I got punched!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Idgit;3999118 said:
Yep. Hard to say what the old guy did or didn't understand, but I don't dispute that if there was an actual assault, it was by the old guy. We both know that what's legal and what's appropriate aren't always the same thing. Just because you have a legal right to be a dick, you're not compelled to exercise it.
They're not always the same thing. In this case, what's legal happens to be more objective than what's appropriate.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That joke would of been funny when I was 10 years old, not 20 something.

Cant blame the old redneck for sticking up for his wife, even though he punched like a girl.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
peplaw06;3999564 said:
Is there something else that has escaped your comprehension? I'm stunned.

Oh Lord. Are you here to tell us how you don't understand procedure again? To answer your question, no, nothing has escaped from anywhere and I was just browsing and so very happy to see you chiming in nonsense.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3999593 said:
Oh Lord. Are you here to tell us how you don't understand procedure again? To answer your question, no, nothing has escaped from anywhere and I was just browsing and so very happy to see you chiming in nonsense.
Care to point out how it was nonsense? Please, baffle me with the knowledge of a 1L. Or are you just talking out your *** again?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
peplaw06;3999778 said:
Care to point out how it was nonsense? Please, baffle me with the knowledge of a 1L. Or are you just talking out your *** again?

3L, thank you. And I guess it's just me who perceives it as sort of nonsense that you take it upon yourself to be the legal guide around here. But no one really asked you.

Even funnier is how often you really make me, and I think others, wonder why you do this. Because I've not seen anything other than obvious legal points then taken into your context and morphed something you construe as your keen understanding of the "the law".

I just keep seeing these quasi legal points you keep making and they really are quite shallow in some areas, particularly in terms of realism. Most board members are capable of making these same points and distinctions.

In any case, I'm cheerfully looking forward your 1L insults and even more your next blunder in understanding procedures of criminal courts or any other proceeding. Because it's a hoot to watch.

If you have an area of law, stick to it.... bouncing around from topics you know little about doesn't behoove you're impulsive need to provide legal insight with every single post.

We get it. You're a lawyer.

Like that guy on TMZ.

Just from an outsiders perspective, it seems you view others looking down your nose...and at the same time, I'd be surprised if you managed any sort of decent rating from your peers on Martindale, assuming you felt it righteous to pay the fees.

Again, this isn't just based on the fact that i'm a 3L at a top school. But also has to do with the fact that my job is set up once I'm done because I have friends who have been doing this for 12-13 years.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. I just get tired of reading hey, look at me, ima lawyer ...on a football board.

Take it for what it's worth.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
OK, back to the issue at hand. I think the guy is classless. And I think violence is the appropriate cause of action in some case. I think this is one of those cases simply because he wasn't going to hurt him and if anything maybe helped Jack rethink future ethical guidelines he may set out so that Jack doesn't get attacked again.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3999797 said:
3L, thank you. And I guess it's just me who perceives it as sort of nonsense that you take it upon yourself to be the legal guide around here. But no one really asked you.
I really don't care if you asked me or not. If I feel like someone is trying to make a point that I believe needs clarification or correction, I may choose to speak up. If I didn't speak up sometimes, the masses would be misled by your routine botching of elementary legal concepts because of your lack of knowledge.

Even funnier is how often you really make me, and I think others, wonder why you do this. Because I've not seen anything other than obvious legal points then taken into your context and morphed something you construe as your keen understanding of the "the law".

I just keep seeing these quasi legal points you keep making and they really are quite shallow in some areas, particularly in terms of realism. Most board members are capable of making these same points and distinctions.
That's because most of the time, the obvious and shallow legal points are the ones that escape you. I can't help that.

On topic, do you really feel the need to get into a deep legal discussion about whether a fake fart is an assault?? Sorry, I don't.

In any case, I'm cheerfully looking forward your 1L insults and even more your next blunder in understanding procedures of criminal courts or any other proceeding. Because it's a hoot to watch.
Try to keep me out of your fantasies. Thanks in advance.

If you have an area of law, stick to it.... bouncing around from topics you know little about doesn't behoove you're impulsive need to provide legal insight with every single post.
:rolleyes:

ad hominem

We get it. You're a lawyer.
I didn't bring it up, you did. Maybe you'll get there someday. I'll look for you in the courtroom. Always willing to smack down a sucker in court.

Just from an outsiders perspective, it seems you view others looking down your nose...and at the same time, I'd be surprised if you managed any sort of decent rating from your peers on Martindale, assuming you felt it righteous to pay the fees.
Just from an outsiders perspective, you seem to be envious of people who clearly have superior knowledge to you.

I don't look down my nose at you any more than I looked down my nose at my little brother cause I was just bigger than him. I just put him in his place and moved on. It's not my fault you waded into waters that are too deep.

Again, this isn't just based on the fact that i'm a 3L at a top school. But also has to do with the fact that my job is set up once I'm done because I have friends who have been doing this for 12-13 years.
You should really stop bragging about that stuff. It doesn't help. I don't feel the need to talk about my "top school" or my friends who are in the business, unless I'm asked directly. I don't have to prop up my thoughts with my "qualifications." My words speak for themselves.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. I just get tired of reading hey, look at me, ima lawyer ...on a football board.
Again, I never said that.

