I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

GINeric

Reaction score
Had to double check and there are 94 QBs either rostered or with team rights in the league so not hundreds.

That was my fault because I meant to make the point of hundreds of quarterbacks who came along since Dak was in the league. I got a phone call in the middle of typing and hijacked my own points.

My bad on that, but still. They're actually 96 quarterbacks.

Only 2 of them are selected to the All Pro list. There are better quarterbacks in the league than Dak, yet only one of them were put higher on the All Pro honors.

So how does a quarterback reach All Pro honors with MVP considerations based off of "garbage time stats and weak teams"..... if it was so easy, why didn't the quarterbacks better than Dak place themselves on the All Pro honors and MVP consideration?? Is Dak the only quarterback who played in garbage time and weak teams this season??

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That was my fault because I meant to make the point of hundreds of quarterbacks who came along since Dak was in the league. I got a phone call in the middle of typing and hijacked my own points.

Only 2 of them are selected to the All Pro list. There are better quarterbacks in the league than Dak, yet only one of them were put higher on the All Pro honors.

So how does a quarterback reach All Pro honors with MVP considerations based off of "garbage time stats and weak teams"..... if it was so easy, why didn't the quarterbacks better than Dak place themselves on the All Pro honors and MVP consideration?? Is Dak the only quarterback who played in garbage time and weak teams this season??
If the data is what you are solely relying on is the baseline for your evaluation, then that is your option and opinion, but I spend a lot of time watching every team play for a reason and have a pretty good feel for the playmakers in this league and the talent levels and weaknesses as well, just based from observation metrics.

Film study, watching and observing reaction times, etc...

Sometimes when you see the entire picture it makes recognizing where players really rank overall, the numbers you follow are merely an illusionary stat building paycheck collector in this league.

Has been that way for a very long time now, where have you been sleeping for a day or two.

HanD

Reaction score

You have a point and for me dak is a good QB. Just not consistent or reliable in the playoffs. but consider mahommes and Allen got off to bad starts. Burrows was injured also. Hurts either had a down year or showed his true colors. Not saying dak didn't have a good year but all pro is a bit of an outlier imo. Just like his ints last year was not a trend but a blip. Id rather have a non all pro QB who plays big in the playoffs. Heck even purdy and Stroud and love came up huge but they weren't all pro. It's like the moment is too big for him.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

You're ignoring the elephant in the room.....performance under pressure. 3 consecutive play-off defeats where he's been unable to deliver ( 2 SF games where he had chances in last 4 mins to win/tie game, and this year, the on-field 'deer in headlights' capitulation as soon as we went behind).

The 'issue' with Dak is that he performs in arm-chair circumstances (where he can play his game), but out of his comfort zone he never appears to raise his performance......IF (big if) we had a roster that could near guarantee a lead he'd be EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT, however, paying him top $ (plus the deferred bonus') means against better teams the onus is going to be on him and he just isnt that gunslinger/fighter when the pressure's on.

We've seen what Dak is and nothing can overcome that apparent anxiety/composure issue.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
Dak's choked three playoff years in a row. Yes other parts of the team did too, but at his salary he needs to freaking step up and not panic and do his job. He hasn't. I'll take an unknown over a proven choker any day because while regular season wins are okay, I'm not a loser satisfied with a good regular season and choking in the playoffs. I want deep runs in the playoffs and maybe a SB. At least with an unknown you have something or you don't. If you don't, try again. It beats guaranteed post-season failure if you're striving to actually improve.

nobody

Reaction score
They can’t stand the way he replaced the hero
IT was time for Romo to go. He couldn't hold up. I supported Dak then. I supported keeping him in after Romo was healthy. Dak had my support until last year's playoff collapse until the 49ers. His second choke in a row. The GB game solidified to me that Dak is a choker. Romo has nothing to do with it and only juvenile thinking suggests otherwise.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But a lot of fans would rather move on from him and use the extra cap space on players, leaving the team without a viable QB, which is stupid!
Just the opposite. Moving on gives the Cowboys the best chance to win in the future. It's always the same story. If you can't win in the playoffs with Dak, why make him the highest paid player in the league??? There might be 5 QB's taken in the first round this draft. Get one. Sign a vet and have a 3 way battle. If he doesn't work out get another in a few years. At least you are trying. Right now, the Cowboys aren't even trying.

