I don't think we are getting squat for Tony

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Romo is not made of glass. He's all healed up and ready to go. You negative nelly's on Romo are a humorous bunch.

It's about risk. You would be on the hook if he gets injured. I know he's not made of glass, but injury risk is there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's about risk. You would be on the hook if he gets injured. I know he's not made of glass, but injury risk is there.
Injury risk is with everyone playing NFL football. Romo has no greater chance of getting hurt than Dak does.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Injury risk is with everyone playing NFL football. Romo has no greater chance of getting hurt than Dak does.

Now that's simply not true. Throw out injury history, risk is greater with age alone. It a larger risk when if he gets injured you pony up 14+ million for a backup.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Now that's simply not true. Throw out injury history, risk is greater with age alone. It a larger risk when if he gets injured you pony up 14+ million for a backup.
How's he going to get hurt before Dak when he will be backing up Dak. Look at the 2017 Cowboy's books... backup QB - 14+ million, Romo.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If we can't get anything for him....then keep him. Plain and simple. He's under contract. If Dak goes down, we'll be glad we did it.
Makes sense to me. The worst deal would be to get that walk-on, Junior Squat from E. Illinois.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo is not made of glass. He's all healed up and ready to go. You negative nelly's on Romo are a humorous bunch.
These negative Nellys, year after year, see Romo go down with an assortment of broken bones and whatnot.
And they are expected to be suddenly optimistic as Romo gets older????
Better a negative Nelly than 10 more years of Romo futility....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
These negative Nellys, year after year, see Romo go down with an assortment of broken bones and whatnot.
And they are expected to be suddenly optimistic as Romo gets older????
Better a negative Nelly than 10 more years of Romo futility....
Last preseason in Seattle was a freak injury. It could have happened to anyone. You people that let fear rule your opinion of Romo are just negative nellys.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Last preseason in Seattle was a freak injury. It could have happened to anyone. You people that let fear rule your opinion of Romo are just negative nellys.
Freak injury? Let's assume it was, good lad!
But what explains the other 5 injuries in the past half-dozen years?
Too, either a freak injury or a righteous injury both take rehab, and they sideline a player.
So I take no solance from a freak injury.

pete026

Reaction score
It's not "You people" that matter. There are a whole bunch of front offices that don't want to take on that risk. It isn't only money because a QB of Romo's ability would have been snatched up by now if price was the only consideration.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We know how good Romo is. Know one knows better than we do and we're still ready to dump him . Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why are we just delaying the inevitable? Why wait until June 1 when the entire league knows we are just going to end up releasing?
We were set to dump him until Houston made their trades to make room for Romo. Then Jerry tried to get cute hoping there might be a bidding war on him. Wrong!!

Jerry played his cards last year on this. Like usual he telegraphed what we were going to do. Teams will wait until June 1st if necessary.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
We were set to dump him until Houston made their trades to make room for Romo. Then Jerry tried to get cute hoping there might be a bidding war on him. Wrong!!

Jerry played his cards last year on this. Like usual he telegraphed what we were going to do. Teams will wait until June 1st if necessary.

Let them wait, we are not on the hook until the season starts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is one time I hope Jerry sticks to his guns and calls everybody's bluff. I get Romo's age and etc, but we all know his talent level. I think Houston wants him more than they're acting like they do. Put the pressure on them. I get we won't get a 1st for him but he should be worth SOMETHING. He's a very talented QB.
It would be one of if not the most wasteful decision in Cap era if we retain a player who's not going to play just for insurance. Forget the5 million in cap space this year but about 25 million next two years respectively.

Only reason to retain Romo is to play and start him. Otherwise it's a waste of resources. Bench Dak or release Romo.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It would be one of if not the most wasteful decision in Cap era if we retain a player who's not going to play just for insurance. Forget the5 million in cap space this year but about 25 million next two years respectively.

Only reason to retain Romo is to play and start him. Otherwise it's a waste of resources. Bench Dak or release Romo.
We get the exact same savings from trading him as we do cutting him

How is that getting cute????? Why hand a starting QB to potential SB opponents???

If we get offered nothing then cut him Sept 1 when he hurts us the least or ask him to take a pay cut to stay as a bak up

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What if Romo shows up to OTAs and says "I am ready to compete for my job"?

Is the team going to tell Romo that he cant compete for the job? So that sends a message to the rest of the team that everybody else has to compete for their job, but Dak doesn't have to compete for his? When Garrett says he wants competition up and down the roster and that it is good from your team, he is not including the QB position? And if you say that Dak won the job last year, well doesn't everybody else have to compete for their job every year? You are telling everybody on defense that you have to compete not only for a roster spot, but for playing time as well, but the QB position is now exempt from that rule?

And what happens when Romo starts talking with the media and says how unfair it is that Dak is being singled out for special treatment over everybody else, who has to earn their job through competition year in and year out, but Dak is now except from any competition.

Media then goes ask Jason Witten...."do you agree with Romo that it is unfair Dak doesn't have to compete for his job"?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Freak injury? Let's assume it was, good lad!
But what explains the other 5 injuries in the past half-dozen years?
Too, either a freak injury or a righteous injury both take rehab, and they sideline a player.
So I take no solance from a freak injury.
It's called the consequences of having a bad o-line, which is no longer the case. Living in fear is no way to go through life.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's not "You people" that matter. There are a whole bunch of front offices that don't want to take on that risk. It isn't only money because a QB of Romo's ability would have been snatched up by now if price was the only consideration.
Since you seem to be claiming insider knowledge of what other FOs are thinking, maybe you could expedite the resolution of this whole thing by sharing your information with Jerry Jones. :rolleyes:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let it go dawg. It's over.
The-Notebook-Quote.gif