I do not see any difference between that play and the Dez play in 2014 *merged*

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read the news, watch the superbowl, Collingsworth even said he can't understand the rule anymore. Is Roge Goodell your cousin?...lol

Collingsworth can't understand how Miller Lite can both taste great and be less filling.

blindzebra

Reaction score
All true, by the way. In fact, here's you going the conspiracy route when cornered. My favorite exchange in the whole thread, lol.
Yeah, this coming from someone who believes there is a magic lunge, and said that Dez did lunge, but it was not a lunge because you could only see it in slow motion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nice edit, but that 80% is already out there. And even at 75% you still have no clue.

I wanted to be as accurate as possible because the past three years at least 75% of your post count has been whining over this call. Care to deny that? You only seem to show up for this topic. It’s funny watching you chase me around this thread. Every comment I make ruffles your feathers. I’m the road runner in you’re the coyote.
WuLHVv.jpg

blindzebra

Reaction score
You’ve said with complete certainty that the league is wrong and you’re right. You have no clue.
No I said Blandino was wrong and the rule was changed...and it was...to make the mistake fit the rule.

Again, remember how Pereira jumped ship when the guy he mentored stepped...cough, cough...fired...down.
Just why is Goodell so concerned with the catch rule, if your boy was doing such a perfect job?

blindzebra

Reaction score
I wanted to be as accurate as possible because the past three years at least 75% of your post count has been whining over this call. Care to deny that most of your post count the past three years hasn’t been on this topic? You only seem to show up for this topic. It’s funny watching you chase me around this thread. Every comment I make ruffles your feathers. I’m the road runner in you’re the coyote.
WuLHVv.jpg
Did you just admit to being a troll? I do believe you did.

Nice back peddle by the way.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, this coming from someone who believes there is a magic lunge, and said that Dez did lunge, but it was not a lunge because you could only see it in slow motion.

I'm more into magic mushrooms, magic beans and the magical mystery tour.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You couldn’t be more wrong the rule was never changed it was clarified.

It was changed if you are a conspiracy theorist, and clarified (although a bit poorly) if you are a realist. I'm not sure how this notion of the NFL and the NFL officials sitting down after each season to conspire against the Cowboys got started, but I'm very sure the people that believe this are the same folks that keep the National Inquirer in business.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sure it was. I have some nice sea-front property in Death Valley to show you.

Show me where they “changed” the rule? The rule wasn’t changed it was clarified. If they changed the rule it would be officiated differently and that hasn’t happened. This is proof positive how in denial you are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was changed if you are a conspiracy theorist, and clarified (although a bit poorly) if you are a realist. I'm not sure how this notion of the NFL and the NFL officials sitting down after each season to conspire against the Cowboys got started, but I'm very sure the people that believe this are the same folks that keep the National Inquirer in business.

The NFL attempted to clarify the rule but they certainly haven’t changed the rule. Same rule but they’re trying to add clarity to it.

khiladi

Reaction score
By the time Dez gathered the ball in and had clear possession of it his momentum was clearly taking him to the ground. By the time he had possession of the ball he took one step as he was falling to the ground and his left foot on the second attempted step never even got firmly planted on the ground. He ended up pushing off on his toes with his left foot as he was parallel to the ground trying to reach the endzone. Where’s the third step? His left foot landing on the ground after making the catch wasn’t a step. That last push off on his toes wasn’t a step. Besides steps don’t matter when the receivers momentum is taking them to the ground they still have to complete the process.

Uh no...

khiladi

Reaction score
His left foot landing at the 5 yard line wasn’t a step. He didn’t complete a step until his right foot came over and landed at the 4 yard line. That was the only step he took and it was a stumbling step as his momentum with taking him to the ground. His left foot/toes jamming into the turf at around the 3 yard line certainly wasn’t a step. He never even had his that foot planted. At the last second he pushed off with his toes while he was parallel to the ground. Again steps don’t matter when a receiver is going to the ground.

Your so off it’s utterly ridiculous.. now toes aren’t the feet..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL attempted to clarify the rule but they certainly haven’t changed the rule. Same rule but they’re trying to add clarity to it.

I agree completely. I made that same point pretty early in this thread.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Your so off it’s utterly ridiculous.. now toes aren’t the feet..

Dude that wasn’t even close to being a step. He never even had his foot fully planted on the ground.