I hope no one is truly panicking over these day one FA defections

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
we can readily 3-tier players from 3-tier finds in the garbage heap.
mcclay can definitely do that.
if you want to win a superbowl, that is just not the way to do it.
Says who? Says you? Oh OK... Explain to me what the Pats do.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
i hate the fact we are not improving.
but they can easily replace those players next week.
the defense was 14th but lets get real about the fact that the offense carried the defense.

Didn't carry the run defense which was #1. Or our defense in the redzone, which was pretty good. Of course our run d was skewed a little by not facing a bunch of elite rb's. But still, #1 isn't atrocious (as Bleu Star says)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This team went 13-3 year with all of these same "3-tier players" on the team. Again I ask, who have they lost that cannot be replaced?
They can't answer the question. I already figured that one out.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We only have 8.5mil cap space right now and I think they are in no hurry to create more. Yes, they can sign a few deals
over the next 3 or 4 weeks as long as they don't go crazy. They will have lots of cap space next year and can create
some signing bonus' that shove money to later. They just are not going to overpay average players. Stephen has said
that 2 years in a row and no one on this board seems to listen. No sense in getting upset since they have told you their
plan. Stick with it or find another team to root for.
Once Romo is gone, the real FA activity will begin. Print that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really wanted Claiborne back but he looks like he might get paid a bit. Maybe Baltimore will pass. I'll take Carr back at this point.

Carr gives them a measure of stability during their transition, and I think that's important to them. I just hope they don't overpay the guy - again!

Honestly, I want no part of Ware. Wait out Sheard or Peppers. Both are much better (granted will likely get paid more too).

I can't blame you, but I think he ends up being their choice when all things shake out. Sheard will get paid, and I think Peppers will either stay in Green Bay or go back to Carolina when all is said and done. And I think both Ware and the Cowboys like the idea of a return.

LittleD

Reaction score
that is not true.
there were not just average players available.

we can easily open up 13m by just restructuring tcrawford and dez, so that is no argument for lack of cap space.

people play possum all the time so i would never believe everything the FO says.
what is disappointing is that the FO is essentially laying down for 2017 and probably for 2018.
yes the offense will give it a great effort.
but the defense will come up short again.
unless we get real lucky with a rookie passrusher.

Why create cap if what's available are average players according to McClay and you would have to pay a big price here on the
second day of FA. Why not wait till next week to get that average player at a much reduced price. They obviously don't see anyone
out there right now they just have to have.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The team's definition of "better" differs from yours. They're not destroying their cap for average players.

at least 1 probowl fa - may be more.
you can call them average all you want.
the fact is that the FO laid down for 2017

aria

Reaction score
Hahahahaha!

Please don't insult my intelligence with meaningless stats. That defense was a train wreck and I find it funny that some of us are stressing over change.
Stats don't lie. Secondary horrendous? Absolutely but please enlighten me how 14th overall is atrocious or #1 against the run? Oh wait, those are just meaningless stats.

Do you classify Zeke and Daks as meaningless as well or do you only use stats when it's convenient or supports your view point?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Why create cap if what's available are average players according to McClay and you would have to pay a big price here on the
second day of FA. Why not wait till next week to get that average player at a much reduced price. They obviously don't see anyone
out there right now they just have to have.

mcclay can find rotation players for low prices - that is value.
the fact is we have plenty of rotation players.
he could probably pick a rotation cb next week.

that does not get the team over the hump.
so we would have to pray that they can repeat their draft performance in 2016.
if not, they have given up on 2017.

LittleD

Reaction score
mcclay can find rotation players for low prices - that is value.
the fact is we have plenty of rotation players.
he could probably pick a rotation cb next week.

that does not get the team over the hump.
so we would have to pray that they can repeat their draft performance in 2016.
if not, they have given up on 2017.

We haven't got our 90 players yet. We have a couple of defensive players coming back from injury. We will be clearing lots
of cap when Romo departs. Some are already giving up and we haven't even been to TC yet. Geez!

visionary

Reaction score
that is not true.
there were not just average players available.

we can easily open up 13m by just restructuring tcrawford and dez, so that is no argument for lack of cap space.

people play possum all the time so i would never believe everything the FO says.
what is disappointing is that the FO is essentially laying down for 2017 and probably for 2018.
yes the offense will give it a great effort.
but the defense will come up short again.
unless we get real lucky with a rookie passrusher.

Watch these same guys tell us the same thing they've been hanging their hat on for the last 6 years, how "we're building a team" when we struggle this year

Like sheep to the slaughter these fans are why Jerry and Jason can make idiotic decisions again and again and they just close their eyes and pretend like "all is going to be good"

waldoputty

Reaction score
Once Romo is gone, the real FA activity will begin. Print that.

we do not need the cap space from romo to sign fas.
the fas that the fo is targeting dont cost that much.
they can easily restructure tcrawford and dez for 13m
if the money is not used up, it rolls over to 2018.
they are simply waiting for the price to go down after the best FAs are signed and most of the $ that would be spent be spent.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Watch these same guys tell us the same thing they've been hanging their hat on for the last 6 years, how "we're building a team" when we struggle this year

Like sheep to the slaughter these fans are why Jerry and Jason can make idiotic decisions again and again and they just close their eyes and pretend like "all is going to be good"

it is like our OL is so good that any RB can run behind it.
that is true, but any RB could not maximize the benefit of it.
one year later, oops, we screwed up and drafted zeke.