I find myself becoming less tolerant of others. How about you?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I can attest to the last part .... I just read this whole thread and it sounded like a bunch of grumpy old men angry at everything from the clouds to kids on their grass

I live in a semi-retirement area called Ocean Pines but it is really Ocean Whines..... we live where people vacation yet they are always bithcing about something stupid

All these things you guys are posting about are really petty but everyone is acting like they are major infractions...... seriously, the express lane at the grocery store and turn signals aren't big deals

But you guys have no problem ripping fat people, white trash, millennial and everyone else... so judgemental

I get in fights around here all the time because everyone wants to parse every word to play gotcha.... a lot of posters are very rude and condescending but act shocked when you give it back to them or stand up for yourself

the cliques around here make High School look like Pre-school..... grown men joining up to harass and intimidate other posters over nonsense.... the OP is right ....the tone and tenor of this site and just about every other facet of society has worsened but as the grown folk we need to set a better example

Point taken..... but its funny you should end your post by whining....o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I can attest to the last part .... I just read this whole thread and it sounded like a bunch of grumpy old men angry at everything from the clouds to kids on their grass

I live in a semi-retirement area called Ocean Pines but it is really Ocean Whines..... we live where people vacation yet they are always bithcing about something stupid

All these things you guys are posting about are really petty but everyone is acting like they are major infractions...... seriously, the express lane at the grocery store and turn signals aren't big deals

But you guys have no problem ripping fat people, white trash, millennial and everyone else... so judgemental

I get in fights around here all the time because everyone wants to parse every word to play gotcha.... a lot of posters are very rude and condescending but act shocked when you give it back to them or stand up for yourself

the cliques around here make High School look like Pre-school..... grown men joining up to harass and intimidate other posters over nonsense.... the OP is right ....the tone and tenor of this site and just about every other facet of society has worsened but as the grown folk we need to set a better example
Certain things of which you speak of are true,as being a long time 'lurker' of this site I was well aware of the 'gotcha' game and the merciless hounding that could occur from a misspoke or misstep on the ' big board' ,,, but darn it
BK13 when Prescott hit the scene those b.s. factors were just that,,,, b.s. factors.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Certain things of which you speak of are true,as being a long time 'lurker' of this site I was well aware of the 'gotcha' game and the merciless hounding that could occur from a misspoke or misstep on the ' big board' ,,, but darn it
BK13 when Prescott hit the scene those b.s. factors were just that,,,, b.s. factors
Lettuce pray that is true

roughneck266

Reaction score
You have "GET OFF MY LAWN!" syndrome. I have it too. I have been plodding around on this earth for the last 5 or 6 years holding back a strong urge to choke the living snot out of half the county I live in. Stopped watching the news, that helped quite a bit. If I ever get a job that doesn't have me locked up with 120 people for a month at a time, I might actually be a nice person again.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not surprising people feel that way. No one has any work ethic anymore. People can't seem to drive without looking at their ******* phone all the time. No such thing as common courtesy anymore. The list goes on. The world has changed immensely in the last 10-20 years. I just want to go to my cabin In the Adirondacks and be left the hell alone in the woods with my wife, dogs and my liquor cabinet.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not surprising people feel that way. No one has any work ethic anymore. People can't seem to drive without looking at their ******* phone all the time. No such thing as common courtesy anymore. The list goes on. The world has changed immensely in the last 10-20 years. I just want to go to my cabin In the Adirondacks and be left the hell alone in the woods with my wife, dogs and my liquor cabinet.

I was out there last weekend just driving around, beautiful place. We almost continued on to Niagara Falls but was still quite a ways away :(

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was out there last weekend just driving around, beautiful place. We almost continued on to Niagara Falls but was still quite a ways away :(

Outside of January, February & March... The rural part of New York State is one of the most beautiful areas of the country.
And you can actually enjoy the summer in New York without having to jump from air-conditioned place to air-conditioned place.

haleyrules

Reaction score

The dog and booze sound like a winning combination. Cabin in thr Adirondacks...nice.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Over the last couple years I've found myself being less tolerant of others– especially when I'm out & about. I have found myself fighting the urge to say things to others that wouldn't be typical for me.

I dunno... Is it old-age? Is it because over the last 15 years I've worked by myself?

I don't like the look. I don't want the urge.

Anyone else experience anything like that?
Every single day, Mike.

I want to choke to death people around me. Folks on their phones; ignorant comments I hear as I walk by and catch a glimpse of their phone convo; bad parents; teachers that are beneath me that tell me where my son stands.

A simple post. Yes, I'm tired of people. People that cry about what has gone wrong with them. People that have lived a sheltered life. People that have no idea.

It isn't old age, Mike, it's wisdom. Wisdom that has helped you realize how futile our society is. Our pathetic society.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You should've went if you've not been there yet,,, the mist from the falls will soak you after awhile,,, but maybe it was a good call on your end Dexter, Drudge report had something about raw sewage or chemical dump going over the falls recently.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You should've went if you've not been there yet,,, the mist from the falls will soak you after awhile,,, but maybe it was a good call on your end Dexter, Drudge report had something about raw sewage or chemical dump going over the falls recently.

We are going to go but we did not have any clothes with us or anything for the dogs. We would have had to stop and but some stuff, which isn't a problem......just limited timewise. We are shooting for next weekend though.