I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I got lucky, my doc didn’t order tests on me until my next visit (November) so by then my liver will be baseline LOL. Fasting lab.

Whew, escaped that lecture. My vitals were on point 114/73, pulse 66.

The cat scan I had for those kidney stones came back that everything is fine, but I have a 4mm stone still lodged but I should be able to pass it, so no surgery/stint, thank God. Was hospitilaized back in 2011 for 3 days going through that hell.
Well that's good news Trouty. About that 4mm stone, I believe Pooty Butt can help you in that situation.:lmao:

firewater

Reaction score
I got lucky, my doc didn’t order tests on me until my next visit (November) so by then my liver will be baseline LOL. Fasting lab.

The cat scan I had for those kidney stones came back that everything is fine, but I have a 4mm stone still lodged but I should be able to pass it, so no surgery/stint, thank God. Was hospitilaized back in 2011 for 3 days going through that hell.

Glad your doing well Trouty. I went to the doctor a month ago and he put me on blood pressure medicine. Oh well, just bought a sixer of tall boys so I'm not gonna let it bother me.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Awesome!!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Glad your doing well Trouty. I went to the doctor a month ago and he put me on blood pressure medicine. Oh well, just bought a sixer of tall boys so I'm not gonna let it bother me.
Thanks my boi! Always a pleasure to have you here, broski. Enjoy those tall boys, friend :star::starspin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I had one that was 7 mm once, and had to get lithotripsy. It was painless, but the anesthesia gave me an irregular heartbeat, which cost even more money in doctor visits.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I had one that was 7 mm once, and had to get lithotripsy. It was painless, but the anesthesia gave me an irregular heartbeat, which cost even more money in doctor visits.
Whoa, I don’t know what this means! You also suffer from kidney stones, Runny?

My 2011 one was 8mm and they had to break it up into tiny pieces. I had to wait a day and a half to get the surgery while I was getting liquid dilaudid and puking from pain. They went up and in my kidney with a stint to break it up. Before that, in 2004 while in the field I had to go to the hospital for my first kidney stone, that pain was bad. But not 2011 bad, and I passed it by myself. Then a month or two ago I had to go to the ER for same pain, lower left back down to groin. By the time I made it to the ER the pain was gone, but they still wanted to be sure. Thankfully I wont need surgery for the remaining stone.

I’m on some new medication for it, but I forgot the name. I’d go check if I was at the house, but I’m now sitting at optometry.

Is the lithotripsy the machine that shakes you around to dislodge it?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
We have football tomorrow, guys and gals!!!! Woot!!!

Time to evaluate our young talent!!!

Woot!!! :star::star::star::star::star:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whoa, I don’t know what this means! You also suffer from kidney stones, Runny?

My 2011 one was 8mm and they had to break it up into tiny pieces. I had to wait a day and a half to get the surgery while I was getting liquid dilaudid and puking from pain. They went up and in my kidney with a stint to break it up. Before that, in 2004 while in the field I had to go to the hospital for my first kidney stone, that pain was bad. But not 2011 bad, and I passed it by myself. Then a month or two ago I had to go to the ER for same pain, left back down to groin. By the time I made it to the ER the pain was gone, but they still wanted to be sure. Thankfully I wont need surgery for the remaining stone.

I’m on some new medication for it, but I forgot the name. I’d go check if I was at the house, but I’m now sitting at optometry.

Is the lithotripsy the machine that shakes you around to dislodge it?
Lithotripsy is when you lie on your back in a puddle of water, and they target target the kidney with sonic pulses for about 45 minutes to break up the stone.
Supposedly, I was gonna have a big bruise there after it was done, but I didn't get anything but better! Lol
I'm not prone to kidney stones, that's the only one I've ever had, knock wood.
Sounds like you need to change your diet, or at least drink more lemonade. (My doctor said that helps prevent a reoccurrence.)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Lithotripsy is when you lie on your back in a puddle of water, and they target target the kidney with sonic pulses for about 45 minutes to break up the stone.
Supposedly, I was gonna have a big bruise there after it was done, but I didn't get anything but better! Lol
I'm not prone to kidney stones, that's the only one I've ever had, knock wood.
Sounds like you need to change your diet, or at least drink more lemonade. (My doctor said that helps prevent a reoccurrence.)
Ah, yes. The shake machine! I’ve heard of this.

Apparently, for folks like us, once you have one, the chances increase drastically for reoccurrence. My docs told me that this last kidney stone is probably due to a massive run I had on booze, and when I quit I was drinking tons of water. The booze dehydrated me and caused the build up, and the gallon or more of water I was drinking a day was dislodging them.

But yes, Run, knock on friggin’ wood no more for you. You’re probably good. I’ve had 3 episodes (that I know of/bad enough to send me to the hospital) by age 34. When I get home I’ll post the name of the medication the just prescribed be a month or so ago.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ah, yes. The shake machine! I’ve heard of this.

Apparently, for folks like us, once you have one, the chances increase drastically for reoccurrence. My docs told me that this last kidney stone is probably due to a massive run I had on booze, and when I quit I was drinking tons of water. The booze dehydrated me and caused the build up, and the gallon or more of water I was drinking a day was dislodging them.

But yes, Run, knock on friggin’ wood no more for you. You’re probably good. I’ve had 3 episodes (that I know of/bad enough to send me to the hospital) by age 34. When I get home I’ll post the name of the medication the just prescribed be a month or so ago.
Mine was about, I don't know, between 6 and 12 years ago, I guess? So when I was around 42 or 48?
That's a damn good reason to quit drinking right there, brother! I remember getting up at 1 a.m. in a cold sweat, shivering my *** off and having to drive myself to the hospital, in 10° weather......SUUUUCKED!!!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Great, I'm glad to hear it,,,hey,you ever drink that cranberry juice, man?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Great, I'm glad to hear it,,,hey,you ever drink that cranberry juice, man?
I didn’t my brother. But I need to get some.

I’ve just been drinking tonnes of water, Mel

(My eyes are dilated to all hell right now LOL)

Eye pressure was 15! Woot!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Mine was about, I don't know, between 6 and 12 years ago, I guess? So when I was around 42 or 48?
That's a damn good reason to quit drinking right there, brother! I remember getting up at 1 a.m. in a cold sweat, shivering my *** off and having to drive myself to the hospital, in 10° weather......SUUUUCKED!!!
You ain’t kidding, Run

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Waiting for some final eye test and then I’m outta here. I can’t even see what I’m typing lol hope this. makes sense. Been here since 7am, three clinics knocked out! Woot!

Have a blessed afternoon y’all

Status
Not open for further replies.