I am still in awe

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh, and FYI -- you know all those movies you watch, the ones with all the actors who are pretending to be someone they're not? You know why they do that? To entertain. But hey, guess they're all phonies too, huh?

That's a real poor analogy because this a fan forum designed to discuss Cowboys football. When you're posting on a message board your views can be devalued due to ones inability to spell and use proper grammar. If you can't spell or use proper grammar on a discussion board it's going to greatly impact the view many have of your intelligence. The only place poor grammar is going to go over well is at a comedy club where people are looking for silliness and laughs. This shtick might go over better for Gimme in the OT section where he can expand on a variety of amusing topics.

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Did they go by the name Bowmanbody/The Prophet? We had an idiot on the old FWST board who's elevator was so jammed between floors he thought he could create 2 usernames and fool everyone by cheering for a CFL QB no one had ever heard of. He started on the board as Bowmanbody and began touting CFL QB Ricky Ray as the best QB in professional football. Day after day week after week all we heard about was Ricky Ray, Ricky Ray, Ricky Ray. His Ricky Ray threads that cluttered the board became so annoying it ran some fans off.

The board was unmoderated so there wasn't anyway to stop this fool. The constant attacks by fed up fans wouldn't stop him so then he decided to add a partner in crime to his arsenal called The Prophet to help defend him. It took no more than a day for everyone on the board to figure out they were one in same. Naturally he denied it claiming it was merely a coincidence they were both Rick Ray fans. lol

Prophet sounds familiar but honestly it was so long ago that prophet could sound familiar from this board?

In all seriousness ... Reality and the mods on this board run a tight family friendly forum.
If you are purposely misspelling and posting this "stuff" on purpose it should have same penalties I have been given for using bad words / circumventing the filter etc.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Prophet sounds familiar but honestly it was so long ago that prophet could sound familiar from this board?

In all seriousness ... Reality and the mods on this board run a tight family friendly forum.
If you are purposely misspelling and posting this "stuff" on purpose it should have same penalties I have been given for using bad words / circumventing the filter etc.

From what I understand he posted on several boards performing the same act.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you mentioned a elevator. i half a joke.
my uncle passed gas on the elevator going up to the 56th floor. It was wrong on so manys levels. hee-hee. LOL

My uncle use to take a bubble bath by having cabbage and beans for dinner.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Using bad words shouldn't be tolerated there's kids here and cursing can offend people but the mods aren't going to penalize someone for bad spelling or using improper grammar even if it's intentional.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

someone here is not off good cheer (and i am not mentoning names) and got up on the wrong side of the beds.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Using bad words shouldn't be tolerated there's kids here and cursing can offend people but the mods aren't going to penalize someone for bad spelling or using improper grammar even if it's intentional.

Goofy Zone

Or

Attention Zone.. Look at me zone

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
I think him gets a beeg fat karate kick out of cornfusing peepuls on dis massage board with his conetree wit and observashuns. I always got a good laugh from the trollings of LeeOtisBrown or PIttmanfor2, but I've never been able to find anything funny in GTB's musings. I don't have a problem with him personally, so I hope no one takes what I wrote as an attack. It's just feedback on his "act".

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
The dude is just havin' fun -- he's actually bright and has education and experience in the written word. If you look closely, many of his malaprops and literary misreferences are quite clever.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that he's in communications, the media, a columnist, PR director, etc.

I'm quite certain ol' Gimme half lots more intelligents than he lets on. You're absolutely on the money in reference to his writing skills.

bb721

Reaction score
This schtick is old and tired. It is with great pleasure that I will now be using the Ignore button for only the second time, don't know what took me so long.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I don't consider something that draws constant ridicule a carefully crafted shtick.

The thing is, Gimme doesn't give a damn about being ridiculed.

CapnCook

Reaction score
This schtick is old and tired. It is with great pleasure that I will now be using the Ignore button for only the second time, don't know what took me so long.

Now THIS is attention grabbing. I know I could care less who you put on ignore. At least GTB is intending to entertain. Yours was just a post of hate.