I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Haha, ok people like me? You know nothing about me and I have no idea why you have to take it to this level in questioning ones intelligence. I'm game to debate you, but all you're doing is discrediting facts with calling people stupid because they don't agree with your point. Meanwhile you have nothing to add to backup your point of view other than suggesting you watch games? Really? If you do watch games you would have noticed a number of let downs from Tony over the years. Sure he played some great games too, but his best football usually wasn't played in December or the playoffs.

I suggest you go back and study more game film and come back when you have something of subtance to add to your argument. Maybe google or search youtube for some highlight reels of Romo leading the Cowboys on a deep playoff run with his lights out play.
I’m questioning your football intelligence not your overall intelligence that I agree I don’t know. I do have insight to your football knowledge though. I don’t call folks stupid because they disagree with me stop it. I asked you a question using your own words and you couldn’t answer it but are trying to strawman me because of it? That’s some bad faith stuff right there fellow Cowboys fan. You’re the one that can’t show this consistent lack of Romo playing bad in the playoffs even though YOU claim this is the case lol.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's an 8 year vet. He can handle the pressure of the regular season. Come playoff time he craps the bed. Its time to take a shot at finding a better QB. Or build the loaded team that can win without a stud QB. Easier said than done.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He's an 8 year vet. He can handle the pressure of the regular season. Come playoff time he craps the bed. Its time to take a shot at finding a better QB. Or build the loaded team that can win without a stud QB. Easier said than done.
It depends on what teams he plays in the regular season for him to handle. Bad teams, no problems.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He can handle the pressure in the regular season against every bad team we play and the Eagles.

He sucks against the good teams not named the Eagles in the regular season also.

Always has and always will.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I’m questioning your football intelligence not your overall intelligence that I agree I don’t know. I do have insight to your football knowledge though. I don’t call folks stupid because they disagree with me stop it. I asked you a question using your own words and you couldn’t answer it but are trying to strawman me because of it? That’s some bad faith stuff right there fellow Cowboys fan. You’re the one that can’t show this consistent lack of Romo playing bad in the playoffs even though YOU claim this is the case lol.
Contradict much? I gave you details backing up Romo's stellar play or lack there of with hard facts. I'm just asking you to take your football knowledge and go watch some film and show me how you break down film and analyze a play to discredit records, stats, and hard facts. What is your football background by the way?

McMicah

Reaction score
Did you say the same about Romo?
That’s a completely fair question to ask, but the answer is going to be no from a lot of people, and here’s why:

2016 (when Romo left us) was the best team that Tony ever had. For pretty much his entire career, he had either a bad defense, bad coaches, bad OLs or all of the above. He actually had good receivers IMO but outside of that it was never just an insane team. Sure there were seasons when they had plenty of pro bowlers, but the team as a whole was never that great. Dak has had multiple top defenses, multiple #1 offenses, and coaching changes galore.

Now, I’m not saying that he isn’t good, but I believe most fans think the best teams Dak had to play with are behind him, and that things only get worse from here. He could never get it done with those teams, so why believe he will with worse teams? Why not move on and try and build a new team around a new, inexpensive talent at QB?

I’m just telling you the logic I think a lot of people will approach your question with

Ken

Reaction score
He had a running game when Elliott was in his prime. It was the same results.
Ya we got beat in a miracle play from Aaron Rodgers.

2018 we gave up over 200 yards rushing on defense vs rams.

Ken

Reaction score
Not that all blame goes on him but he does need to do better. He needs more support. And to provide that, you can't pay him 50m+. Those contracts should be reserved for guys that can carry you.

I've never been against him til after the gb game.
So we won't pay the guy who is one of the best of the litter beyond Mahomes while guys like Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones and other marginal qbs get 40+?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dak has not fared well in the playoffs. Not a single QB in the past 28 years has fared well in the playoffs. Romo and Dak are the best of that bunch the past 28 years, yet neither fared well. Dak failed to put the team on his shoulders and beat the Packers. I will only say that in that particular game, I don’t think any current QB in the NFL would have won that game. Several likely would have played better, but I don’t see how any would have won.

Most of us recognize that Dak is a good starting QB who needs a good team around him. I still believe he is capable of leading us to a SB, but not with an offense that cannot run where he needs to pass 35 times, and not with a defense that requires he lead the offense to score over 30 against every good team. If Jerry believes he can, he’s wrong. If you believe we will find a QB who can, you are just as wrong. When you have an above average QB, you don’t need an all star at every position, but you need a solid, dependable defense. It doesn’t have to be the best, but it needs to control the run and be consistent, not wildly up and down. You also need a balanced offense that can run the ball and make plays through the air. It is more important to be good at both than great at either.

If Dallas cannot become more balanced on offense and cannot build a capable, dependable, consistent defense, then it would be wise to find a way to move on from Dak because we will not win in the playoffs. But that probably holds true of any QB who takes over.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So we won't pay the guy who is one of the best of the litter beyond Mahomes while guys like Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones and other marginal qbs get 40+?
Dak at 40 mil, given the current market, I wouldn't cry about, but you better pray to God they are able to use the savings to install the best offensive line, defense, and running game in the league. Because it doesn't matter what you are paying him, he is going to go all googly eyes and jelly arm in the playoffs. Overcoming his glitch is going to cost a fortune.

1942willys

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
You dak bots really are oblivious to reality

jgboys1

Reaction score
He is good at beating up the giants, Commanders and Jets but put him against a little above.500 team and he ***** the bed.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Nice sig photo tell us what SB win of Dak's is that from? :muttley: :facepalm:
The floor with those guys would be the same success as Dak gives us.
As soon as I see one of these photos with Dak holding up a Lombardi Trophy, I know it’s a worshiper of Dak and don’t even respond to it.
I remember one where Dak and Zeke were hugging and holding a Super Bowl trophy. Pathetic make believe ****!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
This argument went out the window as soon as Cooper Rush went 4-1 in 2022 and beat some good teams along the way. The NFL is a QB-friendly league now...you don't have to hold onto Dak anymore. It's okay to try to improve and keep looking for a stud QB instead of holding onto Dak forever.

I hope the Dak fans realize that it's pretty rare for ANY team to keep a starting QB of this caliber for this long. For example, if you are a team legend like Drew Brees then sure, you can keep him around when he's old and in decline just to try to get him one more ring before he retires. A future HOF QB and maybe the best player in Saints history deserves that. Dak is NOT in that category here!

Status
Not open for further replies.