I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The solution for Zika, malaria etc is coming - To Fight Malaria, Scientists Try Genetic Engineering To Wipe Out Mosquitoes
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ry-genetic-engineering-to-wipe-out-mosquitoes
What makes these insects unusual is the way Hammond and his colleagues are modifying them. They're using a particularly potent type of genetic engineering called a "gene drive." These are sequences of DNA produced in the laboratory that defy the usual rules of genetics.

"These gene drives, they're able to copy themselves. So instead of half of the offspring inheriting the gene drive, almost all of them do," Hammond says. In other words, these DNA sequences drive a desired genetic change through subsequent generations. But a gene drive is
designed to spread — and to spread quickly.

The technology is so powerful that Hammond and his colleagues are hopeful they can do something humanity has been trying to do for decades: Wipe out malaria. Hammond's team is genetically engineering the
Anopheles gambiae mosquito, which is the primary species that spreads the malaria parasite. Nearly all of the offspring of the modified mosquitoes inherit mutations that knock out the genes females need to make eggs.
"If we can sterilize the females," he says, we "can actually eliminate a whole mosquito population without affecting those mosquitoes that don't have the capability to transmit malaria."
THE SOLUTION FER' TO MANY CHINAMEN IS COMING THIS SPRING LABELED HNV-42,,,COURTESY OF DARPA,,,o_O

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I really miss Haley and I don’t like this. I just don’t like this
Me too luv. I really didn't think he was THAT stubborn not to come back as he told me he would on the other site.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Backatcha handsome. Wanted to ask, how was the beer garden/clubbing in Atlantic City?
I cancelled it. If i would have went there i would have probably dropped 2 to 3k over the course of 3 nights. Instead of giving them my cash for nothing, me and my brother booked a trip to Rome November 4th to 13th instead. Two things i'm concerned about now is that i see via the net that it rains a lot in Rome during November (praying for good weather). Other thing is i will be missing two Cowboy games Titans is a Monday night game and the following weekend vs the Eagles is a Sunday night game, i'm not going to try and stay awake and ruin my first ever trip to Rome. Those games are going to start at 2:30am Rome time, way too late if i want to see all the sights, i don't want to lose those two following days after the games.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I cancelled it. If i would have went there i would have probably dropped 2 to 3k over the course of 3 nights. Instead of giving them my cash for nothing, me and my brother booked a trip to Rome November 4th to 13th instead. Two things i'm concerned about now is that i see via the net that it rains a lot in Rome during November (praying for good weather). Other thing is i will be missing two Cowboy games Titans is a Monday night game and the following weekend vs the Eagles is a Sunday night game, i'm not going to try and stay awake and ruin my first ever trip to Rome. Those games are going to start at 2:30am Rome time, way too late if i want to see all the sights, i don't want to lose those two following days after the games.
No kidding. Now that's awesome and a great idea. You'll make lifetime memories for sure. It's tough missing our Boys games, and in your case, I wouldn't even let it bother me. It's the December games that matter.

Not sure if you've ever crossed the pond, if you haven't, it takes about 9hrs to and 11 return. I was born in Germany. Done a lot of traveling back and forth. My entire family is over there lol. Anyways, the two of you will have absolutely a wonderful time. You will be dead tired when you arrive because of the time difference. Enjoy every minute & no worries about a football game. !Salud young man!

waldoputty

Reaction score
THE SOLUTION FER' TO MANY CHINAMEN IS COMING THIS SPRING LABELED HNV-42,,,COURTESY OF DARPA,,,o_O
they had the solution called one child policy. numerically it worked really well. however it caused a huge problem with a country of only-children being extremely entitled. so i think that policy is toast now.

Status
Not open for further replies.