I am still in awe

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is there a purpose in misspelling like this? Not attacking you at all, just asking.

He does it to try and be funny but very few take him seriously because he refuses to be serious. His grammar and spelling have been poked at for years and if it bothered him he would have corrected it by now it's all an act.

Last edited:

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Is there a purpose in misspelling like this? Not attacking you at all, just asking.

The dude is just havin' fun -- he's actually bright and has education and experience in the written word. If you look closely, many of his malaprops and literary misreferences are quite clever.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that he's in communications, the media, a columnist, PR director, etc.

jday

Reaction score
What. Did i just read

Try reading it again, only this time use Foghorn Leghorn's voice. It may help.

Foghorn_Leghorn.png

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought for damn sure it was... "I am still in Iowa"

I think he would have gotten the "I" right in Iowa. He probably would have spelled it "Ioweher" that could possibly get a laugh or two that's how Gomer Pyle would have pronounced it.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images_zpsbefec6b8.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think he would have gotten the "I" right in Iowa. He probably would have spelled it "Ioweher" that could possibly get a laugh or two that's how Gomer Pyle would have pronounced it.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images_zpsbefec6b8.jpg

Don't think lol

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I stopped trying to decipher his posts long ago. I only read the title of the thread and am amazed he spelled "awe" correctly.

I'd be fine with the mistakes if they were actually mistakes and not carefully crafted shtick.

being a phony is never cool

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd be fine with the mistakes if they were actually mistakes and not carefully crafted shtick.

I don't consider something that draws constant ridicule a carefully crafted shtick.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

You know what isn't cool? Folks who feel the need to tell others who they should and shouldn't act like. Oh, and FYI -- you know all those movies you watch, the ones with all the actors who are pretending to be someone they're not? You know why they do that? To entertain. But hey, guess they're all phonies too, huh?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I don't consider something that draws constant ridicule a carefully crafted shtick.

You know what I call someone who constantly ridicules carefully crafted shtick? An idiot. Trust me, your supposed ridicule is far more painful to read that Gimme's clever posts.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
You know what isn't cool? Folks who feel the need to tell others who they should and shouldn't act like.

don't agree with that at all. ostracization is a perfectly valid method of dealing with off-putting behavior.