Take it for what it's worth.
Oh I will.

http://www.reclusland.com/compass/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/312d75a985169b2169055c4d28429e34.jpg

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I was expecting something like epic beard man part 2.
Gotta love the pooter.
Call him the amber lamps.
:laugh2:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3999797 said:
I just get tired of reading hey, look at me, ima lawyer ...on a football board.

Hey, look at me! I'm a lawyer.

Not really. But I can pretend to be one if you so desire.:D

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;3999817 said:
I was expecting something like epic beard man part 2.
Gotta love the pooter.
Call him the amber lamps.
:laugh2:

Yes Amber Lamps is here

http://img121.*************/img121/8441/23699132463711064110722.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;3999567 said:
They're not always the same thing. In this case, what's legal happens to be more objective than what's appropriate.

It usually is. Though I gather we disagree significantly here about what was appropriate. It's not really all that subjective in my book. Just don't be a dick to old, disabled women, and then there won't be a mystery over whether or not what you're doing is appropriate.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Idgit;3999845 said:
It usually is. Though I gather we disagree significantly here about what was appropriate. It's not really all that subjective in my book. Just don't be a dick to old, disabled women, and then there won't be a mystery over whether or not what you're doing is appropriate.
I didn't say what the kid did was appropriate. It was a prank. Pranks aren't always appropriate. But it sure as hell wasn't appropriate for the old man to fly off the handle and take two swings at the guy after it was made clear to him that it wasn't real. And if I had to make a decision on whose actions were less appropriate, it would be the old man's.

Doing something to someone that is inappropriate but not illegal, does not give that person the right to retaliate in an illegal manner. The only problem I have in this thread is with those who are championing the old man for assaulting the kid.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
peplaw06;3999952 said:
I didn't say what the kid did was appropriate. It was a prank. Pranks aren't always appropriate. But it sure as hell wasn't appropriate for the old man to fly off the handle and take two swings at the guy after it was made clear to him that it wasn't real. And if I had to make a decision on whose actions were less appropriate, it would be the old man's.

Doing something to someone that is inappropriate but not illegal, does not give that person the right to retaliate in an illegal manner. The only problem I have in this thread is with those who are championing the old man for assaulting the kid.

Kid? if that man actually worked or did something more productive than be a poor mans Johnny Knoxville, he'd less likely be the victim you like to pretend he is.

As for legalism, it's the problem. If this isn't a good enough case, I don't what is. Legalism puts the advantage in the hands of the scumbag and forces the victim to be on his heels in reacting to said scumbag. The degradation of a society isn't people reacting naturally to idle losers, it's idle losers themselves, putting normal people in the unfortunate position of having to react to them in any way.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
vta;4000019 said:
Kid? if that man actually worked or did something more productive than be a poor mans Johnny Knoxville, he'd less likely be the victim you like to pretend he is.
I just said kid for brevity's sake. Sorry to offend you.

And he's the victim of an assault. Like it or not.

As for legalism, it's the problem. If this isn't a good enough case, I don't what is. Legalism puts the advantage in the hands of the scumbag and forces the victim to be on his heels in reacting to said scumbag. The degradation of a society isn't people reacting naturally to idle losers, it's idle losers themselves, putting normal people in the unfortunate position of having to react to them in any way.
So the natural reaction to a prank is to assault the pranker? Good grief.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I cannot believe people are going to these extremes to defend a guy who picks on old women.

Of course looking at who it is I should not be surprised.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
peplaw06;4000098 said:
I just said kid for brevity's sake. Sorry to offend you.

And he's the victim of an assault. Like it or not.

So the natural reaction to a prank is to assault the pranker? Good grief.

:lmao2:

Yeah, kid, man... :/
And yeah, obviously some people do react that way naturally, so maybe we should not pretend they don't exist and 1. generally deal with people on a more respectful level and have less chance of such a reaction, or 2. take what you get when you ignore sound reasoning. Pretty simple.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3999822 said:
Hey, look at me! I'm a lawyer.

Not really. But I can pretend to be one if you so desire.:D

Sup Skip? And yeah, pretend. Like what I learned roaming Parlin Hall to me.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
zrinkill;4000103 said:
I cannot believe people are going to these extremes to defend a guy who picks on old women.

Of course looking at who it is I should not be surprised.

It's clearly exploiting the elderly, while not severely, for humor's sake. It's not cool. If anything the dude should look at the film and know he's got that big house from being a prankster. He doesn't need to pick on wheelchair-ridden people to get a laugh and sell a fake, pocket farter.

I usually disagree with you, Zrin. But we see eye to eye here.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
vta;4000104 said:
:lmao2:

Yeah, kid, man... :/
And yeah, obviously some people do react that way naturally, so maybe we should not pretend they don't exist and 1. generally deal with people on a more respectful level and have less chance of such a reaction, or 2. take what you get when you ignore sound reasoning. Pretty simple.

Hey VTA. Long time, it seems, since I last said hello. You doing well?