I feel like everyone here is trying to shut up realists

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I don't give him credit when he does well because it is EXPECTED.

I guess this means that you won't ever give credit or praise to any other QB in the NFL who is highly paid and has a great game.

Aulac

Reaction score
I guess this means that you won't ever give credit or praise to any other QB in the NFL who is highly paid and has a great game.

Brady is underpaid, everyone else is paid how much they are worth. Dak is overpaid, Goff is overpaid, Wentz is overpaid, Cousins is slighty overpaid, Mahomes is to be determine, Tannehill is overpaid, and the list goes on.

Dak can't win without a running game, that not the case for most top 10 QBs.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
With big contracts come big scrutiny. So not only does Dak play the most important position on this team, but he has a big contract to go along with that. Some fans are going call him out for his short comings. It happens with every QB on every team, with a big contract.

I don't like every player on this team so I don't expect others to like every player on this team. I love my Cowboys and one player isn't going to stop me from loving my Cowboys. And every real diehard fan should feel the same way.

I've run across some who say they used to be Cowboy fans. The stopped loving the 'Boys because they didn't like the way they treated Landry...or Aikman. And I just thought wow you aren't a real fan.

NOTHING....could stop me from loving my 'Boys. Win, lose, or draw I'm with them.

:flagwave:

lockster

Reaction score
Because that's how the younger generation has been taught to communicate. They view any opinions that oppose their opinion as hate speech. This isn't a football issue, but a U know what issue.
This can't be discussed on here either. That's why it's hard to solve anything by logic and reason , when it's not acceptable or allowed. :).

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Brady is underpaid, everyone else is paid how much they are worth. Dak is overpaid, Goff is overpaid, Wentz is overpaid, Cousins is slighty overpaid, Mahomes is to be determine, Tannehill is overpaid, and the list goes on.

Dak can't win without a running game, that not the case for most top 10 QBs.

So after Romo got paid a big time contract, then I take it you never gave him credit or praised him for any great games he had afterwards since it was so expected of him? What about Josh Allen, do you think he is overpaid after the game he had yesterday against the Jaguars? Since you seem to be under the belief that no QB big paid big time money, should be receiving credit or praise for any great games or wins they have after their big contract has been signed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get how he wasn’t ready to play!
When we played the Bucks he hadn’t played a down in 10 months, no preseason to speak of and yet played well in that game and in the subsequent 5.
Now he has 3 weeks off and he’s not ready?
Did he look ready to play to you?

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im trying to figure out the criteria for being over or under paid.....other than Rogers or Brady all good QBs will eventually be overpaid once their contract comes up, it is whatever the market is willing to pay at the time.

jnday

Reaction score
I don't give him credit when he does well because it is EXPECTED.
I find it hilarious that a $40 million a year QB needs praising. When he makes that kind of money, outstanding play each and every game should not praised, it is expected. That contract eliminates the excuses that has been used over the last few years. I am not singling our Dak because DLaw, Cooper and Zeke signed contracts that eliminated excuses for poor play. If they can’t handle the pressure of playing up to their level of play, they didn’t deserve the contracts to start with.

jnday

Reaction score
If the QB's name isn't Brady or maybe Rodgers, who else can win without a team effort? Dak was miserable yesterday but he was no worse than Josh Allen, Matthew Stafford, Derek Carr, or Joe Burrow. Did any of them carry a struggling team on their back?
For the money that he is getting paid, he should be able to carry the team on his back, so should the other players that thought they hit the lottery when they signed those contracts. This is a business and like other businesses an employee’s level of job performance should meet his salary.

CWR

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

That's BS. Most of us have no issue giving due criticism. There are a dozen or so people here who only mention him to trash him. Dak looked terrible, as did his line, the wrs, and the defense.

When you take it up a notch and then talk about him like he hasn't been fantastic this year, is when most will point out the stupidity.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
That's BS. Most of us have no issue giving due criticism. There are a dozen or so people here who only mention him to trash him. Dak looked terrible, as did his line, the wrs, and the defense.

When you take it up a notch and then talk about him like he hasn't been fantastic this year, is when most will point out the stupidity.

He better play better next week is all ill say

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you danged realists would stop trying to pee on our parade, this wouldn't happen.

Instead of telling us we're down to one can of tuna in the lifeboat, it would be better to tell us "hey, we're having a lifeboat fishing tournament".

Realist: a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.

Prescott is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys for at least the next 3 years. Seems to me the realists have already accepted that and are dealing with that accordingly.

Disliking Prescott or liking him has nothing to do with being a realist, it has to do with accepting fact.