I like what i saw from Lance

reddyuta

Reaction score
He has 2 more games to show that he can hack it in the NFL but i am not sure.He got happy feet on most downs and he checked out of the pocket almost always even when it was not needed,it tough to make throws on the run,especially or a QB with so little experience playing QB.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I am not sure why a 4th round pick was given up for this guy. The NFL doesn't have time to develop a player for 3 or 4 years any more. He either gets it or he does not.

Maybe we were watching the different game than the OP. I didn't really see him throw any timing passes. If the guy was open he tried to fit it in and the throws were late which gave the db's time to make a play on the ball. I'm surprised he did not get picked off multiple times. My opinion: It's time for Lance to put up or go away. Stop wasting time on him if he does not show something in this next game.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I really liked that he didn't have happy feet. That's something you cannot coach out of someone. Many a psychologist could help.

Also liked how he runs, that was really nice to see.

Everything else need a lot of work, but if he's eager he can get better.

Look forward to the next game.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
you answering completly out of context.

My point to you was that i said i dont know another qb that has taken a similar path before the pros. You answered that jordan love had a similar one.
To that i answered and showed you that your statement is not the case. Read here if you dont believe me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Love

Never were stats in my thread (OP) a topic nor was it during our conversation. I never used stats as an argument that i like what i saw from Lance.
So i really dont know what you want to tell me with some stats from a guy who hasnt even had a comparable college career.

It seems like i told you "hey the earth is not flat" and you answer, no ,thats not true. Look, i was swimming today.

What the heck ?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not sure why a 4th round pick was given up for this guy. The NFL doesn't have time to develop a player for 3 or 4 years any more. He either gets it or he does not.

Maybe we were watching the different game than the OP. I didn't really see him throw any timing passes. If the guy was open he tried to fit it in and the throws were late which gave the db's time to make a play on the ball. I'm surprised he did not get picked off multiple times. My opinion: It's time for Lance to put up or go away. Stop wasting time on him if he does not show something in this next game.
Xcept....He's not been developed for 4 years.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I really liked that he didn't have happy feet. That's something you cannot coach out of someone. Many a psychologist could help.

Also liked how he runs, that was really nice to see.

Everything else need a lot of work, but if he's eager he can get better.

Look forward to the next game.
appreciate your post.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I understand that we can all see things slightly different ... but wow, this is well outside his profile even coming out of college.
McCarthy has literally said they were starting over with his footwork and developing things he'd never done.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Xcept....He's not been developed for 4 years
Thats some inside knowledge you share with us.

If you read my initial post and tried to understand my reasoning i wonder how you could make that kind of a post.
Its completly unfair and has nothing to do with reality.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats some inside knowledge you share with us.

If you read my initial post and tried to understand my reasoning i wonder how you could make that kind of a post.
Its completly unfair and has nothing to do with reality.
Did you reply to the intended comment? If so I can explain my viewpoint.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Well you did not read my initial post nor did you really try to understand my points. Else i cant explain such an answer by you.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yes. All i wanted to say is that his play wasnt that bad.

considering the circumstances and his experience to me he played a good game. He looked slow of course.
You could see how he was more thinking than juzst playing by instinct. But that was to be expected.

The guy played essentially only 1 season of college at the qb position.
Show me 1 player who is able to take over the no qb position in his 2nd season for an nfl club like he did with that kind of experience.
“considering the circumstances and his experience“ why is he here?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Maybe Lebron's son should switch to become an NFL QB. He is very athletic, is young and has potential. He has also played about the same amount of football.
Lance’s Dad played in the CFL. You may be on to something.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Well you did not read my initial post nor did you really try to understand my points. Else i cant explain such an answer by you.
I understood exactly what you were trying to say, I just really don't agree. Don't be so touchy.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Xcept....He's not been developed for 4 years.
I can understand that. Mr. Love had some time behind Aaron. I am not sure nfl teams are willing to wait that long to see some development. Things are changing so fast in this game. It's more of a win this year kind of league more than ever.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I can understand that. Mr. Love had some time behind Aaron. I am not sure nfl teams are willing to wait that long to see some development. Things are changing so fast in this game. It's more of a win this year kind of league more than ever.
IMO teams should rethink this. Very few people on the planet have the talent to be an NFL QB and fewer still to play it at a high level. Spending some developmental time & money on a guy who has the abilities seems like a good investment. I would much rather draft a guy in the 4th and him be ready to take the field in year 3 or 4 than draft him in the first and give up on him by that same time because I over drafted him & threw him to the wolves.