I like what i saw from Lance

stinkface

Reaction score
I think while some QBs can make great throws with bad mechanics, most can't. Lance does not have great arm talent nor good mechanics. That's a tough nut to Crack.

PS. Arm talent is not about being able to throw the ball through a brick wall. It's having enough velocity with accuracy and touch. There is a reason most big armed QBs drafted flame out.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think while some QBs can make great throws with bad mechanics, most can't. Lance does not have great arm talent nor good mechanics. That's a tough nut to Crack.

PS. Arm talent is not about being able to throw the ball through a brick wall. It's having enough velocity with accuracy and touch. There is a reason most big armed QBs drafted flame out.
Nothing wrong with his throwing motion.

Tons of video on the kid.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trey Lance has just completed his first live performance with the Rams in TC.

He'll, undoubtedly, be subjected to more competition and treated accordingly!
Some will like what they see, and without a doubt, some won't. Play Ball. :flagwave:

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with his throwing motion.

Tons of video on the kid.

No issue with his throwing motion. Bernie Kosar had a horrible throwing motion, but was all pro many times. More to mechanics then throwing motion. His footwork right now is very inconsistent. That's why lots of his throws are high.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yes but what about building his confidence? help him win a game does that, less passes does that.
Also the better he looks, the more likely his trade value goes up.

Cowboys made him look bad, and didnt help his confidence at all.

Also the 4th yr thing is meaningless. He is still a rookie on a new team running new plays with new people and coaches.
building his confidence? in year 4? he should have confidence in himself. this ain't a nursery for 2 year olds. he is a grown man, with a job, drafted 3rd overall. he has been given every freaking opportunity to succeed.

just maybe, he doesn't have it. stop wishing him to be something he is not.

how did the cowboys made him look bad? he is the one with the ball, play in front of him. make the plays. don't miss wide open WRs. don't over throw. read the defense. its what a QB does

and no he is not a rookie. he is a 4th year player. its not the first time a player joins a new team and learn play book. he has been with the cowboys for a year now. he should know the play book. a rookie is the ones that just got drafted this past year. been exposed to the playbook for just a couple of months and they just played in the very first ever NFL game. stop saying he is a rookie. he is not a rookie. he is a 4th year player.

why all the sympathy for him? I don't get it.

Cmac

Reaction score
How were you surprised? This fanbase/site doesnt know how to evaluate QB play. They think the current starter is top-5 and a year in/out MVP candidate.
WillieBeamen........with all due respect sincerely........close your eyes for a moment and imagine our QB play without a top-5 and a year in/out MVP candidate. You good with that?......just askin' respectfully.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
WillieBeamen........with all due respect sincerely........close your eyes for a moment and imagine our QB play without a top-5 and a year in/out MVP candidate. You good with that?......just askin' respectfully.
I dont have to imagine. We havent had that caliber QB since Roger

Robster8989

Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree.
He is so green, and he's a player in his 4th year. He makes mistakes and misreads like you'd expect a rookie to make.
His athleticism is off the charts, but his mind is what limits him.
I would have hoped by his 4th year he'd have studied enough film to see some things more clearly on the field.
The major issue I have with trading for him is that he is in his final year of his deal, so there is no time to develop him. I'd rather we kept the 4th rounder and selected a QB that we'd have 4 years to develop at a low, controlled cost.
I just feel it's a typical Jerry move. All splash, not much football thought behind it.
For a team with playoff aspirations, Rush is a way better choice for a back up. He won't beat himself and will give us a chance if Dak goes down. Lance will beat himself IMO and make too many mistakes.
Again, if he was making a 4th round pick rookie deal, and we controlled him for 4 years at a low cost, I'm all for it, but Lance is making 5.3 mil in his final year and he will be an UFA so we have no control over him.

Cmac

Reaction score
I dont have to imagine. We havent had that caliber QB since Roger
Thanks. I understand......but I don't understand the dismissal of Troy Aikman. We don't win without his contributions during those great years (no need for Troy to be Top 5). Of late (including Romo years).....we've (fanbase) been hoisting all the pressures on the QB to cover for the other areas of inefficiency. If we are without our current QB (and #1 WR)......let's call it what it will be.......rebuilding, despite the owner talking like a used car salesman.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Disagree.

Tons of video agree with me.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree.
He is so green, and he's a player in his 4th year. He makes mistakes and misreads like you'd expect a rookie to make.
His athleticism is off the charts, but his mind is what limits him.
I would have hoped by his 4th year he'd have studied enough film to see some things more clearly on the field.
The major issue I have with trading for him is that he is in his final year of his deal, so there is no time to develop him. I'd rather we kept the 4th rounder and selected a QB that we'd have 4 years to develop at a low, controlled cost.
I just feel it's a typical Jerry move. All splash, not much football thought behind it.
For a team with playoff aspirations, Rush is a way better choice for a back up. He won't beat himself and will give us a chance if Dak goes down. Lance will beat himself IMO and make too many mistakes.
Again, if he was making a 4th round pick rookie deal, and we controlled him for 4 years at a low cost, I'm all for it, but Lance is making 5.3 mil in his final year and he will be an UFA so we have no control over him.
He’s not a rookie.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm rewatching the game right now..and so far..the 1st two series...lance is not as bad as you experts say he is.

This idea that it makes you really in the know to say he isn't....Well 1st off he actually IS...a Dallas Cowboys QB.

2nd...he did make plays...

so i have no idea what you are talking about and maybe you aren't surprise, but that's okay with me. I know what *I* see.

Is he better than Dak? I dunno. maybe in 8 years?

And don;t tell me he's had 4. He hasn;t had 4 full quality years...fact.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Disagree.

Tons of video agree with me.
Why don’t you want him starting the opener against at Cleveland? If he has to be ready by July, 2025 shouldn’t he get started playing in games that count now? Guys like Bailey Zappe, Kenny Pickett, Taylor Heinicke are all much further along in their development. When can we expect your “phenom” to get significant NFL experience? The 49ers at least started him in regular season games. What is the Cowboys’ problem with Trey Lance?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why don’t you want him starting the opener against at Cleveland? If he has to be ready by July, 2025 shouldn’t he get started playing in games that count now? Guys like Bailey Zappe, Kenny Pickett, Taylor Heinicke are all much further along in their development. When can we expect your “phenom” to get significant NFL experience? The 49ers at least started him in regular season games. What is the Cowboys’ problem with Trey Lance?
Lance has played with the 1s at SF.

He has a 2-2 career record.

Lance isn’t a rookie.

But he needs more reps with our 1s

The kid is gifted.