I feel like everyone here is trying to shut up realists

75boyz

Reaction score
Not a huge fan.
Talked myself into getting over the contract. I don't try as hard to participate in the bus driver vs. elite performance debates for the sake of possibly enjoying a Cinderella season this year.

My preseason stance for success hinged on the health of Smith and Collins for 17 games.

Then Steele actually showed up as at least a serviceable swing tackle for the RIGHT side.

But now I am back to being pessimistic because I have strong doubts of an In house solution for the LEFT side.

The trickle down effect to the whole offense's dysfunction is so blatantly obvious without Smith. Vaquero's post of winning percentages based off Smith's playing or not was extremely telling.

jmo

Last edited:

Forneymike

Reaction score
Somebody post his record against winning teams since 2017?
Then you will truly understand why you hate the fact he is our QB...
666 rules our Star and glory is a no-show till his ultimate demise!
Josh Allen was 7-10 before this year. Kyler Murray was 3-11 Justin Herbert was 1-5 Deshaun Watson was 7-19 Matt Ryan is 31-55

Forneymike

Reaction score
Somebody post his record against winning teams since 2017?
Then you will truly understand why you hate the fact he is our QB...
666 rules our Star and glory is a no-show till his ultimate demise!
Only 3 guys can play on your team. Brady, Mahomes and Jackson and Mahomes is close to falling below 500

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

there’s a huge difference between saying dak had bad game yesterday (he did) and that he sucked and using it as a basis of evidence as to why he’s not the guy or why he’s not as good as people think. He was terrible yesterday- he’s been exceptional all year.

while yesterday doesn’t fall solely on him he deserves to take some heat but yesterday isn’t evidence as to why he’s over paid, overrated, a bus driver etc or an indictment on him overall as a player.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
so once you win one super bowl over a decade ago, you can do whatever you want...not sure about that hound dog

All I'm saying is that you are sort of new here and there have been a lot of Dak fans saying Dak is better than Aaron, Aikman, Romo, hell, it's even been said that he's as alert as Brady! Some posters have Dak so high on a pedestal that he can do no wrong...so, it was just an observation about your post referring to Aaron.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Your analogy stinks. How would that fancy Italian sports car run if it was in a demolition derby where 11 other fancy Italian sports cars were trying to ram into it in close quarters? My guess is it wouldn't last very long and would be running like garbage after about 5-10 minutes..

So don't pay for that expensive Italian sports car?

Forneymike

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that you are sort of new here and there have been a lot of Dak fans saying Dak is better than Aaron, Aikman, Romo, hell, it's even been said that he's as alert as Brady! Some posters have Dak so high on a pedestal that he can do no wrong...so, it was just an observation about your post referring to Aaron.
I think Dak is a very good QB. He isn't necessarily those guys but could eventually be as successful as those guys if things happen properly. I don't know what other options are out there and the idea that he is terrible and a bottom five guy like a lot of people on here say, I can't go with

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Dak is a very good QB. He isn't necessarily those guys but could eventually be as successful as those guys if things happen properly. I don't know what other options are out there and the idea that he is terrible and a bottom five guy like a lot of people on here say, I can't go with

He is a good QB, it just was not the day for the team...I still say it was because of the time change from Daylight Saving time...the team was either an hour late to the game or an hour early...! lol

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

The hardest part for me is to hear some posters saying that the entire loss was on him and him only.

We all know that isn't the truth in any football game. No one player does all the task that results in a winning play, and no one player does all the tasks that results in a losing play.

If the game is decided by 4-7 key plays in a game, then it is highly improbable that it was all Dak's fault.

Did he suck? ABSOFRICKENLUTELY! Did he lose the game all by himself? I doubt it.

On the Cowboys loser bus today there are lots of seats occupied by some guilty suspects. But it isn't a bus of one.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
But some people aren't objective and it goes beyond them just criticizing Dak for his bad play. There's no doubt that Dak had a stinker of a game yesterday, but when other fans tried to point out the other players on the team who contributed to the all around awful game the Cowboys had against the Broncos, there were fans going. "No, only one player is to blame for this bad performance and loss and that's Dak."

Going by how some fans act, they act like no other QB in the NFL can be considered good to great to elite and still have a bad game occasionally. And those who insist that the 6 games the Cowboys won are meaningless or that how well Dak has played for five games means nothing and that only the Denver game should be taken into account, when judging Dak as a QB or how good the Cowboys are as a whole. There are also those who seem to be bothered by any positive attention and credit that Dak receives and they rush in to try to downplay or discredit it as not valid or credible. But, then say that Dak supporters are "bias" or emotional in this Dak debate.

