NFL for three games this season

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I do think the NFL has a problem in the future with decreasing popularity. Less kids are playing football in youth leagues, middle school and high school. The safety issue will have an increasing impact in the future if the trend continues with less kids playing football.
Exactly ...... there are many factors leading to people walking away

Soccer and Lacrosse are making huge inroads with youth sports

Football will always be King but its slice of pie is getting smaller just when they wanted it to get bigger and bigger

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am boycotting NFL for three games this season. I let the NFL office know as well and I encourage others to do the same...let your $s speak. Zeke gets a 6 game suspension, in a case that was thrown out of court, police closed the case, she retracted her story and NFLs own investigator said, they shouldnt' suspend.

then Winston does the same, lies, then admits to it, and gets a 3 game suspension, although NFLs own POLICY says, minimum 6 games.

what gives? of course we know that was Goodell getting even with Jerry for challenging him.....

so for three weekends, they don't get me to watch their commercials...

so NFL will probably say, ***.... so I wrote their advertisers as well. Budweiser, etc.

will it amount to anything? maybe, maybe not...but NFL depends on me the fan, and when me the fan is unhappy, NFL will know....they are not the king of the hill, they exists, because I exist.
Good luck with that.

kskboys

Reaction score
But they've gotten into disciplining players without proof.

Accusation seems like it's good enough.
We don't know that. We have no idea exactly what was exposed in EZ's case.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People's focus is on facts. That is understandable. We are indoctrinated in the belief that anyone is innocent until proven guilty.

The problem is the people think their guiding principle should always be held the same by the league's owners. It is not. The league's guiding philosophy is that no player can smear its image for any reason.

Evidence? The league weighs what it considers evidence that infringes on its perception. Whether actual evidence presented to it holds an ounce of water is irrelevant in its eyes.

Well the evidence they weigh that infringes on their perception has hurt their perception by the general public.

I don't know if their endorsers are enjoying all of the negative publicity and how they validate labels placed on players by their accusers but the general public isn't applauding.

I do not like Jameis Winston, I think he probably did what he was accused of, but I want him to actually be proven guilty of something before he is punished on accusation.

kskboys

Reaction score
People's focus is on facts. That is understandable. We are indoctrinated in the belief that anyone is innocent until proven guilty.

The problem is people think their guiding principle should always be held the same by the league's owners. It is not. The league's guiding philosophy is that no player can smear its image for any reason.

Evidence? The league weighs what it considers evidence that infringes on its perception. Whether actual evidence presented to it holds an ounce of water is irrelevant in its eyes.
And EZ's actions were definitely counterproductive to the league's image.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think you're giving up much. Other games that do not feature the Cowboys are dull and boring. The officiating is horrible. The pre/post/during game commentary is horrible. Seriously, how does Rob Riggle still have a job with fox? Commercials are boring too frequent. All in all, the NFL isn't what it used to be and within 5 years, I doubt I'll be watching at all.
I’ve shared this before, but I have three sons in their 30s that grew up watching the Cowboys with their dad. Today, none of them care a lick about the Cowboys or the NFL. My 32 year old son is a high school basketball coach. He considers the way the Cowboys are run and coached to be “a joke”. All 3 of my boys love sports. College FB, NBA, NHL, MLB...just not the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well according to the NFL's own investigator there wasn't much and the accuser had no credibility.
Once again, we don't know. However, it was clear that EZ needed to clean up his act. I also thought 6 games was a little much, but at the same time I'm hoping it helps him clean up his act.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again, we don't know. However, it was clear that EZ needed to clean up his act. I also thought 6 games was a little much, but at the same time I'm hoping it helps him clean up his act.
I too thought the 6 games was heavy, but in the end, if Zeke stops acting like a high school sophomore and starts acting like a grown man, then maybe he and the team can benefit.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve shared this before, but I have three sons in their 30s that grew up watching the Cowboys with their dad. Today, none of them care a lick about the Cowboys or the NFL. My 32 year old son is a high school basketball coach. He considers the way the Cowboys are run and coached to be “a joke”. All 3 of my boys love sports. College FB, NBA, NHL, MLB...just not the NFL.
Very few kids I talk to are Cowboys fans any more. Jerry is lucky he owns the team he owns. His sad attempt to be a GM would've driven fans off in droves for any other team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well the evidence they weigh that infringes on their perception has hurt their perception by the general public.

