I don't think we are getting squat for Tony

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It's called the consequences of having a bad o-line, which is no longer the case. Living in fear is no way to go through life.
I think you are in denial about Romo's star status and his durability.
Yet, my man love and respect to you tell me to leave it as that.;)

Also you are correct about living in fear. I ditched fear when me mum taught me the killer viper maneuver and the 4-finger death blow. She is feared at all the senior centers and always wins at shuffleboard and bingo.

Dodger12

Reaction score
We get the exact same savings from trading him as we do cutting him

How is that getting cute????? Why hand a starting QB to potential SB opponents???

If we get offered nothing then cut him Sept 1 when he hurts us the least or ask him to take a pay cut to stay as a bak up

And what happens with the next player who will be in the same type of scenario? The Jones' will never be able to negotiate in good faith again and that player will just "twist" an ankle during pre-season and the team is stuck paying that player.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What if Romo shows up to OTAs and says "I am ready to compete for my job"?

Is the team going to tell Romo that he cant compete for the job? So that sends a message to the rest of the team that everybody else has to compete for their job, but Dak doesn't have to compete for his? When Garrett says he wants competition up and down the roster and that it is good from your team, he is not including the QB position? And if you say that Dak won the job last year, well doesn't everybody else have to compete for their job every year? You are telling everybody on defense that you have to compete not only for a roster spot, but for playing time as well, but the QB position is now exempt from that rule?

And what happens when Romo starts talking with the media and says how unfair it is that Dak is being singled out for special treatment over everybody else, who has to earn their job through competition year in and year out, but Dak is now except from any competition.

Media then goes ask Jason Witten...."do you agree with Romo that it is unfair Dak doesn't have to compete for his job"?
If Romo demands to compete, and I am Sir Jerry, I tell Romo that Dak, not he, is the future and he can compete for the backup job. Also, I quote the great body builder Jimma Carter and say "Life is not fay-ah." I also tell Romo that "The team is commited to winning with a younger, more durable QB. So be happy to compete as a backup and wear headphones on the sidelines and we'll let you pretend you have input during the game. Because you are a rich man, baby you are a rich man now."

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And what happens with the next player who will be in the same type of scenario? The Jones' will never be able to negotiate in good faith again and that player will just "twist" an ankle during pre-season and the team is stuck paying that player.
Blah blah blah......ask people about how NE or PITT treats its players....... it is a business

We still lost 9 FAs this year and not one FA came to DAL to play for such a great owner

pete026

Reaction score
Since you seem to be claiming insider knowledge of what other FOs are thinking, maybe you could expedite the resolution of this whole thing by sharing your information with Jerry Jones. :rolleyes:
Even Jerry has figured out by now that no team in the NFL is going to trade anything of significance for Romo. For some on this forum.....not so much! Unfortunately it will be an extreme longshot if we get anything for him.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Blah blah blah......ask people about how NE or PITT treats its players....... it is a business

We still lost 9 FAs this year and not one FA came to DAL to play for such a great owner

Blah, blah, blah...why not just look at Dallas. Ratliff forced Jerry to release him rather than pay him for sitting on the bench "injured." I'm sure Romo would be too professional to pull that stunt, just as Jerry would be equally as professional to release him at the end of camp. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not sure what this has to do with anything since it's apples and oranges to the current situation.
Whatever you say chief.......you said the players will look to screw DAL if Jerry treats Romo like a football player instead of a son.... I think that is ludicrous......it is a business both ways...... players play for money and they owners show respect by the money they pay..... not by helping Romo screw over the Cowboys....how do you think the current players will feel if he chooses helping Romo over helping the Cowboys

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Like Houston is going into the season with the Qb's they have. :lmao: Give your heads a shake guys. We hold all the cards in this one, as we don't have to release Romo.
There is a draft coming up you know right???

Houston can get a QB in the draft for a fraction of the price of Romo.

Any team landing Romo is guaranteed nothing successwise. He couldn't last 2 minutes into the first preseason game he played last year. How does a team know the first time that Romo is sacked that he doesn't snap another clavicle??? The injury history is very real, very recent, and more of a factor than some care to admit.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Even Jerry has figured out by now that no team in the NFL is going to trade anything of significance for Romo. For some on this forum.....not so much! Unfortunately it will be an extreme longshot if we get anything for him.
Oh, and now you have inside information of what Jerry Jones knows. :rolleyes:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

Any team landing Romo is guaranteed nothing successwise. He couldn't last 2 minutes into the first preseason game he played last year. How does a team know the first time that Romo is sacked that he doesn't snap another clavicle??? The injury history is very real, very recent, and more of a factor than some care to admit.
This is a great draft to pin all your hopes on a rookie QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Romo demands to compete, and I am Sir Jerry, I tell Romo that Dak, not he, is the future and he can compete for the backup job. Also, I quote the great body builder Jimma Carter and say "Life is not fay-ah." I also tell Romo that "The team is commited to winning with a younger, more durable QB. So be happy to compete as a backup and wear headphones on the sidelines and we'll let you pretend you have input during the game. Because you are a rich man, baby you are a rich man now."

And when one of the defensive lineman ask why he has to compete for his job.......because he is young and durable also.......what are you going to tell him infront of the team?

Or is Dak being singled out as the only player that doesn't have to compete for his job? I wonder how that will go over in the lockerroom?

And I am not lobbying for or against Dak, Romo, or anybody else.........I am just saying that it if I was a player that had to bust my butt in OTAs, mini-camps, training camp, preseason, and then keep my fingers crossed I kept my starting job and I look over and see another player is named starter and its written in stone even before the draft..............I would be a little pissed off about it.

just saying.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And when one of the defensive lineman ask why he has to compete for his job.......because he is young and durable also.......what are you going to tell him infront of the team?

Or is Dak being singled out as the only player that doesn't have to compete for his job? I wonder how that will go over in the lockerroom?

And I am not lobbying for or against Dak, Romo, or anybody else.........I am just saying that it if I was a player that had to bust my butt in OTAs, mini-camps, training camp, preseason, and then keep my fingers crossed I kept my starting job and I look over and see another player is named starter and its written in stone even before the draft..............I would be a little pissed off about it.

just saying.
Stop yer crying, mate!
Romo is NOT the future! He can and will compete for the backup job!
It is insane to think we can go back to 2014.
WE LIKE 2016!!!!!! And beyond!!!
:thumbup:

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
If we get nothing for Romo, in large is because the front office showed their cards early on that they would be willing to take 0 for him. So Houston and Denver are both clearly saying they are going to win thinking that Cowboys will release him. I say we just keep the guy as a backup QB in the event that Dak gets hurt, or once teams see were serious then do some wheeling and dealing.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Whatever you say chief.......you said the players will look to screw DAL if Jerry treats Romo like a football player instead of a son.... I think that is ludicrous......it is a business both ways...... players play for money and they owners show respect by the money they pay..... not by helping Romo screw over the Cowboys....how do you think the current players will feel if he chooses helping Romo over helping the Cowboys

That's not what I said by any stretch. This topic may be too complicated for you.

Dodger12

Reaction score
faking injuries to get paid is your proposal to get revenge on Jerry for playing hardball with Romo

You can only play hardball when you hold all the cards. Don't blame a player when a substandard GM gives him a contract he'll never fulfill. It was a risk then and the Cowboys now have to pay the price. The time to play hardball with leverage was when they were negotiating Romo's new contract and they probably could have gotten a quality draft pick at that time.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

LOL like the QB they get in the draft can take that team to the Superbowl or even start for a matter of fact.