There are for sure those who revel more in negativity towards Dak than they do in any positive attention or credit he receives, when he plays well or puts together a streak of good games. And those who want Dak only focus on the negative aspects, while they try to gatekeep Cowboys fans who focus more on the positive aspects of Dak as a QB. Some are bias and some do take enjoyment in the Cowboys losing, just so they can say "I told you so."

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why should we have to praise him? It is expected with the amount of money he is making. He making more this year than Brady in 3 years. He not a $40 million dollars QB, he more of a 23 million dollars QB. He is massively overpaid and can't win against average team without a running game. When Zeke struggle, Dak struggle, when Zeke does well, Dak does well.

Some people here have such low expectation. It like Zeke getting 3 to 5 measly yards and celebrating like he ran 40+ yards touchdown. It's your job, so just do it!

Has Dak done anything so crazy this year that warrant such praise?
How about before his contract? did you ever say anything positive? and is there a rule that says if a player makes amount of money no one should ever make any positive comments about them? is that from the time they get a large contract, all have to just continuously and incessently just find faults with every little thing all the time?

contract is business / money side.

You never even acknowledge when he does play well. And using your limited mindset even saying he played to level of his contract.....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sounds like what big tech and some media does
Trash dissenting views
:muttley:

I do think some here are overreacting to one bad game by the team.
But its an open forum

Flamma

Reaction score
Not a huge fan.
Talked myself into getting over the contract. I don't try as hard to participate in the bus driver vs. elite performance debates for the sake of possibly enjoying a Cinderella season this year.

My preseason stance for success hinged on the health of Smith and Collins for 17 games.

Then Steele actually showed up as at least a serviceable swing tackle for the RIGHT side.

But now I am back to being pessimistic because I have strong doubts of an In house solution for the LEFT side.

The trickle down effect to the whole offense's dysfunction is so blatantly obvious without Smith. Vaquero's post of winning percentages based off Smith's playing or not was extremely telling.

jmo

I don't get into the elite crap either. I just think he's a good QB. His cap hit is 17M and after restructure next year, 18M. That's not so bad and not so prohibitive. 2023 is several years away, so we'll have to wait and see how they intend on mitigating that situation. But for now, we have a two year window.

It could be worse. Look at the Chiefs going forward. Mahomes is still on his rookie deal. His 10 year contract starts next season. He'll go from a 7M cap hit to a 35M cap hit. I figured their deterioration would start next year. It came a year early.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
I am still skeptical of his contract and want him to earn it. Dak has played well this season but I want us to win a playoff game. I am just cautious to be optimistic based on past teams and past failures.

There's always going to be a "but" with "realists" like you when it comes to Dak. And it has nothing to do with his salary, either.

"Sure, we finally won a Super Bowl, but do you really think Dak should've been MVP of the Game? I don't. " - Cowboysfever1973

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Don't know what you mean by "this board" but there are posters here that are going to take exception with Prescott being "attacked" just as it was with Romo.

And realism is all about perception, not reality.

My opinion is he wasn't ready to play and they let him stay in trying to turn it around, his inaccuracy was apparent to anyone.

Now, whether anyone here thinks McC has the power to pull Prescott, well, that's a another reality.
I don’t get how he wasn’t ready to play!
When we played the Bucks he hadn’t played a down in 10 months, no preseason to speak of and yet played well in that game and in the subsequent 5.
Now he has 3 weeks off and he’s not ready?

Aulac

Reaction score
How about before his contract? did you ever say anything positive? and is there a rule that says if a player makes amount of money no one should ever make any positive comments about them? is that from the time they get a large contract, all have to just continuously and incessently just find faults with every little thing all the time?

contract is business / money side.

You never even acknowledge when he does play well. And using your limited mindset even saying he played to level of his contract.....

I only been here for a few years, but I did praise his personality in one of my comment. I like the fact that Dak is a hard worker and is improving. That he did not stop working after he got paid. Also the fact that he is a good leader.

I also once said to his defense, that Dak has never had a good coach (probably not on this forum though).

I don't hate Dak, I just don't want him to be the QB of the Cowboys. Now if we reach an NFCCG or the SB, my feeling on Dak would change, but until then.....

Sheepherder

Reaction score
He is a good QB, it just was not the day for the team...I still say it was because of the time change from Daylight Saving time...the team was either an hour late to the game or an hour early...! lol
There you go! Just give them another excuse.