CFZ I mean is anyone really surprised right now?

StarLord

Reaction score
The nature of how we lost really.. really reminds me of our losses to SF in the playoffs the last 2 years. I used to be embarrassed by the ways in which we lost.. I'm numb this year.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yes he did and the team was coached by a man who flew bomber missions that no moment was too big for.
Tom Landry had them prepared for games like this.
And you are correct it does seem like a long time ago but no less unforgettable
I hear you my Cowboy brother.
At least we have the memories.
I marvel at these young fans..
Why exactly do they stick with this team ?

ESisback

Reaction score
Right now….
1)Eagles
2)Lions
3)49ers
4)Cowboys
5)Seahawks

Solve the running game, stay healthy, and we’ll move up.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Par for the course. The Jerry Cowboys are so anti-clutch.
Jerry's Cowboys says it all. There is no way these sort of mistakes being made over and over again happen if we had a HC with actual power. Instead we have an inept owner/GM who not only hires yes men but has created a culture of not holding players accountable. Which allows players and coaches to make the same mistakes over and over, season to season.

morat1959

Reaction score
You will be able to look at tape on any team and find missed plays; win or lose. Dallas will still make the playoffs. No one on this site or in the media, knows how the chips will fall.
You live in a fantasy world if you think this team has a snowball’s chance in $&@@ at winning a SB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Right now….
1)Eagles
2)Lions
3)49ers
4)Cowboys
5)Seahawks

Solve the running game, stay healthy, and we’ll move up.
Shore up the penalties and we win that game. I know the refs have some bad calls and non calls. Especially at the end of the game, that throw to the TE and was stopped at the 5 inch line was an easy call on the defender. Was right in front of the ref. He CLEARLY hit him and started tackling him before the ball got there. If he don’t hit him early I believe he is able to turn upfield and score.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The toughest part of all this for me is having to admit objectively that the eagles are just a better team. They made plays when they had to and we didn’t.
Bob, you're always well thought out and respectful so please take this reply as a respectful one, cuz it is.

I'm not sure why the game's outcome is difficult to swallow and admitting the Eagles are the better team is hard to accept. Collectively their roster is better than ours, they entered the season as the NFC SB representative from last year, most credible talking heads stated they were the team to beat, they're the only team with one loss, then there's the front office moves/negotiations and so on, and so on. They are decisively better - end of topic. The fact that the Cowboys pushed them to the end in their house is a testament the team and Dak's efforts.

The next part that may be hard for Cowboys fans to accept is that the game in Dallas may not be any closer. Think about it. Are the Cowboys going to find a running game between now and then? The Eagles know that with second and five they probably get a first down with two runs while the Cowboys rely on having to pass on 4th and short situations. And what's the likelihood of Dak having another statistical performance like he had on Sunday? Dak can't be a solid manager like Hurts and get away with it, he has to play at a higher level for this team to get it done against quality teams. Hell, Hurts can even throw a couple picks and the rest of the team will pick him up.

I'm not saying Dallas can't beat a team of the Eagles ilk, but I do believe they are working with a much smaller margin for error than that team in Philly.

Sydla

Reaction score
Really, does it matter?
We will be one and done anyways...
We played well yesterday on the road against the best team in the NFL currently.

That being said, nothing from that game would lead me to conclude this team is ready for a run. Because at the end of the day, we blew a winnable game against a good team due to our own stupidity, dumb decisions, coaching mistakes, etc. And that's what always sinks us come postseason. So while it was a great game and we looked good at times, we still blew the game in the same fashion we blow games come postseason.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We played well yesterday on the road against the best team in the NFL currently.

That being said, nothing from that game would lead me to conclude this team is ready for a run. Because at the end of the day, we blew a winnable game against a good team due to our own stupidity, dumb decisions, coaching mistakes, etc. And that's what always sinks us come postseason. So while it was a great game and we looked good at times, we still blew the game in the same fashion we blow games come postseason.
I dont think the egirls are the best team in the NFL.
KC is in my humble opinion...

