I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, you guys crack me up and have some invaluable knowledge to boot!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the advice and input! I still definitely need to familiarize myself with all the guns but the shotgun would be my first weapon of choice. I believe it holds 6-7 shells and I have them loaded alternating between 00 and slugs. It has a few shells in the speed loaders on the side as well. I figure my chances of missing are quite a bit less then the .38

I have a few cop friends that have given me some obvious but simple tips. For instance, if you're searching the house (which I wouldn't do because I don't have kids) you're better off holding the gun on your side as opposed to holding it in the traditional hunting way with having the gun on your shoulder where it can be grabbed much easier and pulled away. I'm sure you guys know that, especially Trouty with his military experience, but little stuff like that could make a difference and I'm clueless overall.

I bought the Win my freshman year in college and after taking it to the shooting range and having a bruised shoulder, that hurt like hell partly due to the basic butt, my friend recommended the muzzle break. I knew the gas principle and what it was supposed to do, which it does (reduce the kick) but I had no idea how f'in loud it would be! My god! The first time I ever took it to a shooting range, the guy asked "what are you shooting"? I showed him and he kinda of smirked and said go to the end. I swear, after my first shot every f'in person stopped and stared at me like what the hell? It was funny but I felt bad, took a few more shots and left. Better off going to a friend who had some land.
Great post,BTW,thanks.:thumbup:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Lol, you guys crack me up and have some invaluable knowledge to boot!
We love ya, Aria.

Just stay away from those Zeke threads, since that's what gets ya crossed up.

It'll make your time here so much better.

My opinion, of course, you're a free woman ;) :D

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Aria, Mel knows his firearms. Moreso than myself or any other on this board.

He's a treasure. And he's ours
Thanks Troutster, but like building muscle cars, there's always somebody thats worked harder and spent more casing-liner's to do it to beat you,,,lol my former feral homeless cat just missile launched from about 8' away and landed on me while I'm kicked back on the couch,,, HILARIOUS:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thanks Troutster, but like building muscle cars, there's always somebody thats worked harder and spent more casing-liner's to do it to beat you,,,lol my former feral homeless cat just missile launched from about 8' away and landed on me while I'm kicked back on the couch,,, HILARIOUS:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
That kitty is a gem, Melon. And adores you

And what I said, I genuinely mean from the bottom of my heart, my comrade in casing-liners and much more!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@aria

Just so you have an idea, many of us here speak to each other outside of this message board. Many of us are on first name-basis with each other.

This is a very close group. I only say this because it seems you have taken a liking to this thread. Just to give ya a little background

This is the second Beer Thread. We've been together for a lot longer than Coach's revival in the OP (that was made a day or so after the first was shut down, no @Ranching?)

aria

Reaction score
We love ya, Aria.

Just stay away from those Zeke threads, since that's what gets ya crossed up.

It'll make your time here so much better.

My opinion, of course, you're a free woman ;) :D
Lol, I appreciate your opinion whether I agree with it or not. I happen to agree 100% with you on this one :)
I was kinda trying to stay out of them anyways but after coming here (to this thread) I decided to stay out "permanently". I put it in quotes because I hate to say with absolute certainty that I'll never go back but if I do I'll try to be more polite even if people don't agree. Everyone knows my opinion and I'd rather not have that get in the way of everything else we have in common and hopefully we can let bygones be bygones.

I know I'm easy to get riled up, I've been that way my entire life. Everyone from co workers to family will f with me whenever they get bored just to see me go off and rant. I rarely let the anger hold over but for a few minutes I may actually be po'd and they'll say "calm down dude" or some sheet like that. And I'm like "f you dude, you just purposely f'ed with me to piss me off and get this exact response and now you're wonderimg why I'm po'd and telling me to calm down"?!

