I do not see any difference between that play and the Dez play in 2014 *merged*

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, they’re wrong and you’re right? Lol

Of course they are wrong in their interpretation regarding the fact of whether or not Dez made a football move, but even then they still contradict you’re claim regarding the actual rule.

They use the term ‘OR’ meaning that a football move is what also makes it a catch or being a runner.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So your making stuff up and calling them ‘common sense’.

The only stuff that’s been made up is from you and a few others. Some of you are making up your own rules. None of you can provide a single link to back up any of the idiocy that’s been posted on this issue.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course they are wrong in their interpretation regarding the fact of whether or not Dez made a football move, but even then they still contradict you’re claim regarding the actual rule.

They use the term ‘OR’ meaning that a football move is what also makes it a catch or being a runner.

In your eyes they contradict the actual rule because you can’t come to grips with actual rule and how it’s been officiated since 2010.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The rule wasn’t changed it was clarified. What you’re pointing out are the clarifications. You claiming the rule was changed is proof positive you don’t know what you’re talking about. I challenge you to provide a link saying the catch rule was changed. :thumbup:
LOL, What part of Blandino using the play in NY earlier in 2014, where Dez was already going to the ground and was not upright before he made a lunge, NY was three feet down and a reach for the endzone just like GB, yet one was complete and said to be correct, and one was incomplete and said to be correct, and neither demonstrated being upright long enough before going to the ground, don't you get? Two plays, same circumstances, two different rulings, both called correct by your boy, and neither met the upright long enough standard.

No rule change my butt.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL, What part of Blandino using the play in NY earlier in 2014, where Dez was already going to the ground and was not upright before he made a lunge, NY was three feet down and a reach for the endzone just like GB, yet one was complete and said to be correct, and one was incomplete and said to be correct, and neither demonstrated being upright long enough before going to the ground, don't you get? Two plays, same circumstances, two different rulings, both called correct by your boy, and neither met the upright long enough standard.

No rule change my butt.

The rule wasn’t changed, it was clarified and I provided links that prove it. I know what I’m talking about and you clearly don’t. If the rule was changed you would have a field day googling links that say it was changed. It would’ve been reported everywhere if the rule was changed. Stop blowing hot air and start providing some links to backup your ridiculous claims. Just more conspiracy theories.

khiladi

Reaction score
The only stuff that’s been made up is from you and a few others. Some of you are making up your own rules. None of you can provide a single link to back up any of the idiocy that’s been posted on this issue.

Of course your making stuff up. Where in the English language is steps defined by ‘heels planted’.

When a WR catches a ball on the sideline on his toes, by your logic it’s not a catch because his feet weren’t ‘planted’.

You are making definitions up that’s dont exist.

khiladi

Reaction score
In your eyes they contradict the actual rule because you can’t come to grips with actual rule and how it’s been officiated since 2010.

The links used the CONJUNCTION OR, meaning that one doesn’t have to be a runner, but one can just as well make a football move.

The link you provided says you are wrong regarding the RULE.

This link is wrong regarding the fact that Dez actually did make the football move, which Blandino himself said, but he didn’t say it was enough to be considered one.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course your making stuff up. Where in the English language is steps defined by ‘heels planted’.

When a WR catches a ball on the sideline on his toes, by your logic it’s not a catch because his feet weren’t ‘planted’.

You are making definitions up that’s dont exist.

The only one making stuff up is you. Explain how someone can take a step while being parallel to the ground free falling? You’re harping about something that only takes a little common sense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The links used the CONJUNCTION OR, meaning that one doesn’t have to be a runner, but one can just as well make a football move.

The link you provided says you are wrong regarding the RULE.

This link is wrong regarding the fact that Dez actually did make the football move, which Blandino himself said, but he didn’t say it was enough to be considered one.

You’re claiming everyone involved in creating the rule, explaining the rule and officiating the rule is wrong. lol

khiladi

Reaction score
The only one making stuff up is you. Explain how someone can take a step while being parallel to the ground free falling? You’re harping about something that only takes a little common sense.

Where in the English language is step defined in the context of free falling or that toes don’t count as a step is the heels don’t touch?

Does a WR catch the ball if he tip toes the sidelines after going up the catch a pass or does that not count?

khiladi

Reaction score
You’re claiming everyone involved in creating the rule, explaining the rule and officiating the rule is wrong. lol

The link you provided uses the conjunction OR... it does not use the conjunction AND..

What that means is one or the other thing has to happen.

So you are wrong regarding the actual rule, even with the links you claim support your point regarding the rule..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Does a WR catch the ball if he tip toes the sidelines after going up the catch a pass or does that not count?

It won’t count if they’re ruled going to the ground and the ball doesn’t survive the ground. They must complete the process.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you are wrong regarding the actual rule, even with the links you claim support your point regarding the rule..

You’re wrong you’re even making up what a step is. Those links proved my point that the rule was clarified not changed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is what Blandino claims, too bad the actual facts say different.

You claimed the rule was “changed” and continue to spin that despite the fact you have nothing to support it. You’re interpreting rule clarifications as changes to the rule. lol Where are these “facts” you talk about? Try providing a link to these facts.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The rule wasn’t changed, it was clarified and I provided links that prove it. I know what I’m talking about and you clearly don’t. If the rule was changed you would have a field day googling links that say it was changed. It would’ve been reported everywhere if the rule was changed. Stop blowing hot air and start providing some links to backup your ridiculous claims. Just more conspiracy theories.
BS and more BS, we need foot waders up to our necks with you around.

The NFL announced the 2015 rule changes and did not include it as a change and that was what got reported by the media, they had no reason to question it because it was not part of the official announcement as a change. Blandino is the one that came out saying it was just a clarification, and that did raise some questions. In fact the article Blindfaith posted way back in the thread even mentioned that the new wording seemed to make the Dez play fit retroactively.
I explained in detail that the next day examples that Blandino used to explain the call never referred to Dez being upright long enough, but instead concentrated on football moves that were made and not made in the two 2014 plays. In both plays Dez did not perform a football move prior to going to the ground, so that contradicts the entire upright long enough change of 2015.