I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I might have to add some weevils just for authenticity! Sounds like you know quite a bit on the subject and/or history.

Yes, I own guns. Win 300 mag with a muzzle break, 2 12 gauge shotguns (nothing fancy), a little S&W 38 air weight special and a older model Mossberg home defense shotgun (can't think of the name or model).

I hate to admit this but I really don't know **** about guns. I hunted quite a bit when I was younger but haven't been in years. I haven't even shot the revolver or Mossberg. They're both fully loaded and ready to go but I need to go learn how to shoot them properly.

I've actually wanted to get my CHL and get another gun that's good for carrying. A guy I work with does CHL classes and I think myself and my wife are gonna go to the local shooting range to take "couples" lessons.
Where are you going to conceal that weapon, pardner? Lol, sorry couldn't resist.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I might have to add some weevils just for authenticity! Sounds like you know quite a bit on the subject and/or history.

Yes, I own guns. Win 300 mag with a muzzle break, 2 12 gauge shotguns (nothing fancy), a little S&W 38 air weight special and a older model Mossberg home defense shotgun (can't think of the name or model).

I hate to admit this but I really don't know **** about guns. I hunted quite a bit when I was younger but haven't been in years. I haven't even shot the revolver or Mossberg. They're both fully loaded and ready to go but I need to go learn how to shoot them properly.

I've actually wanted to get my CHL and get another gun that's good for carrying. A guy I work with does CHL classes and I think myself and my wife are gonna go to the local shooting range to take "couples" lessons.
Right on, Aria!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sorry, my brothers. Not trying to make our bar a drama fest.

Don't worry about that ****** Shabazz.

I appreciate your PMs and texts.

Cheers, my brethren

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Well, if not "well armed" you certainly are not
" under gunned " with the Mossberg riot and .38 snub in a typical suburban setting:thumbup:( you should both at least familiarize your self with those two practical firearms), I'd cut my reloading teeth so to speak by getting a bullet casters reject .38 cal projectiles, I'd figured it out to where i could shoot .38 special at 2.5 cents a pop,,, I'm a pretty good pistolero if I may add due to that fact;)

LoL,,,
Those ' muzzle brakes' that hit the scene around the time 8 years of slick willy are commonly referred to as 'blast enhancers' as they direct the expanding propellant gases vectored back to the shooters ears,,,, I swear, after the first two rounds I'd popped off with a Spanish CETME/h-k91 ,,,I actually thought I had blood running out my ears, had to yell at the ol' lady to fetch my shooting 'muffs' from behind the truck seat, ( but it printed phenomenally tight groups,offhand @100yd)
I went home and laid the sawzall to that unholy b.a.t.f. required casing-liner muzzle attachment.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
" under gunned " with the Mossberg riot and .38 snub in a typical suburban setting:thumbup:( you should both at least familiarize your self with those two practical firearms), I'd cut my reloading teeth so to speak by getting a bullet casters reject .38 cal projectiles, I'd figured it out to where i could shoot .38 special at 2.5 cents a pop,,, I'm a pretty good pistolero if I may add due to that fact;)

LoL,,,
Those ' muzzle brakes' that hit the scene around the time 8 years of slick willy are commonly referred to as 'blast enhancers' as they direct the expanding propellant gases vectored back to the shooters ears,,,, I swear, after the first two rounds I'd popped off with a Spanish CETME/h-k91 ,,,I actually thought I had blood running out my ears, had to yell at the ol' lady to fetch my shooting 'muffs' from behind the truck seat, ( but it printed phenomenally tight groups,offhand @100yd)
I went home and laid the sawzall to that unholy b.a.t.f. required casing-liner muzzle attachment.
Did the Win with the muzzle break throw you off?

Odd combo, no?

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Did the Win with the muzzle break throw you off?

Odd combo, no?
No,not at all Troutster, that was a 'curve' in the market at one time and was touted as a refined feature of firearms advancemento_O
Browning bugled about their B.O.S.S. casing-liner big time back then.

aria

Reaction score

LoL,,,

Thanks a lot for the advice and input! I still definitely need to familiarize myself with all the guns but the shotgun would be my first weapon of choice. I believe it holds 6-7 shells and I have them loaded alternating between 00 and slugs. It has a few shells in the speed loaders on the side as well. I figure my chances of missing are quite a bit less then the .38

I have a few cop friends that have given me some obvious but simple tips. For instance, if you're searching the house (which I wouldn't do because I don't have kids) you're better off holding the gun on your side as opposed to holding it in the traditional hunting way with having the gun on your shoulder where it can be grabbed much easier and pulled away. I'm sure you guys know that, especially Trouty with his military experience, but little stuff like that could make a difference and I'm clueless overall.

I bought the Win my freshman year in college and after taking it to the shooting range and having a bruised shoulder, that hurt like hell partly due to the basic butt, my friend recommended the muzzle break. I knew the gas principle and what it was supposed to do, which it does (reduce the kick) but I had no idea how f'in loud it would be! My god! The first time I ever took it to a shooting range, the guy asked "what are you shooting"? I showed him and he kinda of smirked and said go to the end. I swear, after my first shot every f'in person stopped and stared at me like what the hell? It was funny but I felt bad, took a few more shots and left. Better off going to a friend who had some land.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No,not at all Troutster, that was a 'curve' in the market at one time and was touted as a refined feature of firearms advancemento_O
Browning bugled about their B.O.S.S. casing-liner big time back then.
Hmm. May need to check out this load-out. Thanks, Mel

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the advice and input! I still definitely need to familiarize myself with all the guns but the shotgun would be my first weapon of choice. I believe it holds 6-7 shells and I have them loaded alternating between 00 and slugs. It has a few shells in the speed loaders on the side as well. I figure my chances of missing are quite a bit less then the .38

I have a few cop friends that have given me some obvious but simple tips. For instance, if you're searching the house (which I wouldn't do because I don't have kids) you're better off holding the gun on your side as opposed to holding it in the traditional hunting way with having the gun on your shoulder where it can be grabbed much easier and pulled away. I'm sure you guys know that, especially Trouty with his military experience, but little stuff like that could make a difference and I'm clueless overall.

I bought the Win my freshman year in college and after taking it to the shooting range and having a bruised shoulder, that hurt like hell partly due to the basic butt, my friend recommended the muzzle break. I knew the gas principle and what it was supposed to do, which it does (reduce the kick) but I had no idea how f'in loud it would be! My god! The first time I ever took it to a shooting range, the guy asked "what are you shooting"? I showed him and he kinda of smirked and said go to the end. I swear, after my first shot every f'in person stopped and stared at me like what the hell? It was funny but I felt bad, took a few more shots and left. Better off going to a friend who had some land.
Aria, Mel knows his firearms. Moreso than myself or any other on this board.

He's a treasure. And he's ours

Melonfeud

Reaction score

:lmao::lmao2::lmao: crusty ol' so-n-so telling you to go to the end of the firing bench,,:angry: typical A-holes, I'd told him to F the F off while jamming a 30 Rd mag and chambering,,,, A-holes:lmao:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Yes, you can trigger squeeze a shotgun on the side, letting the recoil spin your arm back to a forward motion. But that isn't military, that's backwoods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.