Point being, I usually wear my emotions on my sleeve (as I'm doing now) for better or worse and I think quite a few people here figured that out pretty quick, haha. I know I have a tendency to over react and say some things I probably shouldn't. Some things I do mean but some I don't/didn't and I've felt pretty bad since the night I went off on you Trouty so I formally apologize.

Somewhat off topic, over the years I've been to other teams forums (college and pro) just to check them out and one thing I've noticed is how many people cheering for the same team get in constant arguments over stupid stuff because they all think they know what's best. It's bad, especially when a team isn't doing well. That's why I'm very grateful this site has forums like this where we can be fans of the same team (or others) and not be forced to talk about football. It's sooooo much better this way and I've told Reality something similar in a PM. I'll probably even cut back out of the football forums for the most part. I know everyone loves the Cowboys but I can only read 20 pages of 1,000 different opinions of what defensive coordinator we should hire, or how much more we should do this or that. Over "here" is real talk :)

haleyrules

Reaction score
Lol, I appreciate your opinion whether I agree with it or not. I happen to agree 100% with you on this one :)
I was kinda trying to stay out of them anyways but after coming here (to this thread) I decided to stay out "permanently". I put it in quotes because I hate to say with absolute certainty that I'll never go back but if I do I'll try to be more polite even if people don't agree. Everyone knows my opinion and I'd rather not have that get in the way of everything else we have in common and hopefully we can let bygones be bygones.

I know I'm easy to get riled up, I've been that way my entire life. Everyone from co workers to family will f with me whenever they get bored just to see me go off and rant. I rarely let the anger hold over but for a few minutes I may actually be po'd and they'll say "calm down dude" or some sheet like that. And I'm like "f you dude, you just purposely f'ed with me to piss me off and get this exact response and now you're wonderimg why I'm po'd and telling me to calm down"?!

Point being, I usually wear my emotions on my sleeve (as I'm doing now) for better or worse and I think quite a few people here figured that out pretty quick, haha. I know I have a tendency to over react and say some things I probably shouldn't. Some things I do mean but some I don't/didn't and I've felt pretty bad since the night I went off on you Trouty so I formally apologize.

Somewhat off topic, over the years I've been to other teams forums (college and pro) just to check them out and one thing I've noticed is how many people cheering for the same team get in constant arguments over stupid stuff because they all think they know what's best. It's bad, especially when a team isn't doing well. That's why I'm very grateful this site has forums like this where we can be fans of the same team (or others) and not be forced to talk about football. It's sooooo much better this way and I've told Reality something similar in a PM. I'll probably even cut back out of the football forums for the most part. I know everyone loves the Cowboys but I can only read 20 pages of 1,000 different opinions of what defensive coordinator we should hire, or how much more we should do this or that. Over "here" is real talk :)
:).

aria

Reaction score
@aria

Just so you have an idea, many of us here speak to each other outside of this message board. Many of us are on first name-basis with each other.

This is a very close group. I only say this because it seems you have taken a liking to this thread. Just to give ya a little background

This is the second Beer Thread. We've been together for a lot longer than Coach's revival in the OP (that was made a day or so after the first was shut down, no @Ranching?)
I've definitely noticed how tight you guys are, very cool. Thanks for the old link, I'm very interested in perusing it. Random questions definitely pop up and sometimes I eventually figure them out but maybe the older threads will answer a few as well.

aria

Reaction score
Trouty, so now we have a new Lady beer threader?? Aria?
Bwahahahahaha...I'll always be "she" and "her" and I'm fine with that. I'm already used to my wife calling me "princess" on occasion. She's a smart *** and makes us look like innocent school girls.

aria

Reaction score
Jesus, I haven't even got through the first page and I can identify to a certain degree. Look forward to the next 549 pages!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jesus, I haven't even got through the first page and I can identify to a certain degree. Look forward to the next 549 pages!
Since you are one of us now, may I say BRING ME ANOTHER BEER BIATCH!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who's still up. I'm sipping on scotch watching. This beautiful full moon over South Padre. Salud!

Status
Not open for further replies.