I do think Parsons was the guy all along

Big_D

Reaction score
Why not? Because I follow the local beat writers and front office closely. Every indicator had us taking one of the CB’s if they were there at our slot.

But after the fact I think we did really well. The fact both players were grabbed right in front of us may have been a blessing.

it’s before the draft and all smoke screens and speculation. No one, not even the team sitting at #1 gives anything away. Beat writers and their take mean nothing. Just a guesstimate on what the team might do and the possibilities that could be there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it’s before the draft and all smoke screens and speculation. No one, not even the team sitting at #1 gives anything away. Beat writers and their take mean nothing. Just a guesstimate on what the team might do and the possibilities that could be there.
Believe what you will.

kskboys

Reaction score
I know some had Parson as the top defensive prospect in the draft, for me I did not feel that way for the simple reason he opted out last season so all you could go by was his 2019 season. I have seen enough college football that guys can fall off from 1 season to the next, had he played the 2020 season and produced as he did in 2019 or even better than 2019 then I would be more in agreement that he was the best prospect.
Sewell, Chase, and Farley opted out also. Trey Lance, Rousseau, and Slater also.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sewell, Chase, and Farley opted out also. Trey Lance, Rousseau, and Slater also.

and that is a bit of a concern, draft has always been less than perfect and in this case you guys who last played in 2019, you don't know if their play would have dropped in 2020 and dropped them in the draft because of it. It happens quite often where the kid has a great season 1 year then fails to follow up on the next year. Especially Farley who you can add back problems.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I think doing so, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Parsons could end up being a good LB but he's got to learn how to do it in the pros first. His rookie season won't be great, he's on an uphill climb to get to where the Cowboys need him to be.
So, in your world does this statement only apply to LBers or maybe just Parsons? Do you guys ever think before you post?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, in your world does this statement only apply to LBers or maybe just Parsons? Do you guys ever think before you post?
It was neither intended to be about just LBers or just Parsons. It's about rookies. They have to be coached up and get experience to be all they can be in the pro game. If you think it was about anything else then it is you that does not think before you post. ;)

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It was neither intended to be about just LBers or just Parsons. It's about rookies. They have to be coached up and get experience to be all they can be in the pro game. If you think it was about anything else then it is you that does not think before you post. ;)
No, your post history clearly shows you don’t like the Parsons pick. You specifically mentioned him having to adjust to the NFL, not making an immediate impact, etc. First off, he will make an immediate impact. Second, doesn’t every rookie have to adjust to the NFL? You certainly pointed out Parsons specifically as if it only applies to him. Don’t try to hide from it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, your post history clearly shows you don’t like the Parsons pick.
Two things can be true at the same time. I'm not hiding the fact I'm no Micha Parsons fan but part of that is I'm not a fan of any rookies.

You specifically mentioned him having to adjust to the NFL, not making an immediate impact, etc.
Yes, because he's a rookie.

First off, he will make an immediate impact.
That's your opinion, we can have different opinions. It's okay.

Second, doesn’t every rookie have to adjust to the NFL?
Bingo, genious, that's what I'm saying.

You certainly pointed out Parsons specifically as if it only applies to him.
Nope, it applies to all rookies but you only see what you want to see.

Don’t try to hide from it.
Once again, not hiding from anything, I'm not a parson fan because he's a rookie. The same applies to the rookies. it just goes double for Parsons because he was the 1st round draft pick.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Two things can be true at the same time. I'm not hiding the fact I'm no Micha Parsons fan but part of that is I'm not a fan of any rookies.

Yes, because he's a rookie.

That's your opinion, we can have different opinions. It's okay.

Bingo, genious, that's what I'm saying.

Nope, it applies to all rookies but you only see what you want to see.

Once again, not hiding from anything, I'm not a parson fan because he's a rookie. The same applies to the rookies. it just goes double for Parsons because he was the 1st round draft pick.
Dude, just stop. You’ve posted comment after comment about how big of a mistake it was to draft Parsons. You are on record time and time again and it has nothing to do with him being a rookie. Why? Because every damned player in history has been a rookie! Have you griped about every one of them? No. You don’t like him and that’s fine, but don’t try to backtrack on what you’ve previously said. You simply didn’t like the pick and I highly doubt you’d be saying the same things had your favorite player been taken with our first pick.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude, just stop. You’ve posted comment after comment about how big of a mistake it was to draft Parsons. You are on record time and time again and it has nothing to do with him being a rookie. Why? Because every damned player in history has been a rookie! Have you griped about every one of them? No. You don’t like him and that’s fine, but don’t try to backtrack on what you’ve previously said. You simply didn’t like the pick and I highly doubt you’d be saying the same things had your favorite player been taken with our first pick.
So you think I root for the draft class? Show me one time where I've done that during the preseason.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So you think I root for the draft class? Show me one time where I've done that during the preseason.
Why in the hell wouldn’t you? If you’re a fan of a team, you’d be remarkably dense to not pull for ALL of the players on the team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why in the hell wouldn’t you? If you’re a fan of a team, you’d be remarkably dense to not pull for ALL of the players on the team.
I don't root for anyone that doesn't have a star on their helmet, including the rookies.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At first, I thought it was nothing more than the usual spin from the front office trying to make themselves look good but the more I see this unfolding, I think that's a fact.

How does a CB help a defense that struggles against the run? Quinn was hired to fix that first and when the Legion of Boom was assembled, SEA already had a solid run defense.

Look at how Quinn devotes his time, he's all about the front 7 because that's where the leaks are.

There wasn't a DL ranked in the top 15 that could help with stopping the run, which is unusual for any draft, so what's the next best thing? A tackling machine MLB. A fast tackling machine MLB.

I don't think the Cowboys get him at 12 if he plays in 2020. His last college game was the Cotton Bowl where he was MVP with 14 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles and he is the first player in Penn State history to lead the team in tackles as a freshman and he only started 1 game. Let that sink in.

If you were apprehensive about this pick, you might want to revisit his last full season at the most famous college for LB's in history. That season was so special with just about every individual honor a player could get that he could afford to opt out in 2020 and still be regarded as a top 10 pick. I think if he plays in 2020, he's the first non QB off the board.

Every great Dallas D had that guy, that MLB that led the team in tackles, made drive stopping plays and lifted the D around him and I am not saying Micah Parsons is that guy but this team has to have that guy so taking him makes perfect sense to me. Because until we do find that guy, we do not field a true contender defense to play in January.

How does a LB help against the run when they are taking on Guards? The problem with this defense starts at the DT position.