I fully expect Dak and the other 2 top players to receive extensions!

JBS

Reaction score
Well it is possible it works and Dak is comfortable with it. However, I think CD will hold out of camp and willing to miss a few games to get a deal done.
What do you mean it’s possible it works?

fivetwos

Reaction score
It says our team was obviously not as good as GM Jethro thought it was. Jethro thinks we have had a SB contender for the last 28 years.
Misevaluation has been a real problem forever.

No one around here seems to agree, as I’ve mentioned that I suspect much of it stems from the GM/s not being qualified in the first place, and doing things like asking assistant coaches how (insert name of random 5th round player) is progressing, and they of course pump sunshine. They aren’t going to be truthful in that case.

No need to sign expensive free agents if all their late round draft picks are on the way to stardom. The boss can’t be the least qualified person in the room.

Now it’s in rant mode but can’t help it lol….

What’s needed is someone in full charge that can be realistic about the talent on the roster, and realize that absolutely no one can nail every draft pick, and admit mistakes when they happen instead of quadrupling down. Wouldn’t hurt if Jerry would quit rewarding mediocre play while trying to sell his product, but that’s asking way too much.

MM isn’t a bad coach, but he isn’t great and certainly doesn’t have enough to overcome what has to be overcome in Dallas. I’m not sure who exactly would be.

Much like Campo was 5-11 three straight times, Garrett was 8-8 three straight times, MM was 12-5 three straight times but visibly unprepared and outschemed in the playoffs in all three of those years….they are what they are.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The QB who replaces Dak won't need or benefit from having one of the top WR's in the league?

The Cowboys are a better team with CeeDee on it rather than him not being on it.
So it better to sign CD to $35M+ and be 7-10 rather than 5-12? Yea, sign me up... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Misevaluation has been a real problem forever.

No one around here seems to agree, as I’ve mentioned that I suspect much of it stems from the GM/s not being qualified in the first place, and doing things like asking assistant coaches how (insert name of random 5th round player) is progressing, and they of course pump sunshine. They aren’t going to be truthful in that case.

No need to sign expensive free agents if all their late round draft picks are on the way to stardom. The boss can’t be the least qualified person in the room.

Now it’s in rant mode but can’t help it lol….

What’s needed is someone in full charge that can be realistic about the talent on the roster, and realize that absolutely no one can nail every draft pick, and admit mistakes when they happen instead of quadrupling down. Wouldn’t hurt if Jerry would quit rewarding mediocre play while trying to sell his product, but that’s asking way too much.

MM isn’t a bad coach, but he isn’t great and certainly doesn’t have enough to overcome what has to be overcome in Dallas. I’m not sure who exactly would be.

Much like Campo was 5-11 three straight times, Garrett was 8-8 three straight times, MM was 12-5 three straight times but visibly unprepared and outschemed in the playoffs in all three of those years….they are what they are.
We don't have Head Coaches in the sense that they can make decisions on their own. I am sure we are not the only team that way.

Parcells would talk about GM's wanting him to cook a gourmet meal after they did all the shopping.

I think GM Jethro is worse than that. When it comes to FA we don't even go shopping.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Your screaming to pay Dak and make him the highest paid QB in the league , for what ?

Then scream in the next breath , Why aren't they helping Dak .....
Not sure anyone is screaming for anything other than what the hell is the plan? Because no one has any idea what Jethro is doing.

Losing a top tier QB in their prime for a 3rd round Comp pick is significantly worse than the Amari Cooper trade and signing Gallup to a long term deal with a torn ACL.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
There were some rumbling around draft time that they were having issues with player agents. I know Dak's current agent always pushes for the top money, no matter if his client has to get paid elsewhere. Cowboys are known to cave to demands. I think that probably happens again or Dak decides to take a little less to remain with the team.
why not he's comfortable here, he says he has no issue going somewhere else, but this is home for him

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yep, which is one of the reasons behind the idea of not improving the roster. Why give Dak weapons to highlight his skillset.
Dallas cap is busted.

They can’t pay $$$$ for UFAs.

Daks mega millions contract is why it’s busted.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not sure anyone is screaming for anything other than what the hell is the plan? Because no one has any idea what Jethro is doing.

Losing a top tier QB in their prime for a 3rd round Comp pick is significantly worse than the Amari Cooper trade and signing Gallup to a long term deal with a torn ACL.
1 pro bowl since 2018 isn’t top tier.

One 1st place mvp vote isn’t a MVP qb.

He’s Kirk Cousins.

That’s why Lance is going to be our next QB1.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it better to sign CD to $35M+ and be 7-10 rather than 5-12?
No one knows how any game can turnout. So how did you get 7-10 or 5-12?

It makes no sense to take away the best offensive weapon the Cowboys have from a new QB. That isn't helping him that's hurting him.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dallas cap is busted.

They can’t pay $$$$ for UFAs.

Daks mega millions contract is why it’s busted.
Well it's not great and yes we've decided on the soft reset, but I bet if (and it's a big IF) say they got a reasonable extension sorted out, i'm sure Jerry would of acted differently this off season.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Is Kirk Cousins a top tier QB? Then neither is Dak. Because they are the same player.
Kirk is better. He’s more accurate and throws less interceptions. He’s also played on teams with average to bad defenses and put up decent numbers.

Motorola

Reaction score
Kirk is better. He’s more accurate and throws less interceptions. He’s also played on teams with average to bad defenses and put up decent numbers.
The 2024 season Atlanta is going to be interesting.
The majority of Falcons fans weren't thrilled with the Raheem Morris hire as HC; were perplexed on inking the very good-but not great 36 y.o. Kirk Cousins that very lucrative contract; and they became enraged when the team used their overall no. 8 pick in the draft to select Micheal Penix Jr.
GM Terry Fontenot is on the hot seat.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you all, but the quarterback most likely to lose his spot due to a strong summer by Trey Lance is Cooper Rush, not Dak.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
why not he's comfortable here, he says he has no issue going somewhere else, but this is home for him
Think Dak is the type of player that allows his agent to do his job. If he wants to set the market, let's see if the Cowboys blink.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I also agree w this. This is why I think they’re playing it by ear.
I don't think Cowboys have an major issue with his performance, it's all about having him accept a contract that they are comfortable with moving forward.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
There is literally nothing the Cowboys could do that would lose them relevance at this point.

They're great? They get talked about as "is this finally the year"?

They suck? 'HAHAHA the Cowboys suck!"

They're average? "HA! Same ole Cowboys just being the Cowboys".
Nobody cared about the Cowboys when they were a losing team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Two or three years ago I would have thought he wanted to play his entire career as a Cowboy but he recently mentioned being prepared to play for another team. He also recently admitted to having more input/knowledge about the team and his next contract than the current one he signed. So I think he is going for the biggest payday he can get knowing this could be his last crack of max value....that's here, fine, if not, so be it.
It's going to become a game of chicken, will the Cowboys cave to his agent's demands or will they have a strict point they won't succeed. Honestly, with Jerry still here, cannot see him leaving, but if it was up to Stephen he would of been already gone.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't think Cowboys have a major issue with his performance, it's all about having him accept a contract that they are comfortable with moving forward.
Well if they’re going to pay him top of the market money then they might as well do it now