Zordon

Reaction score
When you calm down for a second and think about it, are you really surprised by this team turning what was a prime spot to score the winning TD from the 6 yard line into a desperation last second play that comes up 5 yards short?

For most fanbases, what happened there at the end would probably stun some fanbases. But it shouldn't surprise ours. We live for moments like that. We thrive in incompetence in moments like that. It takes a special level of undiscipined, inept, stupid play to blow a 1st and goal from the 6 yard line with more than enough time to score and the game on the line. Roles reverses, does anyone doubt that Philly wouldn't have scored on us in that situation? Of course they would have. They aren't as dumb a team as we are.

A false start. Then your RT gets whipped to be compounded by your vet QB deciding not to chuck the ball away and live for the next 3 plays from the 11. Then chaos sets in and your QB costs you 5 more yards on a delay, to then not throw into the endzone, but rather short of it........... by 5 yards......... as the clock runs out.

If you had told a fan of another team that's how they lost a game, they'd say you made it up. You tell a Cowboys fan that's how they lost a winnable game against a good team, and pretty much all of us would say, "Yeah, that sounds about right............."
I would have been shocked if it ended any other way. Everything about that final few minutes is exactly what I expected and what everyone should expect from this franchise at this point.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bob, you're always well thought out and respectful so please take this reply as a respectful one, cuz it is.

I'm not sure why the game's outcome is difficult to swallow and admitting the Eagles are the better team is hard to accept. Collectively their roster is better than ours, they entered the season as the NFC SB representative from last year, most credible talking heads stated they were the team to beat, they're the only team with one loss, then there's the front office moves/negotiations and so on, and so on. They are decisively better - end of topic. The fact that the Cowboys pushed them to the end in their house is a testament the team and Dak's efforts.

The next part that may be hard for Cowboys fans to accept is that the game in Dallas may not be any closer. Think about it. Are the Cowboys going to find a running game between now and then? The Eagles know that with second and five they probably get a first down with two runs while the Cowboys rely on having to pass on 4th and short situations. And what's the likelihood of Dak having another statistical performance like he had on Sunday? Dak can't be a solid manager like Hurts and get away with it, he has to play at a higher level for this team to get it done against quality teams. Hell, Hurts can even throw a couple picks and the rest of the team will pick him up.

I'm not saying Dallas can't beat a team of the Eagles ilk, but I do believe they are working with a much smaller margin for error than that team in Philly.
The Eagles didn't win that game. We lost it. Big difference.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A false start. Then your RT gets whipped to be compounded by your vet QB deciding not to chuck the ball away and live for the next 3 plays from the 11. Then chaos sets in and your QB costs you 5 more yards on a delay, to then not throw into the endzone, but rather short of it........... by 5 yards......... as the clock runs out.
Clown Team

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I’m not offering an opinion buy where the teams are currently seeded.
1. Phil
2. Det
3. SF
4. Sea
6. Dallas

I suppose we could present an argument for 4th but certainly not 3rd.
BY “seeded” I assume you mean best to less best and not playoff seeding. Correct?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I would have been shocked if it ended any other way. Everything about that final few minutes is exactly what I expected and what everyone should expect from this franchise at this point.
I expected them to choke in a new and inventive way as they usually do, but they really impressed me with the series of events at 1st & 10 at the 6. Even I, as cynical as I am about the Cowboys choking all the time, did not foresee them so inept as to not even vomit one football into the end zone for at least a chance of a win.

This, of course, is after we got set up for this earlier by Dak's unforced error of stepping out of bounds to cost us two points. If we have those two points then we only have to kick a FG to tie it up at the end.

Other teams just choke in normal, non-complex ways that usually just involve one play going wrong. The Cowboys are playing 4D Underwater Choke.

The most brilliant of minds could not predict the complexity of these chokes where each domino must be set up and knocked over all throughout the game to create a masterpiece.

The most creative of writers could not write this stuff for movies as nobody would believe it if they could even fathom the myriad details that goes into Cowboys Choke Masterpieces.

starfan1

Reaction score
giphy.gif

I have become...
Comfortably numb.
Great group wrong album