I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I stopped drinking last night around 8pm and had nasty shakes by 11:30pm-12:00am. Just horrid. 'Pins didn't even help. I think I had taken four by 12-12:30 and nada. But since I stopped drinking so early, and since the shakes came on much sooner, inexplicably they broke by around 1-2am, rather than the usual next morning 4-6am, and I was able to sleep after that.

Woke up and still had slight skin crawls/withdrawals, but last late evening was a nightmare, reminiscent of this past January when I last kicked booze.

Slowing way down. Finished the last of some scotch this morning, (like around 2ozs), and am drinking an Asahi and I think that'll be it for the day. Just to taper off. Those kind of shakes that I had last night are hell on earth -- left arm spastically shaking out, heart beating twice as fast as it should, sweating like a pig in hit, etc etc etc.

My posting activity is gonna cut by about 95% if I can actually continue with this. With my son here, coupled with us going to my dad's tonight, it should be a lot easier to get a start on it.

Salud friends.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stopped drinking last night around 8pm and had nasty shakes by 11:30pm-12:00am. Just horrid. 'Pins did even help. I think I had taken four by 12-12:30 and nada. But since I stopped drinking so early, and since the shakes came on much sooner, inexplicably they broke by around 1-2am, rather than the usual next morning 4-6am, and I was able to sleep after that.

Woke up and still had slight skin crawls/withdrawals, but last late evening was a nightmare, reminiscent of this past January when I last kicked booze.

Slowing way down. Finished the last of some scotch this morning, (like around 2ozs), and am drinking an Asahi and I think that'll be it for the day. Just to taper off. Those kind of shakes that I had last night are hell on earth -- left arm spastically shaking out, heart beating twice as fast as it should, sweating like a pig in hit, etc etc etc.

My posting activity is gonna cut by about 95% if I can actually continue with this. With my son here, coupled with us going to my dad's tonight, it should be a lot easier to get a start on it.

Salud friends.
My friend, you have sooooo many strong reasons to get that under control.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, CC :star::starspin:
Morning Trouty, sounds like a I had a hell of a lot better night than you did.

When you are at your Dad's tonight with his Grandson, think about that picture missing something like the connection in between. I am concerned about you because usually people really don't tell it all about how bad it is.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Trouty, sounds like a I had a hell of a lot better night than you did.

When you are at your Dad's tonight with his Grandson, think about that picture missing something like the connection in between. I am concerned about you because usually people really don't tell it all about how bad it is.
I'm very open, CC. This thread is like a counseling couch sometimes. Because of it, users have used against me in arguments ("you're just an alcoholic" etc) but whatevs. Maybe it helps me, maybe it'll help someone else. I've gotten amazing feedback, the pros vastly outweighs the cons.

I definitely hear you about my dad and his grandson. Me missing. At one point my liver count (enzyme I believe it is) was over 200, normal range is 15-45. I was able to get down below 20, just by cutting off booze for about 5 or so months. I have no clue where it is now, but I have a physical on the 8th and I'll surely find out, and my GP, if the count has risen the last month and half of drinking, will know I'm drinking... and yay, more rehab suggestions...

Anyways, I have to stop. Last night is torture. And over the past month or so I've been getting dark thoughts. Booze always brings out the darker thoughts. It does me no favors in that regard.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I stopped drinking last night around 8pm and had nasty shakes by 11:30pm-12:00am. Just horrid. 'Pins didn't even help. I think I had taken four by 12-12:30 and nada. But since I stopped drinking so early, and since the shakes came on much sooner, inexplicably they broke by around 1-2am, rather than the usual next morning 4-6am, and I was able to sleep after that.

Salud friends.

Good luck, buddy. I slowed my drinking down last May. Was the best thing that happened. After 27 years of drinking and smoking, I started working out, dropped weight, and got healthy. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar were all borderline bad and now are all great. I was able to drop ~45 pounds and was able to run a half marathon in under 2 hours in December...finishing top 12% in the San Antonio Rock and Roll marathon. Since then I've started strength training and added ~15 pounds of muscle.

