I hate that we are playing for something

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I picture this when I read the OP:

ElectricDecisiveBudgie-size_restricted.gif

bb721

Reaction score
We struggled today barely beating the worse defense in the league.

Feel free to call me the grammar police as I am sure some of you will, I couldn’t care less. It’s the WORST, not the worse. If you did it once in the post I most likely wouldn’t even have noticed. Twice, I probably would have had a twitch in my eye but still let it go. Three times in the same post? I know that I’m old school, but being articulate, spelling correctly, using punctuation and understanding the correct usage of the right word still has meaning to me and it seems like it’s becoming a lost art.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You beat me to the punch. We’ve won so many NFC East titles in our storied franchise history. I’ve had hope in every single one going into the playoffs. Even a couple years ago despite the clapper still being at the helm. Once again he was what he was....a mediocre coach. This year is the first exception for hope. Our offensive woes with a below avg.QB, antique offensive/defensive coordinators and the clapper still at the helm only means one thing...the return of status quo for next year. Maybe Linehan goes...who knows but with Dak and Clapper and JJ in charge we’re going no where with nothing to look forward to. I’m at an all time 52 year low and this is after winning the east. Bah humbug!

Too many of our fans are in denial about this for sure.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Tampa leads the league in passing yardage

Their downfall has been turnovers which they committed today....

Ive said it before without those 35+ turnovers they have they would be 12-2
If they didn't committ all those turnovers, they wouldn't have to throw so much to get back in games either, or if they could rush better, they wouldn't have so many INTs. Or basically if they were a better team, they might have a better record. If Jameis hadn't eaten all those "W's" before games, maybe he wouldn't have been so full and actually gotten some more "W's" on the field.

5.gif

TheHerd

Reaction score
We just best the Saints and Eagles in our place in games that mattered. Anyone who thinks we came win in the first round at home doesn't see this team clearly. Yes, we have warts. But we can do this.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Dont worry the cowboys will do just that in the playoffs to themselves and then you will be here crying about how bad dak, linehan, Garrett, Moore is.

Stick your chest out now, cry later.

I've seen it all before!
So you choose to cry now instead? OK.

I'd rather enjoy the good times, and if bad times arrive, so be it. Won't whine and cry the entire time until they happen.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Feel free to call me the grammar police as I am sure some of you will, I couldn’t care less. It’s the WORST, not the worse. If you did it once in the post I most likely wouldn’t even have noticed. Twice, I probably would have had a twitch in my eye but still let it go. Three times in the same post? I know that I’m old school, but being articulate, spelling correctly, using punctuation and understanding the correct usage of the right word still has meaning to me and it seems like it’s becoming a lost art.

You are clearly responding to the wrong poster who has bashed you previously for doing exactly what you are doing now.

Doing it all wrong.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We struggled today barely beating the worse defense in the league. We also got out yarded to make things worse.

Some of you may bash me and say I'm ungrateful and we won, but you are really BSing yourselves if you think we will even win a home playoff game with these flaws.

This is probably the worse winning season I have ever experienced.

Seriously the situation the cowboys are in right now is like being on Death Row, and knowing that in 3 weeks you will take your final walk to the electric chair to seal your fate.

And I haven't even gotten to the thought of extending a disappointing Dak and lack of firing Garrett which is the real problem that needs to be taken care of.

This team didnt prove to us nothing today against a team with the worse defense. All it proved is that they will more than likely lose to any of the bottom teams in the post season.
Hhmmmm...

Overreacting here a bit, no?

I think this team has accomplished alot over the season.

As the youngest team in the league...

these guys gain alot of experience to draw on they did not have at the start of the season.

Hang around.

You maybe surprised here.

GenoT

Reaction score
That’s been lost somewhere over the years. Remember when that was the only goal.
Ever-so-slowly, season-by-season, the bar has been lowered.

I don’t really blame the youngest fans who have never experienced a Cowboys team that was a perennial contender, and who don’t know better than to accept a one-and-done playoff team as representing a successful season.

But for us oldtimers, just making the postseason should never be a goal. Rather that it should be viewed as the beginning of a championship push.

bb721

Reaction score
You are clearly responding to the wrong poster who has bashed you previously for doing exactly what you are doing now.

Doing it all wrong.
No, I am responding to you, and you only. Is that clear enough?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
We struggled today barely beating the worse defense in the league. We also got out yarded to make things worse.

Some of you may bash me and say I'm ungrateful and we won, but you are really BSing yourselves if you think we will even win a home playoff game with these flaws.

Seriously the situation the cowboys are in right now is like being on Death Row, and knowing that in 3 weeks you will take your final walk to the electric chair to seal your fate.

And I haven't even gotten to the thought of extending a disappointing Dak and lack of firing Garrett which is the real problem that needs to be taken care of.

This team didnt prove to us nothing today against a team with the worse defense. All it proved is that they will more than likely lose to any of the bottom teams in the post season.
:thumbdown:

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
If they didn't committ all those turnovers, they wouldn't have to throw so much to get back in games either, or if they could rush better, they wouldn't have so many INTs. Or basically if they were a better team, they might have a better record. If Jameis hadn't eaten all those "W's" before games, maybe he wouldn't have been so full and actually gotten some more "W's" on the field.

5.gif

I love how the other players are all looking at him like "What is he doing?" :laugh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

These guys could probably use a few more fans.

580b585b2edbce24c47b2b0b.png

TWOK11

Reaction score
We have no more flaws than the Vikings, Bears, Eagles or Seahawks have. The Rams defense is every bit as big of a problem as our offense is.

I don’t see us beating NO in the dome, but everyone else is very flawed.

pitt33

Reaction score
Thats where I am. I am 48, buried a friend last weekend. Faather died in July.... Aunt died thursday. The nfl is about fun, and Im traveling with friends and family to the playoff game and I want to win .. badly, but I am goingto have a great time no matter what leading up to the game. We have playoffs to look forward to... many do not.
Hang in there pal and have a great time at the game.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
You’d think a fan base that hasn’t tasted any sort of success for 20+ years would cherish the chance to still be alive for playoff football. At least we’ve got a shot, as remote as it may be.

morat1959

Reaction score
Ever-so-slowly, season-by-season, the bar has been lowered.

I don’t really blame the youngest fans who have never experienced a Cowboys team that was a perennial contender, and who don’t know better than to accept a one-and-done playoff team as representing a successful season.

But for us oldtimers, just making the postseason should never be a goal. Rather that it should be viewed as the beginning of a championship push.

Well said from one ole (long) timer to another.