I don't think I'll ever understand "sport fans"

RoboQB

Reaction score
Crazy, Pittsburgh is not even remotely near Dallas nor are they in the NFC?!? Am I missing something here? I would think they would be Eagles fans or something that makes more sense.

So, now states are to be divided into conferences too!?!... lol.

I must've missed it, but how do you handle states with multiple teams again?

Flamma

Reaction score
Dude we have traitors here also. Lots of people that grew up in the Dallas area are SteAlers fans. My theory is that they hate their fathers so they chose the enemy to spite em...

WoW! That's good. Although I don't hate my father, never did, but that's how I became a Cowboys fan, to spite my father. Now it's too late, no turning back.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Football is about passion. Where you live has nothing to do with it. The fact that you were not a Rams fan while they were in St Louis says it all but became one when they moved to LA. So if they move out of LA next year then you wont be a RAms fan. You have no passion for the Rams, you are just a front runner jumping on the next new thing. You have no idea what it takes to be a fan.

ifixoldhouses

Reaction score
I've never stepped foot in the state of Texas yet I've been a Cowboy fan since the 70's. I grew up in NC where the Commanders were pretty much the home team. And I can't stand them. And I can't stand UNC or Duke either.
Me too I was a fan of Dallas long before the Panthers arrived here, hated the Commanders, I lived with my aunt outside Dallas for a couple months once.I lived in DC when Theisman was winning Superbowls, now I'm an hour from the Panthers stadium., and I hate Duke too, UNC is allright, but I live 15 min from Wake Forest.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How can there be Cowboys fans living in California? I mean how? How can you be a fan of a team that you have no connection with? Why not move to the state of the team you support if you love it so much over there?

If you are in California, you should be fan of a California team. How can you live in California, a Cowboys fan, and live with yourself?

Now its one thing if you are only in California for work and have families in Texas or something that make sense.

This is my worst post but I'm pretty LIVID if you could not tell. Its one thing to be a Dallas Cowboys fans, its another being a California Cowboys fans. The home field situation alone is already pissing me off!

Many times you can’t help who becomes your favorite team. I live in Virginia where there is no local team. I became a Cowboys fan because the first game I ever watched was a Dallas vs Commanders thanksgiving game. I was 7 or 8, the house was full of skins fans, and Dallas won the game. I was a kid and thought that Roger Stauback guy was cool. I became a Baltimore Orioles fan because my LL coach when I was 11 and 12 took the entire team to a game when our season was over. I didn’t really choose either. It just happened and I don’t feel like I really had any control over it.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Lame post for sure. Why care why someone is a fan? I could say, are you just a fan because of proximity? If so, you are a lessor fan than me? lol. I have been a Cowboy fan since I was 5 years old. I lived in Miami at the time I became a fan of this team in 1971. I also lived in Orange County CA and still rooted for my Cowboys in the late 1970's. Hated the Rams. Eventually we moved to Plano, TX and I lived in the Dallas area for 22 years. Now I live in SWFL. I consider myself far above average as a fan because I chose this team when I wasn't from Dallas.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Many times you can’t help who becomes your favorite team. I live in Virginia where there is no local team. I became a Cowboys fan because the first game I ever watched was a Dallas vs Commanders thanksgiving game. I was 7 or 8, the house was full of skins fans, and Dallas won the game. I was a kid and thought that Roger Stauback guy was cool. I became a Baltimore Orioles fan because my LL coach when I was 11 and 12 took the entire team to a game when our season was over. I didn’t really choose either. It just happened and I don’t feel like I really had any control over it.

But Virginia doesn't have a professional sport team so you are free to choose any team you want, right?

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Lame post for sure. Why care why someone is a fan? I could say, are you just a fan because of proximity? If so, you are a lessor fan than me? lol. I have been a Cowboy fan since I was 5 years old. I lived in Miami at the time I became a fan of this team in 1971. I also lived in Orange County CA and still rooted for my Cowboys in the late 1970's. Hated the Rams. Eventually we moved to Plano, TX and I lived in the Dallas area for 22 years. Now I live in SWFL. I consider myself far above average as a fan because I chose this team when I wasn't from Dallas.

So you are saying that you are more of a fans (not talking about you but in general) if you choose your team rather than the team choosing you? That is an interesting perspective I never thought about.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Football is about passion. Where you live has nothing to do with it. The fact that you were not a Rams fan while they were in St Louis says it all but became one when they moved to LA. So if they move out of LA next year then you wont be a RAms fan. You have no passion for the Rams, you are just a front runner jumping on the next new thing. You have no idea what it takes to be a fan.

Are you sure? I been a Chargers fan for 18 years and let be real here, they are one of the worst run franchise in the league. There is very few teams with as many heartbreak as the Chargers. I can only think of the Chiefs, Vikings, and Brown fans who have suffer similar fate but no franchise is dumb enough to fire their 14-2 coach.

Now my question to you is this? How can I be a Rams fan when I didn't even know they were from LA in the first place? I started to watch Football in 99, the Rams left LA in 95.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
So you are saying that you are more of a fans (not talking about you but in general) if you choose your team rather than the team choosing you? That is an interesting perspective I never thought about.
No, I brought that angle up since you thought you are more of a fan purely because of proximity.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
But Virginia doesn't have a professional sport team so you are free to choose any team you want, right?

Everyone is free to choose but my point was I don’t feel I chose anything. It just happened due to circumstances I encountered as a kid. The same thing could happen to anyone anywhere causing them to like a team other than the hometown team.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
No, I brought that angle up since you thought you are more of a fan purely because of proximity.

I don't think I'm more of a fan because of proximity but aren't most sport fans are fan of said team due to proximity? Majority of Rams fans are from St. Louis or LA. Majority of Dallas fans are from Dallas or Texas. Majority of Patriots fans are from the state of Massachusetts.

kskboys

Reaction score
Be a fan of whomever you like, but be loyal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Are you sure? I been a Chargers fan for 18 years and let be real here, they are one of the worst run franchise in the league. There is very few teams with as many heartbreak as the Chargers. I can only think of the Chiefs, Vikings, and Brown fans who have suffer similar fate but no franchise is dumb enough to fire their 14-2 coach.

Now my question to you is this? How can I be a Rams fan when I didn't even know they were from LA in the first place? I started to watch Football in 99, the Rams left LA in 95.

Again, you are missing the point. People get attached to teams for different reasons. Location has nothing to do with it. Usually you get attached when you are young watching teams that are on TV all the time. Teams with National followings are the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, and Raiders because from the 60s through 80s those were teams that were the best and before directv the only teams typically on TV. Many fans of teams with National followings have never lived in or been to those towns. I am only a fan of one team. You sound like a football fan with no loyalty to any team. How can you be a Rams fans and a Chargers fan. Geez. Get off the fence and pick one.