I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you think he will improve and will be able to win in the playoffs? I mean take Romo out of the equation. Is Dak still improving as a quarterback or is he declining with age? People keep saying Dak needs this and Dak needs that to win. Will the team be able to surround him with Talent, given his upcoming extension? At what point, is it best to move on without causing more damage to the Salary Cap?
He improved this season and has won in the playoffs before. He was regressing prior to this season but ended up having a career year. After leading the league in INTs in 2022, he led the league in TDs this season. He had a career high completion percentage of almost 70% and a career high passer rating. He was in the MVP race all season. If he could get better this season with an inconsistent running game and OL issues, he could get even better next season if we can improve in those areas. None of us know what the team will be able to do talent wise after they extend him. But a lot of fans would rather move on from him and use the extra cap space on players, leaving the team without a viable QB, which is stupid! I’ve never seen a fanbase devalue the QB position like this fan base. You have fans here who think you can win a Super Bowl with any QB. :rolleyes: Kansas City might not have even made the playoffs if they didn’t have Patrick Mahomes.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
He improved this season and has won in the playoffs before. He was regressing prior to this season but ended up having a career year. After leading the league in INTs in 2022, he led the league in TDs this season. He had a career high completion percentage of almost 70% and a career high passer rating. He was in the MVP race all season. If he could get better this season with an inconsistent running game and OL issues, he could get even better next season if we can improve in those areas. None of us know what the team will be able to do talent wise after they extend him. But a lot of fans would rather move on from him and use the extra cap space on players, leaving the team without a viable QB, which is stupid!
You're probably of a different opinion, but I see part of this "MVP" season having to do playing in the NFC Least Division. Both the Cowboys and the Eagles benefit from having two bottom feeders in the division to pad their wins. And then the Eagles were pretenders just like the Cowboys, so splitting with them, still isn't anything to brag about. People just overrated the cowboys all season long as they tend to do. I also would take the 2016 version of Dak over the 2023 version. That Dak won because he didn't know better, and had good instincts that has since been coached out of him. What year was the last time Dak had the "IT" factor? sometime in 2017?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he’s every bit is good. Mahomes is blessed with the complete package the franchise. The referees and the media screw him.
Was never the type to kick a man when he's down..................BUT MAN COMMON NOW????????????????????? :facepalm:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg

No, I certainly don't. Plus, I think the issues are more than just Dak. I've been saying this for a while this offseason so far, but I noticed a weakness in our run game and our run defence last offseason. Just to make it clear, I'm not faulting the FO for moving on from Zeke. I AM however, faulting them for not providing an adequate replacement. It was quite obvious that Pollard wasn't going to work as a RB1. That's not his primary skill set. I also didn't like our plans at LB as we were rail thin, and we have issues at LB with injury. I thought we could go deep IF (during the offseason) we could UPGRADE our running game AND stop the run effectively. We obviously did neither. If we are to have a chance to win more than 5-6 games with the schedule next season, we MUST run the ball AND stop the run. Now, if we do this and he STILL struggles, then it's a good thing it's the last year of his deal, because we probably will have a very high pick.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
False dichotomy, is not Dak vs bad Qbs of the past is Dak vs a better, younger Qb that does not choke in the playoffs.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak was top ten based on what? Stats?
Most of his numbers came from garbage time when the game was already decided or from weak competition. Dak has outlived his time as a starting QB. He has shown he has nothing left to offer from a starters perspective. He'll make a great backup for most any team in the league. But that's it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Im not trying to really debate you or anything, but there are hundreds of quarterbacks in the NFL. Only 32 of them are starters.

Dak isn't elite at all, but can you please explain to me how a quarterback can become 2nd team All Pro by just "garbage time" numbers?

There are 32 starting quarterbacks and only 2 quarterbacks are selected to the All Pro list. So are you saying Dak is the only quarterback in the NFL who made it 2nd team All Pro and was in the MVP race based on garbage time?

If that's the case, why haven’t the elite quarterbacks who are better than Dak, been able to garbage time their way onto the All Pro team and the MVP consideration?

Other quarterbacks have played the same teams Dak have played.... so what's their excuses for failing to reach All Pro status and MVP consideration? I'm confused because isn't elite.

There was only one quarterback selected ahead of :him on the All Pro list (which is a respected list) so whw weren't the other quarterbacks better than he is, able to outplay him this year?

