I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xanax, Clono or whatever can get ya through the sobering up period but can't continue that for years. I recommend a lot of junk food, ice cream and the biggest Big Gulps of Mt Dew that you can find :grin:

Oh, when I want to stop drinking for awhile, outdoor activities help tremendously. Go hiking, hit the beach, something.

I can start and stop whenever I want to now. If I go weeks without alcohol, so be it as long as I have my sweets and soda :muttley:
LOL! Yeah man, I have an unlimited supply of 'pins, but they can be dangerous in their own right. I use them to wean off booze, solely. Never did get the high that others get from them.

I absolutely agree about keeping busy. Best way, bar none, to keep the mind active and away from stagnation. And I am a HUGE hiker. Need to get back in it. All wonderful suggestions, Dex. Thank you, brother.

How has your day been, my friend?
 
I need to grill and I'm in a bit of a groove... not even fighting it.
 
LOL! Yeah man, I have an unlimited supply of 'pins, but they can be dangerous in their own right. I use them to wean off booze, solely. Never did get the high that others get from them.

I absolutely agree about keeping busy. Best way, bar none, to keep the mind active and away from stagnation. And I am a HUGE hiker. Need to get back in it. All wonderful suggestions, Dex. Thank you, brother.

How has your day been, my friend?

Recovering from a day in SF yesterday, must have walked 20 miles from ATT park, to Ghiradelli Square to Chinatown and back. It was too nice of a day to Uber or ride the buses but paying for it now :lmao:
 
Have a good time with the boys? How many bear pelts this time :D
Great time caught lots of fish and had to kill a snake on the boat as we were fishing. He came out from under one of the seats.
I stomped on his head and cut him in half with my filet knife.:starspin::thumbup::starspin:
 
Recovering from a day in SF yesterday, must have walked 20 miles from ATT park, to Ghiradelli Square to Chinatown and back. It was too nice of a day to Uber or ride the buses but paying for it now :lmao:
Oh wow! Sweeeeeet man! I haven't been up there since forever. Miss the Mission District in Monterey, Morro Bay, Carmel, just so gorgeous up there. Used to travel up there much more when I was married. Our spot was always the Radisson when in SF, same hotel Bradley Nowell was a guest at when he OD'd (tho he died at a different motel that night).

Named my son after him.
 
Great time caught lots of fish and had to kill a snake on the boat as we were fishing. He came out from under one of the seats.
I stomped on his head and cut him in half with my filet knife.:starspin::thumbup::starspin:
Do you perchance, have an idea on the species of snake, K? I am an unabashed freak when it comes to snakes, I am fascinated by them, always have.

Still, I'd have done the same. Especially if you're in Moccasin territory. (I don't believe you are, being in PA)
 
Great time caught lots of fish and had to kill a snake on the boat as we were fishing. He came out from under one of the seats.
I stomped on his head and cut him in half with my filet knife.:starspin::thumbup::starspin:
On behalf of well, ME I'd like to thank you for ridding the world of one of those slithering monsters. Watch out though, they can still bite you even after you cut their heads off. So glad you didn't pick it up, tell it how beautiful it was and gently place it on a tree limb or something.
 
Do you perchance, have an idea on the species of snake, K? I am an unabashed freak when it comes to snakes, I am fascinated by them, always have.

Still, I'd have done the same. Especially if you're in Moccasin territory. (I don't believe you are, being in PA)
A Northern Water snake it was about 2 1\2 feet long.
 
On behalf of well, ME I'd like to thank you for ridding the world of one of those slithering monsters. Watch out though, they can still bite you even after you cut their heads off. So glad you didn't pick it up, tell it how beautiful it was and gently place it on a tree limb or something.
LOL we were on a boat in the middle of a lake and had no choice my kids wanted it out of the boat asap.
 
On behalf of well, ME I'd like to thank you for ridding the world of one of those slithering monsters. Watch out though, they can still bite you even after you cut their heads off. So glad you didn't pick it up, tell it how beautiful it was and gently place it on a tree limb or something.
Grrrrrr!!!! Xelda! Grrrrr!!!!! :muttley:

Snakes are gorgeous and intriguing and apex predators. Pure killers. I never begrudge one for taking one out, my friend Jack who used to post here would routinely use his .357 or a shovel on the majestic fer-de-lances so common in his neck of the woods in C America. But snakes are gorgeous.

:(

I have a thread, somewhere, about my love for snakes and sharks.
 
LOL we were on a boat in the middle of a lake and had no choice my kids wanted it out of the boat asap.
You do what you gotta do, my boi, especially when the youngins are freaking out. I woulda done the same if my boy was scared, Maxxie :starspin::starspin::starspin:
 
On behalf of well, ME I'd like to thank you for ridding the world of one of those slithering monsters. Watch out though, they can still bite you even after you cut their heads off. So glad you didn't pick it up, tell it how beautiful it was and gently place it on a tree limb or something.
LMAO!
 
Grrrrrr!!!! Xelda! Grrrrr!!!!!

Sankes are gorgeous and intriguing and apex predators. Pure killers. I never begrudge one for taking one out, my friend Jack who used to post here would routinely use his .357 or a shovel on the majestic fer-de-lances so common in his neck of the woods in C America. But snakes are gorgeous.

:(

I have a thread, somewhere, about my love for snakes and sharks.
How's Haley doin'?
 
I'd rather have five red butted baboons in my back yard than one grass snake. I was in the back yard checking on my bird feeder when something landed on my foot. My first thought was "I'M DEAD! I'M DEAD!" after having seen a snake last year. It was like a very large earthworm and when I tried to cut it, it hauled tail. It's probably huge by now. I looked down and it was a lizard, so I didn't need to have a seizure. I've got a gun in case that monster shows it's beady eyes around here again.

Trouty, you can have all our snakes. Please come and get them!!!!!! Yesterday works for me.
 
I'd rather have five red butted baboons in my back yard than one grass snake. I was in the back yard checking on my bird feeder when something landed on my foot. My first thought was "I'M DEAD! I'M DEAD!" after having seen a snake last year. It was like a very large earthworm and when I tried to cut it, it hauled tail. It's probably huge by now. I looked down and it was a lizard, so I didn't need to have a seizure. I've got a gun in case that monster shows it's beady eyes around here again.
A lizard is just a snake with feet!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,120
Messages
14,668,416
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top