Playing it safe and giving Dak that idiotic extension is what's stupid. Like I've said a million times, he will win some games and sell some merch and drive tv ratings. THAT ISN'T THE GOAL. He just handicaps adding needed resources and wastes careers players like Lamb and Parsons while the Jones clan keeps raking in big money into their back pockets.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...the-quarterback-of-the-dallas-cowboys.520746/

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meanwhile this is the 49-ers list of QB's since Steve Young. In that list they have had 3 guys who their team has gone to the playoffs and even been to the SB with Kapernick, Garoppolo and now Purdy - both Kapernick and Garoppolo were sent packing and I suspect if Purdy can't get it done he will too. You don't hold on to dudes who have proven to not be able to get it done. That's the nature of the business. How many times do we need to go over this - hold on to a dude too long because you are scared that the next guy will be Alex Smith or Jeff Garcia or Drew Henson bullcrap? Yes, the next guy might be that, but to let that keep you from potentially improving at a spot is bloody insanity.
All the proof you need to know that hanging onto Dak year after year and not moving on from him is dumb.

Every year there are new QB's enter the league. Teams take a chance on them for a reason. Well, every team but one.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak's choked three playoff years in a row. Yes other parts of the team did too, but at his salary he needs to freaking step up and not panic and do his job. He hasn't. I'll take an unknown over a proven choker any day because while regular season wins are okay, I'm not a loser satisfied with a good regular season and choking in the playoffs. I want deep runs in the playoffs and maybe a SB. At least with an unknown you have something or you don't. If you don't, try again. It beats guaranteed post-season failure if you're striving to actually improve.
Yep, and it's interesting how we attribute the GB defeat to our inability to stop the run. Yes it contributed, however, they only ran for 33 yards to get to the 27-0 lead. I will agree that a running game would help us out......but again it's Dak needing more and more to perform (OUT OF OTHERS), rather than him, the highest paid (ball-in hand) player actually taking the responsibility that's warranted with such a contract.

Im with the viewpoint that if Dak was paid a reasonably high contract, which befitted his play, rather than the elite money then im ok.....but to pay him elite money ....NO WAY.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
IMG-4617.jpg
Who did Dak play well against? Anytime we played a half decent defense how did he fair? Not so well. We ended up with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year and it showed in the first round of the playoffs. For some reason Dak can't handle good defenses and absolutely destroys bad ones. I think he panics or something and once he does he is just gone. You can't have that in a QB. I would much rather be bad for a few year
s even five years if it meant getting back to a Superbowl or NFC Championship in the next 10 years because we ain't getting there with Dak, period.

HanD

Reaction score
Yep, and it's interesting how we attribute the GB defeat to our inability to stop the run. Yes it contributed, however, they only ran for 33 yards to get to the 27-0 lead. I will agree that a running game would help us out......but again it's Dak needing more and more to perform (OUT OF OTHERS), rather than him, the highest paid (ball-in hand) player actually taking the responsibility that's warranted with such a contract.

Im with the viewpoint that if Dak was paid a reasonably high contract, which befitted his play, rather than the elite money then im ok.....but to pay him elite money ....NO WAY.
Geno Smith was paid aav 25. Mayfield will be under 40m, tannehill minshew less than 30. Dallas doesn't slip if they pay one of those guys and uses the extra 20 or 25m for the rest of the team at positions like ol, lb and RB.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Geno Smith was paid aav 25. Mayfield will be under 40m, tannehill minshew less than 30. Dallas doesn't slip if they pay one of those guys and uses the extra 20 or 25m for the rest of the team at positions like ol, lb and RB.
Yep, that's what's always missing with the argument that "Dak's better than....xyz". You need to factor in the contract and what could be upgraded upon with the saved CAP.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMG-4617.jpg
2-6 in the playoffs, literally worst ever nfl record for a QB with at least 5 starts.

So you're okay to pay the worst ever playoff qb 60 million a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.