And please.... can you please just answer the questions I've asked. No goal post moving or hypocrisy, etc. Respectfully.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
My problem with Dak is simple … he’s overpaid & doesn’t make enough of a difference to over compensate how much $$$ he makes.

If he was serious about winning a Super Bowl he’d take a team friendly deal & I’d have no issue with him.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Meanwhile this is the 49-ers list of QB's since Steve Young. In that list they have had 3 guys who their team has gone to the playoffs and even been to the SB with Kapernick, Garoppolo and now Purdy - both Kapernick and Garoppolo were sent packing and I suspect if Purdy can't get it done he will too. You don't hold on to dudes who have proven to not be able to get it done. That's the nature of the business. How many times do we need to go over this - hold on to a dude too long because you are scared that the next guy will be Alex Smith or Jeff Garcia or Drew Henson bullcrap? Yes, the next guy might be that, but to let that keep you from potentially improving at a spot is bloody insanity.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how to respond to that. I'll just say that Mahomes in on a completely different level than Dak. Just in the last few weeks he went into Buffalo and Baltimore and won. Do you think Dak would win either of those games? Hell NO.
Exactly Big Dog, Mahommes has more road playoffs win this season than Dak does in his entire 8-year career.

Hard for me to take anybody seriously that even mentions Mahomes and Dak in the same breath, makes me seriously question their IQ level.

plymkr

Reaction score
Now if Dak wants to take $40 million a year and admit he needs some help (better run game, improved oline, ect...), then I got no problem with Dak
This. I think I said this in this thread or another thread. Dak is the best average QB in the league. He’s average because in the regular season he lights it up, against good but mostly bad teams. In the post season he’s not effective. So if Dak would take 40 million a year then we can bring in some FAs to beef up and add depth in the trenches.then roll the dice that Dak can put it together in the postseason with the trenches solidified.

If Dak takes the highest paid player in history contract then he’ll have the likes of Richards, Chuba, Bass, aging Martin and crippled Steele blocking for him. That would be disastrous and wasting seasons. If we’re going to waste seasons I’d rather be building for the future.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Im not trying to really debate you or anything, but there are hundreds of quarterbacks in the NFL. Only 32 of them are starters.

Dak isn't elite at all, but can you please explain to me how a quarterback can become 2nd team All Pro by just "garbage time" numbers?

There are 32 starting quarterbacks and only 2 quarterbacks are selected to the All Pro list. So are you saying Dak is the only quarterback in the NFL who made it 2nd team All Pro and was in the MVP race based on garbage time?

If that's the case, why haven’t the elite quarterbacks who are better than Dak, been able to garbage time their way onto the All Pro team and the MVP consideration?

Other quarterbacks have played the same teams Dak have played.... so what's their excuses for failing to reach All Pro status and MVP consideration? I'm confused because isn't elite.

There was only one quarterback selected ahead of :him on the All Pro list (which is a respected list) so whw weren't the other quarterbacks better than he is, able to outplay him this year?

And please.... can you please just answer the questions I've asked. No goal post moving or hypocrisy, etc. Respectfully.
Had to double check and there are 94 QBs either rostered or with team rights in the league so not hundreds.

plymkr

Reaction score
Which wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't taking up a quarter of the cap space. Average QB's are average because they literally need to be carried the entire way. They don't elevate anyone.
Right. I just made a post basically saying keep him if he takes an average salary. Then build a team to elevate him. That could work IMO.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This. I think I said this in this thread or another thread. Dak is the best average QB in the league. He’s average because in the regular season he lights it up, against good but mostly bad teams. In the post season he’s not effective. So if Dak would take 40 million a year then we can bring in some FAs to beef up and add depth in the trenches.then roll the dice that Dak can put it together in the postseason with the trenches solidified.

If Dak takes the highest paid player in history contract then he’ll have the likes of Richards, Chuba, Bass, aging Martin and crippled Steele blocking for him. That would be disastrous and wasting seasons. If we’re going to waste seasons I’d rather be building for the future.
Exactly...........if we pay Dak $60 million we cant afford enough good players around him for him to be successful against the good teams.

LIke you said, if we are just going to be wasting seasons, we could be doing that with a young QB getting experience.......................and I'm not advocating for Lance to be the starter, if Shanny doesnt want you it raises red flags for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.