I do think Parsons was the guy all along

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fish said they were talking to Detroit about moving up.
I don't follow him because I've never been confident he knows what he's talking about.

If the front office has a media outlet, I don't think would be local. They had Werder and now I think they have Rapaport. I think Booger prefers the bigger stage and the local media has been pissed since they fed Werder during ReliableSourceGate and they felt they should be breaking Cowboys stories. They actually had the nerve to complain about it too openly.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Stand on whatever you believe. I've never liked the drafting of this guy with the 12th overall pick. Your suggestion I'll ever say otherwise is baseless.

My “suggestion” is rather str8 fwd… baseless because I 1000% disagree? Where is the logic in that? I’m saying stand on that statement then when it’s proven the guys in the Cowboys office know what they doing..

The moral of the story is he is here now you can’t change it‍♂️, I be at most fans on here as if how you feel is going to change the fact that #11 is here now ..

cowboy fan *insert whoever* I hate Parsons at 12, (writers in practice seeing with there own eyes) Micah all over the place making plays doing what he do….

Your comeback was Wack!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My “suggestion” is rather str8 fwd… baseless because I 1000% disagree? Where is the logic in that? I’m saying stand on that statement then when it’s proven the guys in the Cowboys office know what they doing..

The moral of the story is he is here now you can’t change it‍♂️, I be at most fans on here as if how you feel is going to change the fact that #11 is here now ..

cowboy fan *insert whoever* I hate Parsons at 12, (writers in practice seeing with there own eyes) Micah all over the place making plays doing what he do….

Your comeback was Wack!!
Your post was wack. I don't like Parsons. I will stand by that until he makes me like him.

T-RO

Reaction score
I disagree, I think the DL and MLB are the most important. There's not been many CB's able to cover for 4-5 seconds regardless of how good they are.

You have every right to an opinion, but the overwhelming NFL consensus is that linebacker is not a premium NFL position. CBs, and Edge Rushers are premium. Not conventional linebackers. It's no accident that the first two defensive players selected in the 2021 draft were corners.

And if you go back to 2020 draft:
4 Corners taken in top 20
1 LB* taken in top 20

And even the 1 LB in 2020 was a "position-less" hybrid type.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Because you say so?

Or they knew who the Giants and Eagles were going to pick and realized there was no risk.
Let the man feel superior for once?
Such a booty face... You're such a booty face!

That's why you're my friend!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have every right to an opinion, but the overwhelming NFL consensus is that linebacker is not a premium NFL position. CBs, and Edge Rushers are premium. Not conventional linebackers. It's no accident that the first two defensive players selected in the 2021 draft were corners.

1 LB* taken in top 20

Not arguing that, this team was pathetic against the run and CB's don't stop the run. Before you can address the wound, you have to stop the bleeding. And this team had been bleeding right up the gut.

Ask Carroll and Quinn who the last player off that D they would have been willing to give up. My money is on Wagner.

kskboys

Reaction score

1 LB* taken in top 20

It's also no accident that DLines win super bowls.

You're falling way too much for Belly's rhetoric. CB's are useless if you don't get pressure and have competent S's.

T-RO

Reaction score
You're falling way too much for Belly's rhetoric. CB's are useless if you don't get pressure and have competent S's.

In today's NFL QB's get the ball is usually out in 1.5 to 3 seconds. You can't beat that with pass rush, only with corners. When the secondary is smothering people in coverage...as the Bucs did in SB by double covering BOTH Kelce and Hill...their rush-men could get home.

But you did manage to overlook my clear statement: edge rushers ARE premium players in today's NFL. Not linebackers and not interior d-line.

Most NFL sacks these days are coverage sacks.

T-RO

Reaction score
I disagree, I think the DL and MLB are the most important. There's not been many CB's able to cover for 4-5 seconds regardless of how good they are.

You'll get lots of 'likes' with posts like that. But if you look at league facts.... how draft picks are invested, and how contracts are invested...LB and interior d-line players are not valued as much as corner and edge. Teams are spending millions figuring this crap out.

But... we all know they're stupid.

Last edited:

tunahelper

Reaction score
At first, I thought it was nothing more than the usual spin from the front office trying to make themselves look good but the more I see this unfolding, I think that's a fact.

How does a CB help a defense that struggles against the run? Quinn was hired to fix that first and when the Legion of Boom was assembled, SEA already had a solid run defense.

Look at how Quinn devotes his time, he's all about the front 7 because that's where the leaks are.

There wasn't a DL ranked in the top 15 that could help with stopping the run, which is unusual for any draft, so what's the next best thing? A tackling machine MLB. A fast tackling machine MLB.

I don't think the Cowboys get him at 12 if he plays in 2020. His last college game was the Cotton Bowl where he was MVP with 14 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles and he is the first player in Penn State history to lead the team in tackles as a freshman and he only started 1 game. Let that sink in.

If you were apprehensive about this pick, you might want to revisit his last full season at the most famous college for LB's in history. That season was so special with just about every individual honor a player could get that he could afford to opt out in 2020 and still be regarded as a top 10 pick. I think if he plays in 2020, he's the first non QB off the board.

Every great Dallas D had that guy, that MLB that led the team in tackles, made drive stopping plays and lifted the D around him and I am not saying Micah Parsons is that guy but this team has to have that guy so taking him makes perfect sense to me. Because until we do find that guy, we do not field a true contender defense to play in January.

I agree with you CC. Right, wrong, or indifferent this front office has a FA/draft philosophy. They believe in their scouting and coaching assessments and it shows. As much as I have complained about gambling JJ he has displayed a semblance of reason, by allowing this process to bear fruit. The big question is did we make the right choices in FA/draft? If we did, it is time the executive group earn some respect for team management.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Ian Rappoport of the NFL Network said that it was Parsons all along.

Start this video at about 0:49 to hear what Rappoport says about it,

He said that he knew for what-3 days that Dallas had Parsons over the corners.

Thanks for your usual clarity.

Your contributions on this board are some of my favorite, as I've told you before.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In today's NFL QB's get the ball is usually out in 1.5 to 3 seconds. You can't beat that with pass rush, only with corners. When the secondary is smothering people in coverage...as the Bucs did in SB by double covering BOTH Kelce and Hill...their rush-men could get home.

But you did manage to overlook my clear statement: edge rushers ARE premium players in today's NFL. Not linebackers and not interior d-line.

Most NFL sacks these days are coverage sacks.
The leagues defenses have evolved this era. In the past we had always thought DL causing havoc and disruption at LOS took the pressure off of coverage aiding the secondary.

Great defenses used to begin up front because stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB was priority. But you’re saying besides these Edge Rushers the front 7 of the defense isn’t as critical as the Edge and CB which priorities in draft would support.

The game has evolved in this pass happy era . Perhaps us old fans perceptions need to change as well. It appears the league is changing their priorities.

And the Bucs defense against Mahomes looked more successful to me because of the pressure he was under which had to help the coverage which is where I’d always thought it begun was up front. Maybe we see what we want to see or used to looking at?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You'll get lots of 'likes' with posts like that. But if you look at league facts.... how draft picks are invested, and how contracts are invested...LB and interior d-line players are not valued as much as corner and edge. Teams are spending millions figuring this crap out.

But... we all know they're stupid.
Tough to argue this point. Teams this era are definitely investing their top picks in draft and Cap on edge rushers and CB’s.

Priorities whether we all agree with it or not appear to definitely be evolving to pass happy era.