I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promise I had nothing to do with it! :D
Considering yer' status and clout around here,,,we'll take yer' word on ito_O
:lmao2:
I am making no promises, but I am working on a way to get a LIKE-like (yes, that's right) system in place so you guys can sort of LIKE posts again without affecting the LIKE system.

Again, no promises, but I am working on something that hopefully will work out.

LIKE
 
I am making no promises, but I am working on a way to get a LIKE-like (yes, that's right) system in place so you guys can sort of LIKE posts again without affecting the LIKE system.

Again, no promises, but I am working on something that hopefully will work out.
I LIKE it :)
 
The LIKE system was meant primarily for the on-topic forums, not these kinds of chit-chat forums. There have been users who spent years earning their LIKE totals by posting quality posts only to be replaced by users who spend a lot of time in chit-chat threads posting short chatroom-like responses. Both the post counts and LIKE counts have been seriously diluted and devalued as a result of that.

My goal is to create a dual-system (actually more than that) so that I can rebuild the LIKE system based on the on-topic forums and create a secondary system for other forums.

I do not have all of the details right now. I've told you all I know at this point.

Again, I am not making any promises as this may not work out. Hopefully it will though.
I think it sounds good, sir. I wish there was a way for you to remove the likes from the old Beer Thread, without deleting the thread, too.

I enjoy receiving likes on football related posts more than I do on any other type-post.

I genuinely feel bad being in third on the like list. Genuinely. I feel ~30k is more appropriate :muttley::muttley:

I do pride myself in loving our Boys, being a thread maker during the season (check out my history, last season I did pretty good with in-season thread creations in the Fan Zone, some really good ones in thine eyes :)), and some decent knowledge of the game. But moreso, being able to relate to the more fanatical-type fan, than the awesome X's and O's-type. Tho, I do alright at times there as well -- speaking for myself, of course :)
 
Yeah man I will only be able to watch the first half.
I have to get up at 3:30 am east coast for work:(
I revive with Vivarin, one of those ' goodies' packets and a red bull,Max!,,,just saying cuz' yer' FANDOM won't let you sleep and we both know it:laugh:
 
I think it sounds good, sir. I wish there was a way for you to remove the likes from the old Beer Thread, without deleting the thread, too.

I enjoy receiving likes on football related posts more than I do on any other type-post.

I genuinely feel bad being in third on the like list. Genuinely. I feel ~30k is more appropriate :muttley::muttley:

I do pride myself in loving our Boys, being a thread maker during the season (check out my history, last season I did pretty good with in-season thread creations in the Fan Zone, some really good in thine eyes :)), and some decent knowledge of the game. But moreso, being able to relate to the more fanatical-type fan, than the awesome X's and O's-type. Tho, I do alright at times there, speaking for myself, of course :)
Well, my goal is to create a win-win scenario for everyone. I still have some work and research to do first to see if it's possible to do what I am planning.
 
You got that right.
Are you boozing tonight?
I have some Ice beers.
It's been 5 days since I had any!!
Yup, just opened a bottle of Larceny Whiskey.

Was going through withdrawals all day at at the fair and still handled it like a boss.

Drank 2 1/2 fifths yesterday, brother. Just way too much
 
I revive with Vivarin, one of those ' goodies' packets and a red bull,Max!,,,just saying cuz' yer' FANDOM won't let you sleep and we both know it:laugh:
LOL True Melon! Hell I got up at 3:30 today and I had 2 16oz red bulls by 5 am.
They really good!!!
Up until last year I drove truck for 10 years and I became fond of red bull.
And caffeine tabs. I get the Walmart brand jet-alert!!
Reminds me of jet in fallout:laugh:
 
The LIKE system was meant primarily for the on-topic forums, not these kinds of chit-chat forums. There have been users who spent years earning their LIKE totals by posting quality posts only to be replaced by users who spend a lot of time in chit-chat threads posting short chatroom-like responses. Both the post counts and LIKE counts have been seriously diluted and devalued as a result of that.

My goal is to create a dual-system (actually more than that) so that I can rebuild the LIKE system based on the on-topic forums and create a secondary system for other forums.

I do not have all of the details right now. I've told you all I know at this point.

Again, I am not making any promises as this may not work out. Hopefully it will though.
Good post and I found it factually insightful enjoyable reading, thanks.
 
Well, my goal is to create a win-win scenario for everyone. I still have some work and research to do first to see if it's possible to do what I am planning.
Well we support you always, sir. Always.

Good luck :grin::thumbup:
 
Yup, just opened a bottle of Larceny Whiskey.

Was going through withdrawals all at at the fair and still handled it like a boss.

Drank 2 1/2 fifths yesterday, brother. Just way too much
Ok cool bro just sip it slow;)
 
I figure I have about 10,000 posts in the NFL/Sports forums, and around 30k likes.

The rest is in the OT Zone
 
LOL True Melon! Hell I got up at 3:30 today and I had 2 16oz red bulls by 5 am.
They really good!!!
Up until last year I drove truck for 10 years and I became fond of red bull.
And caffeine tabs. I get the Walmart brand jet-alert!!
Reminds me of jet in fallout:laugh:
Ha! I stopped taking that,except when I'd juice up to take down a regulator or ranger compound,, cuz when you're going thru withdrawal and have clicked on that 'crazy' casing-liner play mode it seriously takes away from the gameo_O
:lmao:
 
The LIKE system was meant primarily for the on-topic forums, not these kinds of chit-chat forums. There have been users who spent years earning their LIKE totals by posting quality posts only to be replaced by users who spend a lot of time in chit-chat threads posting short chatroom-like responses. Both the post counts and LIKE counts have been seriously diluted and devalued as a result of that.

My goal is to create a dual-system (actually more than that) so that I can rebuild the LIKE system based on the on-topic forums and create a secondary system for other forums.

I do not have all of the details right now. I've told you all I know at this point.

Again, I am not making any promises as this may not work out. Hopefully it will though.
A extra kind of like option would be great for these threads.
 
The LIKE system was meant primarily for the on-topic forums, not these kinds of chit-chat forums. There have been users who spent years earning their LIKE totals by posting quality posts only to be replaced by users who spend a lot of time in chit-chat threads posting short chatroom-like responses. Both the post counts and LIKE counts have been seriously diluted and devalued as a result of that.

My goal is to create a dual-system (actually more than that) so that I can rebuild the LIKE system based on the on-topic forums and create a secondary system for other forums.

I do not have all of the details right now. I've told you all I know at this point.

Again, I am not making any promises as this may not work out. Hopefully it will though.
One last thing, Reality. I think your site is evolving into a community as much as it is a Cowboys fan site. Maybe you don't want that, I have no idea. But there's a lot of stuff going on in this site outside of football since I've been here in 2013. It's really evolving and fun to watch. :)
 
Ha! I stopped taking that,except when I'd juice up to take down a regulator or ranger compound,, cuz when you're going thru withdrawal and have clicked on that 'crazy' casing-liner play mode it seriously takes away from the gameo_O
:lmao:
:thumbup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,192
Messages
14,671,773
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top