I still drink beer and wine at social occasions but I'm not drinking a 6-12 pack + shots of Irish whiskey on a daily basis and popping Ibuprofen in the morning for the headache. Happy hour has been replaced with workout hour and I feel much, much better. I wish I did this at age 35 instead of 45 though, but no use crying about it now.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Good luck, buddy. I slowed my drinking down last May. Was the best thing that happened. After 27 years of drinking and smoking, I started working out, dropped weight, and got healthy. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar were all borderline bad and now are all great. I was able to drop ~45 pounds and was able to run a half marathon in under 2 hours in December...finishing top 12% in the San Antonio Rock and Roll marathon. Since then I've started strength training and added ~15 pounds of muscle.

I still drink beer and wine at social occasions but I'm not drinking a 6-12 pack + shots of Irish whiskey on a daily basis and popping Ibuprofen in the morning for the headache the next morning. Happy hour has been replaced with workout hour and I feel much, much better. I wish I did this at age 35 instead of 45 though, but no use crying about it now.
That's awesome, Aviano. That pumps me up! Look at you, marathon runner! :) Congrats at the weight loss, duderino! Same with the BP and cholesterol, my friend.

I never get hangovers, never have. Unless I'm severely dehydrated and it's a ton of beer. I can count on probably my fingers and toes the amount of times I've had a true hangover. I've had more withdrawal sessions than hangovers. Weird.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

I still drink beer and wine at social occasions but I'm not drinking a 6-12 pack + shots of Irish whiskey on a daily basis and popping Ibuprofen in the morning for the headache the next morning. Happy hour has been replaced with workout hour and I feel much, much better. I wish I did this at age 35 instead of 45 though, but no use crying about it now.
Thank you so much for this, Avi. :) :star::star::star:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hang in there bro! Tapering off is good. It helps ease you out if it. Stopping at just two or three is the tricky part!

Man, is it ever. Doing good so far (lol it's 9:23am :D )

How are you going, Coach? What's on the table for you today? Chill day, busy day?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man, is it ever. Doing good so far (lol it's 9:23am :D )

How are you going, Coach? What's on the table for you today? Chill day, busy day?
Got a workout, went to the office for a while. Just got home for some lunch and visiting my dad this afternoon. Headed to the island tomorrow.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm very open, CC. This thread is like a counseling couch sometimes. Because of it, users have used against me in arguments ("you're just an alcoholic" etc) but whatevs. Maybe it helps me, maybe it'll help someone else. I've gotten amazing feedback, the pros vastly outweighs the cons.

I definitely hear you about my dad and his grandson. Me missing. At one point my liver count (enzyme I believe it is) was over 200, normal range is 15-45. I was able to get down below 20, just by cutting off booze for about 5 or so months. I have no clue where it is now, but I have a physical on the 8th and I'll surely find out, and my GP, if the count has risen the last month and half of drinking, will know I'm drinking... and yay, more rehab suggestions...

Anyways, I have to stop. Last night is torture. And over the past month or so I've been getting dark thoughts. Booze always brings out the darker thoughts. It does me no favors in that regard.
My brother, if you went 5 months without it, you can go a lifetime, and it will get easier, the more distance you put behind you.
I don't know if hypnosis works with alcoholism, but I quit smoking easily with it, when I couldn't go three hours without a cigarette.
Regardless, you know what you need to do.

Maybe you should get that dog, and have him trained to bite your hand if you reach for a drink!
:grin:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My brother, if you went 5 months without it, you can go a lifetime, and it will get easier, the more distance you put behind you.
I don't know if hypnosis works with alcoholism, but I quit smoking easily with it, when I couldn't go three hours without a cigarette.
Regardless, you know what you need to do.

Maybe you should get that dog, and have him trained to bite your hand if you reach for a drink!
:grin:
:)

Good day to you, Runny :star:

Day going smoothly so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.