I hope no one is truly panicking over these day one FA defections

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
the players lost are no big deal.
what was lost was the opportunity to improve.
instead, we continue to wait for our turn to shop in the garbage heap looking for a bargain.
It was day one man. I would expect your post to carry more relevance in like May. But right now... We are executing the plan.

robjay04

Reaction score
Nothing like taking a weakness, making it more weak, then expecting one draft with seven picks to fix it.

I can't argue with your point but it is still early.

I believe the team thinks the scheme itself is more important than the level of talent. It's hard to argue considering most of us felt our defense has been severely lacking talent for at least 5 years or more.

Force teams to have long drives, knowing that they will eventually make a mistake on a 3rd down and have to punt or settle for 3 all while keeping the pressure on them offensively. That works unless you are going against elite quarterbacks(Ben, Rodgers). I am guessing the coaching staff feels they can continue to play that way.

LittleD

Reaction score
the players lost are no big deal.
what was lost was the opportunity to improve.
instead, we continue to wait for our turn to shop in the garbage heap looking for a bargain.

Take a few days off and come back to the board say next Thursday or Friday. Then you will see McClay and Stephen
work their magic and there will be some signing that will start to fill in needed holes. This happens every year now.
The old way of blowing big money on marginal players is a thing of the past. If you don't want to come along for the ride then,
Cleveland or Jacksonville should be your team to root for.

Sydla

Reaction score
In reality we lost some decent but not great players.

But nevertheless, holes were created and there could be a few more holes coming if Claiborne bolts and possibly Carr.

You can't just assume that all the holes will get filled by draft picks. If that's what the front office is banking on, that's a mistake and the team that takes the field in 2017 would likely be worse than the one that ended the season in 2016.

I'd like to see our names linked with a couple of FAs here but other than Ware, we seem to have forgotten free agency has even started.

LittleD

Reaction score
Okay so what do we need right now to get going for the year?
DL Yes we will draft a DE in this draft and with Tapper coming back we can start the summer.
DL Yes, we probably need another DT but, there are some still available and the draft has some.
LB We have some pretty good ones but, we might find one late in the 6th or 7th round.
CB Broadus thinks there are great CB's to be had all the way thru the 1st 3 rounds of this year's draft.
S We currently have 3 on the roster and I bet we get one in the draft or FA

Okay..no need to panic. We will have 90 players on the squad by summer and we will fill some holes...
Have another cup of coffee and let's be patient to see what happens with Romo today.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Take a few days off and come back to the board say next Thursday or Friday. Then you will see McClay and Stephen
work their magic and there will be some signing that will start to fill in needed holes. This happens every year now.
The old way of blowing big money on marginal players is a thing of the past. If you don't want to come along for the ride then,
Cleveland or Jacksonville should be your team to root for.

so you were right and they are not going to go all in.
i dont agree with it but i am just a fan.
if mcclay can find players in the garbage pile, i suspect he would have done just fine picking from the top fas.

aria

Reaction score
Our defense was the textbook definition of atrocious last year. No?
You people blow my mind. So the #1 defense against the run and 14th overall defense is considered atrocious? Seriously? Unfortunately I think most of you who think losing these pkayers is no big deal are in for a rude wake up call.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
In reality we lost some decent but not great players.

But nevertheless, holes were created and there could be a few more holes coming if Claiborne bolts and possibly Carr.

You can't just assume that all the holes will get filled by draft picks. If that's what the front office is banking on, that's a mistake and the team that takes the field in 2017 would likely be worse than the one that ended the season in 2016.

I'd like to see our names linked with a couple of FAs here but other than Ware, we seem to have forgotten free agency has even started.
Again. One day of FA has passed. You will see plenty of action in the next two weeks. Now that the fire sale is over...

waldoputty

Reaction score
It was day one man. I would expect your post to carry more relevance in like May. But right now... We are executing the plan.

day 1 but the 80% of the best players are gone.
and no sign of them chasing the remainder.
so the best we can hope for is finding a couple mayowa type rotation players.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Points allowed, the Cowboys were rated 5th last season. Ranked #1 defending the run.
Points allowed, the Cowboys were rated 5th last season. Ranked #1 defending the run.
You people blow my mind. So the #1 defense against the run and 14th overall defense is considered atrocious? Seriously? Unfortunately I think most of you who think losing these pkayers is no big deal are in for a rude wake up call.
Hahahahaha!

Please don't insult my intelligence with meaningless stats. That defense was a train wreck and I find it funny that some of us are stressing over change.

waldoputty

Reaction score

i hate the fact we are not improving.
but they can easily replace those players next week.
the defense was 14th but lets get real about the fact that the offense carried the defense.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
so you were right and they are not going to go all in.
i dont agree with it but i am just a fan.
if mcclay can find players in the garbage pile, i suspect he would have done just fine picking from the top fas.
Too much money flying around day one sir.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
day 1 but the 80% of the best players are gone.
and no sign of them chasing the remainder.
so the best we can hope for is finding a couple mayowa type rotation players.
Yes. All is lost. I hear you bro.