I don't know if their endorsers are enjoying all of the negative publicity and how they validate labels placed on players by their accusers but the general public isn't applauding.

I do not like Jameis Winston, I think he probably did what he was accused of, but I want him to actually be proven guilty of something before he is punished on accusation.
The league's preference for disciplining players via its own philosophy may lead to its own downfall ultimately. The league owners as a whole are willing to take that risk. Again, it is not a subject the owners have not wrapped their heads around. They have. It is a subject some elements of their consumer base have not accepted. Of course, that is any individual's right but the difference in opinion does not affect the owners whatsoever. Currently.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
There was a point in my life where a Cowboy loss would ruin my day, but even then I understood it couldn't be a priority over more critical aspects of my life.
I was at that point once too, I finally realized its just a game that some people get paid to play and they don’t give on ratts tail about me.
No matter which game preseason, regular season or playoffs I get over it by the time I finish my drink.
It just not worth it

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very few kids I talk to are Cowboys fans any more. Jerry is lucky he owns the team he owns. His sad attempt to be a GM would've driven fans off in droves for any other team.
Absolute truth.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And EZ's actions were definitely counterproductive to the league's image.
Elliott's real or perceived actions that is. I think the owners do not differentiate between the two. Or care.

EDIT: I should be more specific saying the owners as a whole do not differentiate or care between the two. They individually get pissed off when it impacts whatever league action crosses their line.

Sydla

Reaction score
So, a single policy is, in fact, two separate policies (i.e. DV and regular) because the single policy has subsections embedded within its text?

Got it. Thanks. :rolleyes:

I guess I don't follow.

My first post said Elliott got suspended because his case was a DV case and the policy stated 6 games, whereas Winston's case weren't a DV situation.

But it appears that sexual assault should have carried 6 games too. I never knew that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I don't follow.

My first post said Elliott got suspended because his case was a DV case and the policy stated 6 games, whereas Winston's case didn't fall under the DV policy, hence a different punishment.

From there, you went on about the policy. So I am confused as to what your point was.
I am sure. I am also done. Thanks.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I tried my best to make my kids Cowboys fans. Took them to training camp when it was here in San Antonio. Took pictures of them with the 5 trophies. Bought jerseys and hats for them to wear for the game. Took them to game watching bbqs, but it just didn't stick. They can't stand the game or the team and have absolutely no desire to watch football in any way, shape, or form.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes sir. Off the grid. Each time the tax man locates me, the guy mysteriously is never heard from again.

I wonder when God-ell is coming to visit? :laugh:

You know I am kidding right?
Darn-it,,,you had me groovin' to yer' style there, in the beginning, tooo_O

Swanny

Reaction score
I am boycotting NFL for three games this season. I let the NFL office know as well and I encourage others to do the same...let your $s speak. Zeke gets a 6 game suspension, in a case that was thrown out of court, police closed the case, she retracted her story and NFLs own investigator said, they shouldnt' suspend.

then Winston does the same, lies, then admits to it, and gets a 3 game suspension, although NFLs own POLICY says, minimum 6 games.

what gives? of course we know that was Goodell getting even with Jerry for challenging him.....

so for three weekends, they don't get me to watch their commercials...

so NFL will probably say, ***.... so I wrote their advertisers as well. Budweiser, etc.

will it amount to anything? maybe, maybe not...but NFL depends on me the fan, and when me the fan is unhappy, NFL will know....they are not the king of the hill, they exists, because I exist.
I boycotted all season last year. And because of that boycott I now realize how much time I was wasting on the NFL. Sundays are so much better without this crap product being the center most important part of my Sunday. I watch my Cowboys on TV if they happen to be on in Wisconsin if not I watch it illegally on the internet. I did not watch a single game that wasn't a Cowboys game. Cancelled my Sunday ticket. And I never expected to actually have fallen in love with that decision. The NFL has lost me, a super insane watching football loving nut. The product is pure crap. Even if it gets better the NFL has lost me. I have found better things to do with my Sundays than sitting in front of a TV all day.