I got punched!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4000548 said:
Sup Skip?

Not much. You?

Regarding this board, I can be confident in saying this: I've never seen so many lawyers in one place. :D

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4000566 said:
Not much. You?

Regarding this board, I can be confident in saying this: I've never seen so many lawyers in one place. :D

I'm pretending you didn't just say that. :D But yes, it's a story we hear quite often around here.

Ima lawyer.

I wonder how many shoe men or teachers are on board?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
zrinkill;4000103 said:
I cannot believe people are going to these extremes to defend a guy who picks on old women.

Of course looking at who it is I should not be surprised.
I see reading comprehension has once again eluded you.

Of course looking at who it is I should not be surprised.

vta;4000104 said:
:lmao2:

Yeah, kid, man... :/
And yeah, obviously some people do react that way naturally, so maybe we should not pretend they don't exist and 1. generally deal with people on a more respectful level and have less chance of such a reaction, or 2. take what you get when you ignore sound reasoning. Pretty simple.
I was referring to the old man vs. young man.... cause, y'know, they're both men. Obviously I didn't think it was a child. But he's clearly immature, so the kid moniker fits, no?

Being disrespectful does not mean you get assaulted. Especially after you're contrite and apologetic to the disrespected party. It was a prank, it wasn't something personal.

I guess Tom Cruise would have been excused if he had punched the guy who played a gag on him when the microphone squirted water on him? Personally, I think that's a lot more offensive than hearing a weird sound.

I can't believe this is even an issue with some of you.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
peplaw06;4000638 said:
I was referring to the old man vs. young man.... cause, y'know, they're both men. Obviously I didn't think it was a child. But he's clearly immature, so the kid moniker fits, no?

Being disrespectful does not mean you get assaulted. Especially after you're contrite and apologetic to the disrespected party. It was a prank, it wasn't something personal.

I guess Tom Cruise would have been excused if he had punched the guy who played a gag on him when the microphone squirted water on him? Personally, I think that's a lot more offensive than hearing a weird sound.

I can't believe this is even an issue with some of you.

It's not an issue. I said from the top, it's funny on both ends and all's well that ends well. No need to introduce unprofitable legalism.

It's a perfectly encapsulated event, as insignificant as it is. He's an *** of a man, his *** actions caused a reaction and it's solved. The cops shouldn't even have been called.

The micro-scrutiny of a fart joke gone awry is revealing quite an ironic bit of psychology veering off into all sorts of metaphors and theories of what could happen if we don't check this kind of behavior.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
peplaw06;4000638 said:
I see reading comprehension has once again eluded you.

Nope ...... I can see the type of people you defend on here all the time.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
peplaw06;4000638 said:
I

[youtube]WCdK25VAhq4[/youtube]
Yes, I agree. That prankster should spend eternity in Scientology Hell. :laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
vta;4000688 said:
It's not an issue. I said from the top, it's funny on both ends and all's well that ends well. No need to introduce unprofitable legalism.
It's become an issue through the posts in this thread. There's no excuse for either guy's actions in the video.

It's a perfectly encapsulated event, as insignificant as it is. He's an *** of a man, his *** actions caused a reaction and it's solved. The cops shouldn't even have been called.
How do you know it's an encapsulated event? The cops were called. Do you know whether they arrested someone? An arrest could cause charges to be filed. Wouldn't be an encapsulated event then. And certainly wouldn't be insignificant.

The micro-scrutiny of a fart joke gone awry is revealing quite an ironic bit of psychology veering off into all sorts of metaphors and theories of what could happen if we don't check this kind of behavior.
I guess we just disagree on how to "check this kind of behavior."

zrinkill;4000747 said:
Nope ...... I can see the type of people you defend on here all the time.
You can deny it all you want. All evidence points to the conclusion that you literally cannot read words and understand what they mean, without putting your own spin on it and making **** up. You should probably go back through this thread and count the number of times where I said the kid was immature, acting inappropriately, and was disrespectful. How exactly is that defending someone again? But because I refuse to excuse the old man's actions, you confuse that with defending the kid. News flash. Those are not the same positions. But you're not good at discerning that. Probably the understatement of the year on my part there.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
peplaw06;4000850 said:
It's become an issue through the posts in this thread. There's no excuse for either guy's actions in the video.

How do you know it's an encapsulated event? The cops were called. Do you know whether they arrested someone? An arrest could cause charges to be filed. Wouldn't be an encapsulated event then. And certainly wouldn't be insignificant.

Peppy, if you cared to watch the entire thing, at the end it says, "Jack did not press charges." This was in the video. I would assume that meant Jack had knowledge that neither he nor the police pressed any charges against the old many for anything...not even assault by offensive contact...nada.

Jeepers, read, will you at least know the whole story before you give us all this quasi-legal insight?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
peplaw06;4000850 said:
All evidence points to the conclusion that you literally cannot read words and understand what they mean, without putting your own spin on it and making **** up. You should probably go back through this thread and count the number of times where I said the kid was immature, acting inappropriately, and was disrespectful. How exactly is that defending someone again? But because I refuse to excuse the old man's actions, you confuse that with defending the kid. News flash. Those are not the same positions. But you're not good at discerning that. Probably the understatement of the year on my part there.

:laugh2:

:hammer:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4000856 said:
Peppy, if you cared to watch the entire thing, at the end it says, "Jack did not press charges." This was in the video. I would assume that meant Jack had knowledge that neither he nor the police pressed any charges against the old many for anything...not even assault by offensive contact...nada.
I didn't watch the video all the way through. My main point remains though. Charges could have been pressed, because the old man assaulted the young guy. Nothing the guy did justifies the old man taking the law into his own hands.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
peplaw06;4000901 said:
I didn't watch the video all the way through. My main point remains though. Charges could have been pressed, because the old man assaulted the young guy. Nothing the guy did justifies the old man taking the law into his own hands.

Okie dokie, Peppy. You're point remains...useless.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
peplaw06;4000850 said:
You can deny it all you want.

As can you ..... be it an immature punk who deserves to get hit, a killer who tortures and rapes teenage girls, or a mother who kills her own child ...... you are always there to defend them.

Everlastingxxx;4000894 said:

That *** will never heal apparently.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3998237 said:
He deserved to be punched.

But why was the guy riding in a scooter when he could clearly get around well?

That is one of my pet peeves!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
zrinkill;4001143 said:
As can you ..... be it an immature punk who deserves to get hit, a killer who tortures and rapes teenage girls, or a mother who kills her own child ...... you are always there to defend them.
I never defended any of the above. I'd love for you to try to point out where I did. Bring it.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
zrinkill;4001143 said:

That *** will never heal apparently.

Don't kid yourself, Zrin. He wouldn't even know what he could or could not say in an opening statement. Look up simple criminal procedure in a criminal trial, then go back to the Casey A. thread... you can see either he missed criminal law and/or procedure. Or, more likely, he's a behind the screen lawyer...not a behind the scenes lawyer.

:)